Grass Clippings

Auntie Biache'

So ya got nothin'' About what I figured.

I've been riding for more than 45 years now and long ago lost count of the number of friends and acquaintances lost over the years to stupid cager antics and debris in the roadway.

I've lost friends on motorcycles, too. So what? People make their choices, so must live, or die, with the consequences of those choices. I lost 2 friends 2 motorcycles accidents before I was 18. After the second accident I decided that maybe riding a motorcycle wasn't such a good idea, and I sold mine. My choice, but one thing I can tell you is, I will not die on a motorcycle.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I've lost friends on motorcycles, too. So what? People make their choices, so must live, or die, with the consequences of those choices. I lost 2 friends 2 motorcycles accidents before I was 18. After the second accident I decided that maybe riding a motorcycle wasn't such a good idea, and I sold mine. My choice, but one thing I can tell you is, I will not die on a motorcycle.
R.I.P. Stonecold. :bawl:

I remember having to call you that day...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What does any of that have to do with people irresponsibly coating the paved roadway with gravel, dirt, sand or grass clippings?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
How so? It's my understand that some old dude pulled out in front of him and he didn't have time to react.

That's exactly how the last two friends I lost were taken out. I'd have to say that's the number one cause overall...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Well, I'm sure of one thing. When it IS my time to go, I hope I pass like my grandfather did; peacefully in my sleep.

And not screaming in horror like all the passengers in his car.

Auntie Biache'

Well, I'm sure of one thing. When it IS my time to go, I hope I pass like my grandfather did; peacefully in my sleep.

And not screaming in horror like all the passengers in his car.

I hope you do, too. I hope I do. I wouldn't wish a horrible death on anyone. Sadly, people die in accidents every day. Cars, trucks, motorcycles, falling down stairs and out of trees. People get electrocuted. Drown. Pick your poison. No one gets out alive.

Auntie Biache'

I'd vet that source. Especially if it was one of the "friends" he was with. That left him alone.

No, I don't think I need to vet my sources. It doesn't matter. He's gone. His fault, or not, I feel no differently about him. It was all very strange anyway. He shouldn't have died from his injuries, but he did. I think it just goes to show, when your time is up, it doesn't matter. Your time is just up.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Back to the original point, grass clippings on the road, wouldn't that be considered litter? And as such shouldn't the offender be cited for littering?

Md. CRIMINAL LAW Code Ann. § 10-110, defines it as follows, "Litter" means all rubbish, waste matter, refuse, garbage, trash, debris, dead animals, or other discarded materials of every kind and description.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I hope you do, too. .

Auntie Biache'

Back to the original point, grass clippings on the road, wouldn't that be considered litter? And as such shouldn't the offender be cited for littering?

Md. CRIMINAL LAW Code Ann. § 10-110, defines it as follows, "Litter" means all rubbish, waste matter, refuse, garbage, trash, debris, dead animals, or other discarded materials of every kind and description.

Yeah, try and sue when you wreck because of that deer that hasn't been moved out of the road yet, or that big piece of rubber that flew off of a big rig.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Yeah, try and sue when you wreck because of that deer that hasn't been moved out of the road yet, or that big piece of rubber that flew off of a big rig.
I'm not talking about suing, but about law enforcement. Based on the law I cited do you or do you not think it meets the definition of litter?