Green Energy / Climate Issues - Failures - Lies and Falsehoods

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Don't be fooled, 'Green Energy' is neither green nor energy

It is because "green" solar and wind are just so cost-effective and so "green"?

BIDEN'S 'CLEAN AND GREEN' PUSH WILL RESULT IN BLACKOUTS AND BANKRUPTCY FOR AMERICA

No. Solar and wind have not proven to be cost-effective at all, and in many ways, they are the least "green" form of energy.

"Green energy" isn’t really energy

Calling solar and wind "green energy" makes them seem like other forms of energy, just "green." But they’re not. All other forms of energy provide reliable energy—real energy—whereas solar and wind are unreliable parasites of reliable energy.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“To support the region’s transition to renewable energy and increase energy efficiency, working with Congress and subject to the availability of funds, USAID intends to provide $20 million in funding to companies with financial and technical assistance and business development services through the Caribbean Climate Investment Program,” according to USAID.

The initiative will also form the Blue-Green Investment Corporation, which will work with Barbados, the Green Climate Fund, and private sector entities to form a “green bank.” The purpose of the bank will be to “finance projects such as climate resilient housing, renewable energy, clean transportation, and water conservation firstly in Barbados, and later expanding to other Caribbean countries.”

An additional $1.5 million will be committed to the Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre, an informational and policy advisory group located in Belize.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The leading culprit is House Bill 4739, which will subject Michigan families and businesses to “a carbon-free energy portfolio of 100%” by 2035, with some minor exclusions. To put it lightly, this would devastate the Michigan economy and provide no environmental benefits.

Let’s first look at the economics.

Michigan gets about 63% of its energy from conventional sources like coal and natural gas (33.4% and 29.4%, respectively). 26% comes from nuclear, while wind and solar provide only around 8%.

This means that two-thirds of Michigan’s most affordable electricity will need to be replaced by more expensive and less reliable renewables.

In other words, higher prices and lower reliability for Michigan residential consumers and businesses.

While the pro-renewable community tries to handwave these problems away, there is enough real-world evidence that shows how harmful a forced transition to renewables actually is—especially to manufacturing-heavy economies.

Take Germany, for instance, where the political class is forcing a transition from conventional fuels to less dense energy sources such as wind and solar. Because of that, industry in the country faces a 40% increase in energy prices.

Many will blame this increase on Russian President Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine, but that’s not the real story.

As an initial matter, the residential retail price for electricity in Germany was already triple that of the U.S. average in 2021. Germany’s reliance on Russia was a result of its push towards renewables (and its shift away from nuclear energy), which left it unable to generate the power it needed to fuel its modern industrial economy. It relied instead on Russian hydrocarbons, and that is what created the vulnerability.

And it’s being felt by German businesses.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Ahh, summertime in SoCal, and with green recycling, here come the rats, roaches, flies and maggots

By Monica Showalter

Green recycling isn't quite saving the earth the way they said it would.

So here in San Diego, where we are under a state mandate to recycle our green garbage -- food scraps, food-soiled paper, and yard clippings -- fresh new environmental problems are abounding.

According to local T.V. station KFMB:

SAN DIEGO — Months after the City of San Diego implemented its new organic waste recycling program, some San Diegans say they’re now dealing with unintended consequences.
People say they’re seeing an explosion of gnats, flies, maggots and other bugs and insects inside their bins.
“Lots of flies doesn’t smell too good," said one San Diegan.
"As soon as I open it up there’s like 4 thousand fruit flies that came up into my face. I think it’s perfect for like yard waste, like leaves, tree trimmings, and things like that, but I don’t know if it’s a good solution for compost especially with the hot weather coming up it's going to get worse," said San Diegan, Nick Adams.
Some people said they’re concerned the waste could attract rodents and other animals.
“We understand it's something that people have to get used to and put into practice," said Director of Environmental Services Department, Renee Robertson.

Did I hear that right? Did she just say we need to get used to having rats and roaches around the old middle-America ranch house now going for a million dollars on the market, with property taxes indexed to it?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Fallout Continues from NYC Eco-Tyrants’ War on Wood Fired Pizza

A real scientist also points out that the end result of these new rules will mean even more carbon is emitted.

Physicist Dr. Will Happer, emeritus of Princeton University and the chair of the CO2 Coalition, told the New York Post that restrictions on wood or coal-fired pizza ovens may increase the carbon footprint of pizza in New York City.
“To the extent that the wood-fired ovens are replaced by electrically heated ovens, which I suppose is what is intended, CO2 emissions will probably increase,” Happer said.
“Even for New York City, most of the electrical power probably comes from burning gas or coal. For a gas-fired pizza oven, all the heat of combustion is used to bake the pizza. For an electrically heated oven, you have to convert electrical power back to heat.”
“It is hard to see how emissions could decrease if people want to continue eating the same amount of pizza,” he added.

Meanwhile, unhappy New Yorkers are expressing their anger at being the victims of another eco-tyrannical dictate…in the form of a very special pizza delivery to its mayor.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden Brags About Killing Coal Plants As Grid Operators Warn Of Rolling Blackouts

Biden bragged that his economic and energy policies have disincentivized any future development of coal-fired power plants while touting the merits of green energy technology his administration’s policies favor, according to video of his speech. His remarks come about one month after a May 2023 grid assessment report from the North American Electric Reliability Corporation, which warned that the power grids serving most of New England and a large majority of Americans who live west of the Mississippi River face “elevated risk” of rolling blackouts this summer if weather conditions are hotter than normal.

