Granite counter tops

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Nickel said:
I think if you went for the grayer one, a lighter color would look really nice. Like a muted green or melon. With the giallo, I like the taupe. What is the center paint color for? I've always been of the opinion that small bathrooms need to be light shades...darker shades make the room look smaller. I'd considered painting my bathroom gray, but settled on a muted lavendar instead, and it really makes the room seem bigger.

The center color was just a lighter shade that I liked and threw in for a light option. There is a window in the bathroom, though with all the trees in our yard, it's not a source of much bright light.

Is there another color you might toss out for consideration? I was thinking (for the giallo) maybe something less gray and more 'yellow'. See the picture below. That Sherwin-Williams site is great for "trying on colors". :yay:

Attachments

• bathroom2-330.jpg
    bathroom2-330.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 93
Ponytail said:
They don't require sealant, but you have to be careful when putting hot items on the top. Corian is NOT heat resistant. That's the primary reason that I went with Granite. I HATE having things in my house that I paid for, and that I have to be careful with.

4 weeks and counting...I'll have a new kitchen. :banana:
This is VERY close to what I'm putting in...

We haven't had any problems with our Corian. :shrug: Of course, I don't go around putting hot pots and pans on my counter, but it's not because the type of countertop I have, it's just the way I'd handle any surface in the kitchen. We also have a Corian sink and I love it.

Ponytail

crabcake said:
That is beautiful! :yay: Is this for your house in SoMd (do you still have that one)? I remember you saying you might be moving some time back.

I was leaning toward the red rose (see sample above), but when I got to the granite showroom yesterday, it was way too pink, so I'm now between the giallo and santa cecillia. I've slapped some paint on the wall that I like and think would work with both (to an extent). Also, due to the awkward size of my existing cabinet, I'm refacing and distress it vs getting a new one. I'd have to relocate my toilet and associated plumbing, as well as replace the ceramic flooring, to put in a 60 inch cabinet. :frown: I ripped out the counter and sink yesterday and repainted the cabinet and new drawer fronts and doors last night. Whatta ya think? The giallo (goldish one) or the santa (white/green/gray)? :tap:

Yea, that picture that I posted is for cabinets and countertops that will be going in my CRE home. I'm now shopping for appliances and I'm finding that I have tastes that FAR exceed the depth of my pockets. :lol:

For yours, I like the rose color granite better. Regardless of which one you pick though, for wall paint, try something with more color. If you want to stick to the grey side of the spectrum, try one with blue or green in it. Both colors will look good against either one of the granites that you picked.

With color, you don't have to match per say. Making your colors oppose each other makes the room more dramatic and gives it that "pop". Look on a color wheel. Colors adjacent to each other don't go too well with each other. But colors OPPOSITE each other actually work to compliment the other. :yay: There's a little more to it than that, but check out this webpage for a little more info...

http://www.sherwin-williams.com/do_it_yourself/paint_colors/paint_colors_education/color_theory.jsp

It's only paint. Paint is the cheapest part of the remodel. If you don't like it, spend another $20, and try again. :yay:

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
Ponytail said:
Yea, that picture that I posted is for cabinets and countertops that will be going in my CRE home. I'm now shopping for appliances and I'm finding that I have tastes that FAR exceed the depth of my pockets. :lol:

For yours, I like the rose color granite better. Regardless of which one you pick though, for wall paint, try something with more color. If you want to stick to the grey side of the spectrum, try one with blue or green in it. Both colors will look good against either one of the granites that you picked.

With color, you don't have to match per say. Making your colors oppose each other makes the room more dramatic and gives it that "pop". Look on a color wheel. Colors adjacent to each other don't go too well with each other. But colors OPPOSITE each other actually work to compliment the other. :yay: There's a little more to it than that, but check out this webpage for a little more info...

http://www.sherwin-williams.com/do_it_yourself/paint_colors/paint_colors_education/color_theory.jsp

It's only paint. Paint is the cheapest part of the remodel. If you don't like it, spend another $20, and try again. :yay:
Now WHY couldn't the Home Ec. techer explain it that way? I flunked H.E. because of that damn color wheel. :burning:

Ponytail

Pete said:
Now WHY couldn't the Home Ec. techer explain it that way? I flunked H.E. because of that damn color wheel. :burning:

I over simplified what I stated, and now looking at it, it's not entirely correct. Just look at the damn site and quit mocking me.

