Grass Clippings

DEEKAYPEE8569

Oh screw off. We're pretty tired of people like you who want to judge our mental state and decide that we are whiny when you lazy cager bastards cannot even look around you before pulling out in front of others or stay off our phones long enough to check the next lane before cutting over. I know you dont do that, but hey you want to judge me and mine by how some assho^% rides his bike, well guesss what, sweetheart, that broad brush paints two damn ways. Plenty of us riders call out asshats on two wheels. And we didnt ask for your opinion about our mental state. My heads just fine, thanks. It's called risk managment, and I do that.
🍿

Bonehead

I had no idea that grass clippings on the road would dump a bike, wet leaves yeah but grass ?? I guess you learn something every day....

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

So I'm rounding a turn on my dresser at 30 mph and suddenly encounter fresh thick greasy grass cuttings covering the road. You're the expert, obviously,,,what do I do next?
Lay her down and go for a slide? Better to have that dresser a bit scratched up than running into a tree, or worse, a guardrail.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Oh screw off. We're pretty tired of people like you who want to judge our mental state and decide that we are whiny when you lazy cager bastards cannot even look around you before pulling out in front of others or stay off our phones long enough to check the next lane before cutting over. I know you dont do that, but hey you want to judge me and mine by how some assho^% rides his bike, well guesss what, sweetheart, that broad brush paints two damn ways. Plenty of us riders call out asshats on two wheels. And we didnt ask for your opinion about our mental state. My heads just fine, thanks. It's called risk managment, and I do that.
I've have often wondered ... How many equipment repair orders are given to motorcycle riders, aka Harley owners, when the original equipment, the quiet mufflers are removed and just pipes put in their place? Being all loud and annoying. If it was a 69 SS Chevelle with headers, straight pipes and some glass packs, or some other V8 car sounding throaty and loud with a modified cam, they'd would be getting them everyday. Just wondering. And, I wonder this as well .... Why is it that motorcycle riders think they can always have their high-beam light on? That is extremely annoying. Every time one is passing in the opposite direction with their high beam on, mainly at night, I blast my super HID's on full to send a message. I've owned several bikes over the years. Used to ride one to work in DC. Ridden 10's of thousands and thousands of miles. And yet, was still respectful enough to turn my high beam off when opposing cars approached or started to approach another car from behind, just like when driving a car. For some reason, bikers of today, feel they are special. Using every excuse to attempt to justify their actions, their arrays of forward shinning lights, their obnoxiously loud exhausts that are constantly tested by quick throttling when slowing down or sitting at a light, rather than taking the necessary steps by riding defensively. Which I found out nearly the hard way, early on in my riding, is an absolute must. I learned to never be careless of any riding time and always assume the car ahead, and all cars, do not see me. Always. And ride accordingly. I thought that Harley's ran fine. But nearly every rider with loud obnoxious exhaust is constantly on/off throttling when coasting to a stop or stopped. What is with that? Just curious.

PeoplesElbow

Damn I would have thought all of the mini liquor bottles, used needles, shreaded tires from tractor trailers, broken glass, discarded dildos etc would be more of a danger.

What do motorcyclists do about fallen leaves, my car slid on fallen leaves in the rain one day.

I belong to a bicycle forum, one of my favorite threads is the pictures of things people find in the road.

PeoplesElbow

Oh screw off. We're pretty tired of people like you who want to judge our mental state and decide that we are whiny when you lazy cager bastards cannot even look around you before pulling out in front of others or stay off our phones long enough to check the next lane before cutting over.
I have the same complaint about you people too weak to pedal, ******* on a harley pulled out in front of me when I was riding my bicycle in on my neighborhood streets. All you bikers are alike obviously if all cagers are alike.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yeah, try and sue when you wreck because of that deer that hasn't been moved out of the road yet, or that big piece of rubber that flew off of a big rig.

There's a bit of a legal difference when something ends up in the road through happenstance vesus someone placing a thing in the roadway themselves.
If I may ...

