Grillin, take II...

Order of preference, pick your top three...

• Burgers

Votes: 56 65.9%
  • Dogs

Votes: 29 34.1%
  • Chicken

Votes: 46 54.1%
  • Steak

Votes: 74 87.1%
  • Fish

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • Other

Votes: 17 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That will...

RoseRed said:
You forgot vegies.

...be just about enough of that, damn you!

'Steak' can not be left out, you're right there. It is a choice in and of itself.

'Veggies' and 'pineapple' and pickles and pasta and dirty socks and anything else you can come up with goes under 'other'.

:lmao:

Vince

RoseRed said:
You forgot vegies.
Oh yeah, some grilled peppers, a few tomatoes, mushrooms, put those babies on one of those long sticks and cook em up. :yum: Can't think of all the veggies I put on for schiskabob. I forgot a bunch.

Vince

RoseRed said:
and onions, squash, eggplant, mushrooms, tomatoes... :drool:
How could I forget the onions. :doh: I love grillin. Just put a new burner on mine yesterday.

Last edited:

MMDad

Lem Putt
You forgot Bratwurst. If you say that they are covered under hot dogs, turn in your man card now. You no longer are one. If you say it belongs under "other" with the veggies, report for castration today. Why have them if you aren't using them?

Dork

Highlander's MPD
BS Gal said:
Hey. There's no artichokes listed in this poll. They're good on the grill.

Hey, why not post a few recipes or favorite seasonings for these hamburgers, steaks, veggies, etc. Something easy for us men to understand. I like to break out the skewers and start cutting up the chicken and veggies of choice. I'll marinate the meat and sprinkle salt and pepper on veggies.

The shrimp and pineapple skewers are always a big hit too.

I think I'll pass on the artichokes though.

Oh, I almost forgot. GAS or CHARCOAL?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
One easy way to grill veggies...

I use a foil bag...cut up a bunch of stuff..yellow squash, zucchini, asparagus, tomatoes, red/green peppers, onions..whatever..pour Newman's light balsamic salad dressing over the veggies and close up the bag. (You can also make a tent-like bag out of foil.) I grill them on the top shelf of the grill or using indirect heat. Just grill until tender.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dork said:
Oh, I almost forgot. GAS or CHARCOAL?
If I'm cooking - gas. If someone else is dealing with it - charcoal. :lol:

MMDad, I simmered my brats in apple juice for 3 hours, then popped them on the grill for a few minutes. They were gone in 60 seconds.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
RoseRed said:
You forgot vegies.
That's sacrilege..

I've never had a veggie touch the surface of my grill.. :barf:

Grills are for carnivores.. meat eaters.. Put the veggies in your girly salad spinner and spritz the with some sald dressing..

How can you age and season a grill with VEGGIES!??

itsbob

I bowl overhand
MMDad said:
You forgot Bratwurst. If you say that they are covered under hot dogs, turn in your man card now. You no longer are one. If you say it belongs under "other" with the veggies, report for castration today. Why have them if you aren't using them?
IF you use real Brats, and not the crap johnsonville tries to pass off as brats..

I make curry wurst out of the Usingers Brats from Woodburns, or the commisary if they ever carry them again..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
vraiblonde said:
If I'm cooking - everyone gets gas. :lol:

MMDad, I simmered my brats in apple juice for 3 hours, then popped them on the grill for a few minutes. They were gone in 60 seconds.

:fixed:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
itsbob said:
That's sacrilege..
Are you high???

Corn on the cob was meant to be grilled. If you boil your corn, you are a girlie man and all around bad person who can't be trusted. :eyebrow:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
vraiblonde said:
Are you high???

Corn on the cob was meant to be grilled. If you boil your corn, you are a girlie man and all around bad person who can't be trusted. :eyebrow:
COrn on the cob isn't a vegetable.. it's not a vegetable unless you take it off the cob.. and just to make sure, a 1.2 stick of of butter per ear puts it in the meat eater category for sure..