Good Times at Cadillac Jacks

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Though I am not familiar with this bistro,
What?? Well shut my mouf...you definitely ain't from 'round here.

Good friend of mine owned it for a long time. He shut it down some years ago and only kept his liquor store going (its all in the same building). New owner just re-opened the "night club" back up 9 days or so ago.

I was sort of a "regular" there back in the late 80s, early 90s. The demographic of that area of the county was...erm..."different" back then.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control

Good friend of mine owned it for a long time. He shut it down some years ago and only kept his liquor store going (its all in the same building). New owner just re-opened the "night club" back up 9 days or so ago.

I was sort of a "regular" there back in the late 80s, early 90s. The demographic of that area of the county we...erm..."different" back then.

Early 90s, eh? Might have been there the night I met the woman who has been my wife for almost 30 years now......

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Early 90s, eh? Might have been there the night I met the woman who has been my wife for almost 30 years now......
I didn't hit on her, I swear!

The company I worked for back then was at the top of the hill, next to the little round buildings. A group of us would meet at Jack's for a few drinks after work on occasion, since it was real close by.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

I was sort of a "regular" there back in the late 80s, early 90s. The demographic of that area of the county we...erm..."different" back then.
I didn't know that it reopened.

glhs837

Power with Control
I didn't hit on her, I swear!
If you did it didn't take, so its all good. What funny is that our friends, who were dating, set us up on a blind date......... Those two didn't last, but here we are..... :) They were better matchmakers then they were at finding for themselves. Both of them are still single to this day.

About a year or two ago, took my son, daughter, and her fiance in there to shoot some pool. Just so they could see the place where their parents met. :) Was it two years now?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Last time I was in there was 1995.
Probably about the same for me. I still did a lot of business with the liquor store though..that's where I'd get kegs for my island parties and Paul kept a nice selection of single malt Scotch on hand too.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If you did it didn't take, so its all good. What funny is that our friends, who were dating, set us up on a blind date......... Those two didn't last, but here we are..... :) They were better matchmakers then they were at finding for themselves. Both of them are still single to this day.

About a year or two ago, took my son, daughter, and her fiance in there to shoot some pool. Just so they could see the place where their parents met. :) Was it two years now?
I thought Paul shut it down around COVID time...but I don't recall exactly because I'd stopped going there many years ago.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Probably about the same for me. I still did a lot of business with the liquor store though..that's where I'd get kegs for my island parties and Paul kept a nice selection of single malt Scotch on hand too.
It was a stop for my bachelorette party. Never been back. :lol:

glhs837

Power with Control
I thought Paul shut it down around COVID time...but I don't recall exactly because I'd stopped going there many years ago.

Kids, who dont suffer from the years flowing together like my old ass does tell me it was 2019 or 2020 :)

Last edited:

TPD

the poor dad
Any bets on how long it stays open?
there's hope now for them - this story will be good for business. #1- it brings attention to them being open again. #2- I had a local business owner tell me man years ago, you wanted a chalk outline or blood on the sidewalk in front of your business because it brought people in to gawk and ask questions and buy stuff.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

It's amazing that I never met you before the forums because we travel in a lot of the same circles and hung out at the same places.

PeoplesElbow

there's hope now for them - this story will be good for business. #1- it brings attention to them being open again. #2- I had a local business owner tell me man years ago, you wanted a chalk outline or blood on the sidewalk in front of your business because it brought people in to gawk and ask questions and buy stuff.
Should we start a rumor about a murder at your store?

• Haha
Reactions: TPD