“You know, it’s already cheaper. Wind and solar are already significantly cheaper than coal and oil. You’re not going to see anybody building a new coal-fired plant in America, not just because I’d like to pass a law to say that. It’s too expensive. It doesn’t work anymore,” Biden said during his speech. “Solar power is not just here, but around the world. And we used to be the center of building these solar panels. We’re coming back and doing it again. America is going to lead again.”

“Working with our global partners, America’s investments in clean energy technology are going to reduce carbon emissions, continue to lower the cost of wind,” Biden said.

The Biden administration has allocated hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars towards green energy initiatives and subsidies, while aggressively regulating fossil fuel infrastructure.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Nebraska solar farm crippled by hail, underscoring power source's fragility

The so-called Community Solar Project – a 4.4 megawatt solar field comprised of 14,000 solar panels and located in Scottsbluff, Nebraska – is not currently operating and will remain offline until repairs are completed, the Nebraska Public Power District (NPPD) confirmed to Fox News Digital. NPPD, the state-owned public utility, and energy firm GenPro Energy Solutions developed the project in 2020.

"The solar complex was destroyed by hail," Scottsbluff City Manager Kevin Spencer said in an interview. "They're assessing the damage, but it certainly looks destroyed to me."

"I don't think we're ready to give up on solar power," Spencer added. "It was our understanding that these solar panels were at least hail resistant. This hail was extreme, you know, the size and probably the speed of it. So, I don't know that we would give up on it just yet."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Suck it up, Assies.

You voted for that ####.

European Energy Costs have skyrocketed as well ... all now powered by AMERICAN NatGas

I wonder who really nuked the Nord Stream Pipe Line, Does Creepy Uncle Joe have any family members in American Energy Companies

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
European Energy Costs have skyrocketed as well ... all now powered by AMERICAN NatGas

I wonder who really nuked the Nord Stream Pipe Line, Does Creepy Uncle Joe have any family members in American Energy Companies
:yay:

Probably Oil too.

Anytime you cut a supply of something the price goes up.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Get Used to Living With ‘Blackouts’ to Save the Planet

Shoving everything into an unreliable power grid, especially personal transportation, isn’t a bug, it’s a feature. That’s the whole point of electric cars, and the proliferation of always online vehicles that require a power grid and can be remotely shut down. All of this is Cloward-Piven for energy. Failure isn’t just inevitable, it’s the goal.

As the blackouts grow, they will tell you, as I predicted, to shut up and take it for the good of the planet.

A few weeks ago I was at the home of a gentleman who had moved here from South Africa, and he was telling me about how his family had gotten used to blackouts as the normal order of business. Given leftists a chance and we’ll have to “get used to them too”. We’ll know not to bother cooking around 5 PM (don’t bother about gas stoves, they’re being banned as we speak) and not to drive at certain times or go out of the house. Cities will grow dark and criminals will rampage even more lawlessly than usual. Enjoy utopia.

And know, that while Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, Pierre Omidyar and other great environmental philanthropists are on their mega-yachts and mansions, you’re sacrificing for the planet.

What’s more important: Keeping the lights on 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, or solving the climate crisis?

First, it’ll be 23 hours a day of power and then 22. The media will compare it to living during the Blitz. We’ll be told to learn to live with it like masks and no bags in supermarkets.

It’s part of a larger conversation about how much blackout risk we consider acceptable in modern society — and whether our expectations should evolve in the name of preventing climate catastrophe.
Again and again, I’ve found myself asking: Would it be easier and less expensive to limit climate change — and its deadly combination of worsening heat, fire and drought and flood — if we were willing to live with the occasional blackout?
Could we get started ditching gas sooner — and save some money — by accepting a few more blackouts for the next few years?
Does that mean we should be willing to accept even a few more hours of blackouts, if it means burning less gas?
After reporting on clean energy for most of the last decade, I’ve increasingly come to the conclusion that solving climate change will require sacrifices — even if only small ones — for the sake of the greater good. Those might include lifestyle changes such as driving less or eating less meat. They might also include accepting that large-scale solar farms will destroy some wildlife habitat, and that rooftop solar panels — despite their higher costs — have an important role to play in cleaning up the grid.
Maybe learning to live with more power outages shouldn’t be one of those sacrifices.
But at the same time, we might not have a choice.

We might not have a choice because the anti-technology luddite left doesn’t intend to give us a choice. They’re forcing us into an unreliable and unworkable ‘clean energy’ grid that they’re now admitting will go down on a regular basis. And from stoves to cars, they’re forcing us to live our entire lives around that grid.

It’s a water empire meant to reduce us to feudalism.

The idea of accepting a less dependable electric grid “is uncomfortable for a lot of people, because they correctly point out you may end up in situations where the wealthier you are, the more you’re able to buy your way out of that reliability problem,” Grubert said. Think rooftop solar panels paired with a battery in the garage, or a backup diesel generator.
That’s why it’s crucial, Grubert said, for government to be ready to protect society’s most vulnerable when it’s hot and the power goes out. That could include investing in a wider network of cooling centers, with transportation to help people get there.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
It's radical thoughts like this that are dangerous!

“I don’t believe there is a climate crisis,” Clauser explained. “The world we live in today is filled with misinformation. It is up to each of you to serve as judges, distinguishing truth from falsehood based on accurate observations of phenomena.”

:jameo: THE WORLD IS ENDING! WE'RE ALL DOOMED!!! :jameo:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Well how about that. And Dominion Cove Point LNG just finalized the the sale of LNG plant assets to Berkshire Hathaway who now takes complete control of the LNG facility for a mere $3.3 Billion. Having now a 75% limited partnership stake in Cove Point LNG along with a subsidiary of Brookfield Infrastructure Partners holds the remaining 25%.

They must have had a crystal ball or something. Or .... inside govement/military information. Naw, that could never happen.