Gun Control Laws And Opposition

HemiHauler

I'm not sure I'd consider a fundamental right a privilege.
A “fundamental right” which can be withheld from certain people isn’t a right. Rights can’t be taken away. Privileges can. Ergo, this nation decided a long time ago that legally possessing a firearm is in fact a privilege, despite language in the 2nd A.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
A “fundamental right” which can be withheld from certain people isn’t a right. Rights can’t be taken away. Privileges can. Ergo, this nation decided a long time ago that legally possessing a firearm is in fact a privilege, despite language in the 2nd A.
I still consider it a fundamental right, despite all the illegal restrictions that violate the 2A.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

NM Gov. Grisham 2024 Gun Control Package Is Insane​

20 Attorney Generals Argued 5.56 Ammo Should Be Limited To Military Use​

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden Uses DOJ Report on Uvalde Police Failures to Push More Gun Control

So what does Biden do?

Blame the guns. His statement, sent via email, is all about gun control and boasting about his moves to restrict our Second Amendment:

After the Uvalde shooting, the families of the victims turned their pain into purpose and pushed for the passage of the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act, the most significant gun safety legislation in nearly 30 years, which I signed into law. And I continue to take historic executive action, including the establishment of the first-ever White House Office of Gun Violence Prevention.
Congress must now pass commonsense gun safety laws to ensure that mass shootings like this one don’t happen in the first place. We need universal background checks, we need a national red flag law, and we must ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. The families of Uvalde – and all American communities — deserve nothing less.
The longer we wait to take action, the more communities like Uvalde will continue to suffer due to this epidemic of gun violence.

That last part of Biden’s statement makes me sick.

This goes beyond the police response. The murderer left a long trail filled with warning signs. No one did a dang thing about that (emphasis mine):

Just days before the attack, Ramos spoke out on social media of his plans to do something that would “put him all over the news.” He wrote of a desire to kill himself, shared online videos of beheadings and violent sex, and sent footage of himself driving around with “someone he met on the internet” holding a plastic bag containing a dead cat and pointing BB guns at people out the window.
“The attacker became focused on achieving notoriety,” according the interim report released Sunday by an investigative panel of the Texas House of Representatives. “He believed his TikTok and YouTube channels would be successful. The small number of views he received led him to tell those with whom he interacted that he was ‘famous,’ that they were mere ‘randoms’ by comparison.”