Grillin, take II...

Order of preference, pick your top three...

• Burgers

Votes: 56 65.9%
  • Dogs

Votes: 29 34.1%
  • Chicken

Votes: 46 54.1%
  • Steak

Votes: 74 87.1%
  • Fish

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • Other

Votes: 17 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

Ken King said:
Okay, at this time the votes are 41 burgers, 20 dogs, 36 chicken, 57 steak, 9 fish and 10 others for a total of 173 votes. So burgers would be 23.70%, dogs would be 11.56%, chicken would be 20.81%, steak would be 32.95%, fish would be 5.20%, and other would be 5.78%. Notice that the total of those percentages is 100%. Even with that I don’t know how they were selected as to ranking.

...with 66 voters, if each person voted 3 times, you should be able to divide the % by 3 and come up with the % ranking vs. one another, thus, not everyone voted three times.

Thus the need for more code! :lmao:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Larry Gude said:
...with 66 voters, if each person voted 3 times, you should be able to divide the % by 3 and come up with the % ranking vs. one another, thus, not everyone voted three times.

But to get a ranking you would have to know which one they voted for first.. second and third.. Steak my lead in the number of votes, but what if everyone that voted for it, voted for it in 3rd place.. something else (hotdogs?) would have come in first in the rankings..

SamSpade

Larry Gude said:

Nah, I think Ken nailed it right - normalize the results by dividing votes cast by the total. Because you don't know if given three votes if they actually cast "Steak" first, then "Burgers". If they were like me, they just clicked until their top three were satisfied. There wasn't any "order" specified.

Yes, Vrai this is what guys do. Ever been to a baseball game with a bunch of guys - sober ones?

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
SamSpade said:
Yes, Vrai this is what guys do. Ever been to a baseball game with a bunch of guys - sober ones?

I have sat next to guys who actually have scorebooks with them. They record every score and can tell you any statistic you would want to know. :geek:

I'm a sports fan, but when I go to a ballgame, I'm letting loose. I can catch up on the stats part on espn.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
But still...

itsbob said:
But to get a ranking you would have to know which one they voted for first.. second and third.. Steak my lead in the number of votes, but what if everyone that voted for it, voted for it in 3rd place.. something else (hotdogs?) would have come in first in the rankings..

...with what we have, flawed as it is, we know steak is the most popular overall, meaning if you have steak for the big party, it is the best bet to make the most people at least fairly happy with the choice. Even if steak was EVERYONE'S #3 choice and hot dogs got more #1's but less overall, steak is the leader.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Where did Ken...

SamSpade said:
Nah, I think Ken nailed it right - normalize the results by dividing votes cast by the total. Because you don't know if given three votes if they actually cast "Steak" first, then "Burgers". If they were like me, they just clicked until their top three were satisfied. There wasn't any "order" specified.

...get anything right? I want proof.

:lmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Plus...

SamSpade said:

...as I pointed out, there is already a skew to it, not everyone voted 3 times.

Vince

Larry Gude said:
...Mesquite lime marinade and a Havana Garlic lime.

Whaddya think? For chicken. :larry:
Which one? :confused: I'd go with the garlic everytime, but then that's me. You know Italians love garlic.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Larry Gude said:
...Mesquite lime marinade and a Havana Garlic lime.

Whaddya think? For chicken. :larry:

I used the Havana Garlic Lime on chicken wings I made for a picnic on Saturday and everybody loved them! :yay:

MoochCat

Mooch Cat
Great thread going here..
Lot of tasty ways to grill...
But no one does ribs on the grill?

I do a marinade that is awesome;;

Living in the tropics, all out meat came in frozen stiff on the cargo ships.
So best way to thaw out was to make up this marinade and let defrost,and soak for 24 hours..cook on the grill and as I said..YUM!!

Beer,soy sauce, vinegar, oil, crushed garlic, sliced onions, water, and sake (rice wine).

Mix in a clean 5 gallon bucket...put in as many ribs as you can..make sure ribs are covered by marinade...let soak for 24 hours,
Cover bucket with tin foil..set out for 12 hours and them place in fridge.

Heat up grill, toss the ribs on and YUM!!! so tender, meat falls off the ribs!!

Skim off oinions and garlic, bottle and keep in fridge for later use.

Also grill lamb racks...

Vince

Set ribs in a shallow pan, cover with teriyaki, cover that in garlic powder and set in frig about 8 hours. Throw them on the grill and voila....:yum:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Thank you...

jazz lady said:
I used the Havana Garlic Lime on chicken wings I made for a picnic on Saturday and everybody loved them! :yay:

...I thought it was clear enough I was seeking an opinion!