Good old Steny

stgislander

PREMO Member
At least Steny is a known quantity. I hate to see who PG and Charles will elect when Steny finally calls it quits.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
At least Steny is a known quantity. I hate to see who PG and Charles will elect when Steny finally calls it quits.

I see a Shiela Jackson Lee in our future.......God help us all....

But I always thought Bohannan was Steny’s hand pick successor...

stgislander

PREMO Member
I see a Shiela Jackson Lee in our future.......God help us all....

But I always thought Bohannan was Steny’s hand pick successor...

Steny screwed JohnnyBo over by staying in office so long. Especially after he got booted from the House of Delegates.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Steny's district is one of the few in Maryland that doesn't include at least a small piece of Montgomery County. We are stuck with him because of Charles and PG counties.

One of the few in MD that doesn't include at least a small piece of Montgomery County?

Actually, there are only three congressional districts that include Montgomery County. The third, sixth, and the eighth.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
One of the few in MD that doesn't include at least a small piece of Montgomery County?

Actually, there are only three congressional districts that include Montgomery County. The third, sixth, and the eighth.

Good ole gerrymandering. It’s going to be interesting when SCOTUS gets rid if that and we get real representation. When the voters get to pick the candidates instead of the candidates picking the voters.....

stgislander

PREMO Member
That narrow sliver of the 5th district that runs up through Greenbelt all the way to the Montgomery border is obvious gerrymandering.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Good ole gerrymandering. It’s going to be interesting when SCOTUS gets rid if that and we get real representation. When the voters get to pick the candidates instead of the candidates picking the voters.....

SCOTUS ruled against Pennsylvania's Gerrymanders today, there is hope.

3CATSAILOR

He's on TV with Bret Baier making a horse's ass out of himself, insisting that this is a "tax cut for the rich", which is a slap in the face to his constituents who are smart enough to actually, you know, crunch the numbers. So he is effectively saying, "My dumbass third grade educated voters will buy anything I say because they don't know any better."

Can we vote him out of there? Please?

Or do you all just like being looked down on and insulted by him?

I have talked to him many times. Each time I was never impressed with him. I think if he retired, Steny, the person, might turn out to be a nice guy. He needs to move on and lets give some fresh blood a chance.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I have talked to him many times. Each time I was never impressed with him. I think if he retired, Steny, the person, might turn out to be a nice guy. He needs to move on and lets give some fresh blood a chance.

He's a pompous ass..........just sayin'

I've met him numerous times.........

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
You guys waiting for Steny to leave will beg for him to come out of retirement when you see his replacement.

Hint:
She won't be from any of the three SOMD Counties, nor will she reflect the majority demographic of them.

BernieP

Resident PIA
You guys waiting for Steny to leave will beg for him to come out of retirement when you see his replacement.

Hint:
She won't be from any of the three SOMD Counties, nor will she reflect the majority demographic of them.

Well we get what we deserve. If people down here didn't pull the big lever, but voted on each office, he might have been ousted.
But there are enough democrats in the three counties, which includes St. Mary's that will pull the party lever and vote Steny in because he's a democrat.
Sometimes they don't know why, but their parents were democrats so that's what they are.