gray horse near cook's in park hall?

bernsm

appyday said:
:killingme Tony probably died when I said I saw a pic of the old guy on the internet and a bunch of us were talking about him and I wanted to help out... :killingme

Yep, wish I could of seen his face. I suspect he's getting lots of calls. The pictures are being circulated all over the county - through the horse/animal lover communities, the colleges, and through the offices of our local, state and U.S. government representatives' offices.

bernsm

appyday said:
Well he needs to be taken better care of...I might get red for this but he would be better off if the old man walked out and shot him...Same with a starving dog..if not taken care of better off dead...Of course I would rather see him be taken care of it is just a damm shame I tell ya...assholts..

I won't throw a "red" cause I don't know what it means but I do know what you're trying to say from the humane perspective and I understand. I also understand that all of us would like to see this horse rescued rather than have to face that kind of "humane" end, possibly long before it's truly necessary. The latest from SMAWL is that we are dealing with a "lack of cooperation" from Animal Control. However, it is not slowing us down. This whole issue has energized the "resuce" side of our organization and we want to see a positive end to his situation.

bernsm

TIGERLILY said:
My Co worker rents a lot from this man. It is the old white house with red trim that sits back off the road just past the develpment that was the old airport just past intersection at Hermanville rd. This man and his family have a notorious history of animals that appear neglected and or are neglected. A few years ago he had goats but I do belive they were taken away. I remember my friend had said one of the goats died and they just covered it with straw on the side of the driveway and let it rot.

Please e-mail me privately and if you can, give me the name of the person that owns this horse. A physical address would be a plus too. The information may be of great help in rescuing this horse. Thank you. bernsm@erols.com

AMP

Jersey attitude.
appyday said:
I'll send days end a link to this thread...who are you going to contact for me??

Hey AppyDay, I will try to contact an old e-acquaintance of mine at Days End as well), to at least give her another voice on this horse (I have been following your posts and the pic you posted was enough to turn my stomach).

All of you are to be applauded on your efforts, even if the poor thing is humanely put down after all. I am definitely NOT a PETA person, but this is just not fair.

A-

Last edited:

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
Nother update:
Drove by again this morning, the poor guy was out in the rain- he was closer to the fence today, and he looks worse up close.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I do not know the exact name or postal address. I could find out, but honestly if so much investigation has gone into this is it not arleady public record as to the location and ownership of this horse. Any one that drives by will notice that the labeled mail boxes are located on the left traveling south just past the second driveway. I am not trying to be sarcastic but has anyone thought of speaking with this family prior to sounding the alarm bells. I know I previously wrote as to what I have seen in the past and I am the first one to say that cruelty or neglect to any animal or person is intolerable. I am only stating that if we are so impassioned to type our thoughts and concerns what do we really think would happen if we just showed up and said sorry but the horse is coming with us.

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
TIGERLILY said:
I do not know the exact name or postal address. I could find out, but honestly if so much investigation has gone into this is it not arleady public record as to the location and ownership of this horse. Any one that drives by will notice that the labeled mail boxes are located on the left traveling south just past the second driveway. I am not trying to be sarcastic but has anyone thought of speaking with this family prior to sounding the alarm bells. I know I previously wrote as to what I have seen in the past and I am the first one to say that cruelty or neglect to any animal or person is intolerable. I am only stating that if we are so impassioned to type our thoughts and concerns what do we really think would happen if we just showed up and said sorry but the horse is coming with us.
You try that and let us know what happens. :yay:
Not all of us have the means to go pick up a horse, (while trespassing.)

bernsm

I wanted to let everyone know that as I type this, there is a vet on the premises examining the horse. The vet, Dr. Guyther, is there at the request of Animal Control. If Animal Control decides to impound this horse, we (St. Mary's Animal Welfare League) have a temporary place for him to go. We will however be looking for a permanent home. A few of you have expressed an interest in adopting this horse. Please e-mail me privately if you are still interested - bernsm@erols.com.

Great to hear- now if THAT doesn't work, you can try to utilize this link with info too-
http://www.defhr.org/acnumbers.htm

I did not think that animal control could or would assist like this- that's fantastic! Hopefully the old gent will get in and get some feed in him.....and then be a pasture ornament/buddy where he will be attended to and part of someone's family.

bernsm

GREAT NEWS!!! Based on the vets report, Animal Control has asked and received permission of the owner to take control of the horse. SMAWL is making arrangements to have this horse transported either today or tomorrow to his temporary home.

I want to thank everyone who made phone calls, forwarded e-mails and otherwise provided support for this horse. Your actions gave SMAWL the necessary muscle to "push back" and help this horse get rescued.

Thank you!!!

Tomcat

Anytime
Tomcat said:
Go back and re-read the entire thread, especially around page 3 :confused:
Whoever gave me red "Copy and paste it for them next time!" thanks, next time sign it, coward. I figured if the person asking the question really cared about it, they should have read the entire thread in the first place. While I'm on my soapbox, Appy, I mean no disrespect, but your friend from Canada should have read the entire thread also. Saying they would spit on RoseRed for her "ugly" comment. That comment was made, in jest to the first post, before anyone mentioned anything about the condition of the horse. My $.02 worth, I'm done TYVM

bernsm

jaybeeztoo said:
:getdown: Great job everybody!!! I would like to directly donate to the temporary owner. How can I do that?

I'm not sure legally who this horse will belong to but to make this whole rescue easier for the Animal Control and the County, SMAWL volunteered to take on the expenses and hopefully have the horse signed over to us. As far as donations, anything would be appreciated. We are a non-profit organization. Our mailing address is SMAWL, PO Box 364, Mechanicsville, MD 20659. Please be sure to note that the donation is specifically for the Park Hall horse.

I will keep everyone posted on his well-being. Thank you again.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Tomcat said:
While I'm on my soapbox, Appy, I mean no disrespect, but your friend from Canada should have read the entire thread also. Saying they would spit on RoseRed for her "ugly" comment. That comment was made, in jest to the first post, before anyone mentioned anything about the condition of the horse.

I must have missed this. She also must have missed this post #80:

RoseRed said:
I saw him out there today, poor thing is so boney.

:shrug:

Tomcat

Anytime
bernsm said:
GREAT NEWS!!! Based on the vets report, Animal Control has asked and received permission of the owner to take control of the horse.
Thank you!!!
:yay: :yay: Good work, please keep us informed of his progress.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
appyday said:
RR yes you made that comment befor knowing the condition of the horse..I did not see it as bad either..just hey he looks lonely mabie he is ugly...anyway lets see what happens...

Thanks Appy :huggy: