Hair Color Remover

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I have colored jet black hair. I liked it with my hair long and it's flattering to my olive skin but I got about 8 inches cut off my hair and am hating it all together. I'm thinking lightening it up some may make it more tolerable. Has anyone used and had success with a color remover?

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I have colored jet black hair. I liked it with my hair long and it's flattering to my olive skin but I got about 8 inches cut off my hair and am hating it all together. I'm thinking lightening it up some may make it more tolerable. Has anyone used and had success with a color remover?

hmmmm, good luck.
How does it work? Does it strip your hair? does it contain ammonia or peroxide?

slotted

Just shave it off before you keep putting all this junk in it. :lmao:

morningbell

hmmmmmm
No ammonia, peroxide or bleach. It's supposed to shrink the color molecules that attach to your hair so that they wash right out.

Extra Strength Hair Color Remover | Color Oops | Beauty & Spa | Walgreens

a review from the link above:

It doesn't get any easier than mixing the contents of bottle 1 into bottle 2. You don't even have to shake it. Just 'tip it over' a few times.

My boyfriend went into the bathroom after I used color oops and he said it smelled like "bad eggs," or, something comparably putrid.

A few weeks ago I colored my hair ashy blonde. But because my ends were so light from being highlighted (and from sun exposure), they really absorbed the dye and just became a tint of dark grayish-green. The rest of my hair took the color well, but when I then tried to highlight on top of that, the highlights turned a white-ish yellow!

I just wanted to start over!

Color oops will take the dye out. However- and this is on the box- it WON'T take you to your original color if you have EVER lightened your hair.

If your hair is in good condition then this product won't do any harm.

The box also says that you can re-color the same day but I advise against this. All hair color kits recommend that you wash your hair no sooner than the day before you are going to color your hair and especially after removing color you'll want to let your hair's natural oils build up to protect it a little.

redneck_woman

Starting Over
a review from the link above:

A few weeks ago I colored my hair ashy blonde. But because my ends were so light from being highlighted (and from sun exposure), they really absorbed the dye and just became a tint of dark grayish-green. The rest of my hair took the color well, but when I then tried to highlight on top of that, the highlights turned a white-ish yellow!

When you applied the hair color did you apply it to all your hair at once?

redneck_woman

Starting Over

I have used it before on other people, the smell is not that great and it does work. If your hair is in good condition, you should be ok, esp. if you just got a haircut you should have nothing to worry about. My suggestion is to do a strand test first, see what the results are from that and then do the remaining hair if you are satisified with the results of the strand test.

lovinmaryland

I think it looks really cute. I love it :love:

redneck_woman

Starting Over
I've been coloring it black since last October. Now I do the roots and just pull it through to freshen the rest up.

I was asking morningbell if she applies it to her entire head at once. But you are correct, new growth first, process, pull it through to rest BUT THE ENDS. Apply to the ends the last 5 mins of the processing time. The ends of hair are the most porous and will grab the color to quick. You will get the base color instead of the actual color.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I was asking morningbell if she applies it to her entire head at once. But you are correct, new growth first, process, pull it through to rest BUT THE ENDS. Apply to the ends the last 5 mins of the processing time. The ends of hair are the most porous and will grab the color to quick. You will get the base color instead of the actual color.

I assumed you had misquoted since her post was an testimonial off another website and not her own personal experience.

redneck_woman

Starting Over
I assumed you had misquoted since her post was an testimonial off another website and not her own personal experience.

I replied with a response to what you asked and I wanted to know when she applied the hair color if she applied it to her entire head. If so that is why her ends ended up the way they did. The ends are the last part of the hair that you apply color to. Even when doing highlights.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I replied with a response to what you asked and I wanted to know when she applied the hair color if she applied it to her entire head. If so that is why her ends ended up the way they did. The ends are the last part of the hair that you apply color to. Even when doing highlights.

She applied no color to her hair. She followed the link that I posted to the product and she copied and pasted a testimonial. She didn't write that, she copied it from another website.