Pete

Repete
Ponytail said:
I over simplified what I stated, and now looking at it, it's not entirely correct. Just look at the damn site and quit mocking me.
I am not mocking you, I DID flunk one semester of Home Ec. because of that damn color wheel. :burning: I also could not name a chair leg from a flash card. Queen Anne.......er ahhhhh..... NO NO It's chippendale.....no, NO! it's....... ahhhhhhh, Oh eff it.

Ponytail

Pete said:
I am not mocking you, I DID flunk one semester of Home Ec. because of that damn color wheel. :burning: I also could not name a chair leg from a flash card. Queen Anne.......er ahhhhh..... NO NO It's chippendale.....no, NO! it's....... ahhhhhhh, Oh eff it.

:lmao: What kind of homo school did you go to?

Only thing we ever did in Home Ec was stuff to help us survive...basic cooking skills, and sewing. We did color wheel stuff in art class. :shrug:

Pete

Repete
Ponytail said:
:lmao: What kind of homo school did you go to?

Only thing we ever did in Home Ec was stuff to help us survive...basic cooking skills, and sewing. We did color wheel stuff in art class. :shrug:
I passed that part. :lol: I only took Home Ec. because that is where the chicks were, I didn't know it would be difficult. :ohwell:

Ponytail

Pete said:
I passed that part. :lol: I only took Home Ec. because that is where the chicks were, I didn't know it would be difficult. :ohwell:

I didn't have a choice. Home Ec was mandatory in 6, 7 and 8th grade for half the year. the other half was Shop (wood, metal)

Pete

Repete
Ponytail said:
Still in denial I see. Even taking TKD to strengthen up those floppy wrists. Quit fighting it. You'll be seeing a rainbow of colors in no time. :yay:
Nope, it is futile. I tried then and I still don't get the color wheel. Oh and I would like you try to pick a furniture style from a flash card picture of a chair leg while Ms. JB (Jello butt) Carrol stares at you with a menacing sneer.

Vince

Ponytail said:
I didn't have a choice. Home Ec was mandatory in 6, 7 and 8th grade for half the year. the other half was Shop (wood, metal)
Loved woodshop, hated that metal shop sh!t. Barely got through that. :lmao: Never took home ec. With all brothers and no sisters, Mom made sure we knew how to cook, wash clothes, sew, etc. Learned how to sew on one of those old Singer sewing machines with the pedal pushing thing. :lmao:

Ponytail

Pete said:
Nope, it is futile. I tried then and I still don't get the color wheel. Oh and I would like you try to pick a furniture style from a flash card picture of a chair leg while Ms. JB (Jello butt) Carrol stares at you with a menacing sneer.

:shrug: :roflmao: See, I guess survival in Maine, is slightly different than what is necessary to survive in Philly. Knowing how to pick out furniture in Philly is only a means to getting your tail kicked, not putting food on the table. :lol:

I'm really starting to understand now why you left.

Pete

Repete
Granite counter tops 09-05-2006 02:50 PM You dummy. The chicks are checking out the dudes in shop, not the ones taking Home Ec.
In my school you didn't want to "check out" the chicks who took shop. :twitch:

We took shop all year for 3 years.

Ponytail

Pete said:
In my school you didn't want to "check out" the chicks who took shop. :twitch:

We took shop all year for 3 years.

Poor girls didn't have a choice in my school. Made it easy to talk to them in shop though. "lemme help ya with that" :yay: I was always the last one to get picked for the cooking teams though. :ohwell:

Ponytail said:
:shrug: :roflmao: See, I guess survival in Maine, is slightly different than what is necessary to survive in Philly. Knowing how to pick out furniture in Philly is only a means to getting your tail kicked, not putting food on the table. :lol:

What part of Philly? :whistle:

Pete

Repete
Ponytail said:

It was in Georgia. Home Ec. wasn't required but we did have a mandatory class called "Family living" taught by the Home Ec. teacher. It was a yawn fest geared towards scaring the crap out of you with regard to unwed teen pregnancy.