I've have often wondered ... How many equipment repair orders are given to motorcycle riders, aka Harley owners, when the original equipment, the quiet mufflers are removed and just pipes put in their place? Being all loud and annoying. If it was a 69 SS Chevelle with headers, straight pipes and some glass packs, or some other V8 car sounding throaty and loud with a modified cam, they'd would be getting them everyday. Just wondering. And, I wonder this as well .... Why is it that motorcycle riders think they can always have their high-beam light on? That is extremely annoying. Every time one is passing in the opposite direction with their high beam on, mainly at night, I blast my super HID's on full to send a message. I've owned several bikes over the years. Used to ride one to work in DC. Ridden 10's of thousands and thousands of miles. And yet, was still respectful enough to turn my high beam off when opposing cars approached or started to approach another car from behind, just like when driving a car. For some reason, bikers of today, feel they are special. Using every excuse to attempt to justify their actions, their arrays of forward shinning lights, their obnoxiously loud exhausts that are constantly tested by quick throttling when slowing down or sitting at a light, rather than taking the necessary steps by riding defensively. Which I found out nearly the hard way, early on in my riding, is an absolute must. I learned to never be careless of any riding time and always assume the car ahead, and all cars, do not see me. Always. And ride accordingly. I thought that Harley's ran fine. But nearly every rider with loud obnoxious exhaust is constantly on/off throttling when coasting to a stop or stopped. What is with that? Just curious.

No idea, honestly. My bikes have always had stock quiet exhausts. I know modified motors sometimes have crappy idle, espceially if you remove needed backpressure. Not sure f that's the case here. I also use stock headlights. All motorcycles by law must have the headlights when the ignition is ON. How many run with high beams? No idea, but most bike headlights sit maybe a good foot higher than most automotive lights. I'm not a fan of the "SEE ME?HEAR ME?" crew myself. It's my job to deconflict with cars, mainly because there's no way I'm trusting them with my life. I cant comprehend the mindset that lets you trust other drivers that much, thats how you end up dead right.

glhs837

Power with Control
I have the same complaint about you people too weak to pedal, *** on a harley pulled out in front of me when I was riding my bicycle in on my neighborhood streets. All you bikers are alike obviously if all cagers are alike.

You do realize that was aimed back at the person who had just judged all bikers, right? I even said "the same broad brush paints in both directions". I know not all cagers are alike. Sadly, the bad ones dont glow so I have to treat you all like you are. If I'm wrong, I die, so I assume you will all try to kill me :) If the cager is wrong, he gets a new fender on my insurance.

PeoplesElbow

You do realize that was aimed back at the person who had just judged all bikers, right? I even said "the same broad brush paints in both directions". I know not all cagers are alike. Sadly, the bad ones dont glow so I have to treat you all like you are. If I'm wrong, I die, so I assume you will all try to kill me :) If the cager is wrong, he gets a new fender on my insurance.
Think 800 lb? Harley vs my 30lb Raleigh, he thought he would intimidate me, I took his ass down with me.

glhs837

Power with Control
Damn I would have thought all of the mini liquor bottles, used needles, shreaded tires from tractor trailers, broken glass, discarded dildos etc would be more of a danger.

What do motorcyclists do about fallen leaves, my car slid on fallen leaves in the rain one day.

I belong to a bicycle forum, one of my favorite threads is the pictures of things people find in the road.

Same stuff I do about the four foot bungee right in the corner of 235 and Park Hall. Spot it, and avoid it. LEave myself enough margin that unexpected crap doesnt kill me. The point isnt that bikers cannot deal with it, the point is that people uhave a little consideration towards others and not throw random obstacles into others lives. I've never been hit by a shopping cart left in the middle of a parking lot, doesnt mean people who leave them there without a medical reason are not arseholes

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If I may ...

Beats me...I seldom ever use my high beams.

PeoplesElbow

Back to the original point, grass clippings on the road, wouldn't that be considered litter? And as such shouldn't the offender be cited for littering?

Md. CRIMINAL LAW Code Ann. § 10-110, defines it as follows, "Litter" means all rubbish, waste matter, refuse, garbage, trash, debris, dead animals, or other discarded materials of every kind and description.
I would say unless done up in bags its just natural.

I would say if that means grass clippings then if you run over a squirrel or even a bug you would have to pick it up.

Last edited: