Hair Color Remover

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
I bought some Redken color stuff a while back. It comes in a purple tube and the contents feel/look like conditioner. Good stuff! It's costs about $12 in salons.

I tried the Matrix shampoo for color treated hair and the color still faded badly. It is Manic Panic color so the more you wash the color, the more it fades :ohwell:

morningbell

hmmmmmm
All this girly stuff is far too confusing :confused: for me.

I know the more you dye it the weaker your hair becomes. When I did dye my hair I purchased the Redken hair color shampoo, it was horrible. It dried out my normally healthy hair. The first time I went back to the Aubrey shampoo and conditioner my hair was lovin it. I think I'll go back to my natural color (not too far off from what it is now) and wait ti dye when I start to see grays.

Good luck to those who are dyeing!

C

CalvertNewbie

I have colored jet black hair. I liked it with my hair long and it's flattering to my olive skin but I got about 8 inches cut off my hair and am hating it all together. I'm thinking lightening it up some may make it more tolerable. Has anyone used and had success with a color remover?

I don't know of anyone who has used a color remover, sorry I can't help. I only highlight my hair, nothing too drastic. You're more brave than me. I'd be going to a professional for help, afraid of burning my hair off. :lmao:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I have colored jet black hair. I liked it with my hair long and it's flattering to my olive skin but I got about 8 inches cut off my hair and am hating it all together. I'm thinking lightening it up some may make it more tolerable. Has anyone used and had success with a color remover?
Why do you hate it? Aren't you looking kind of "Posh Beckham"? Leave it alone for another week and see if you still hate it.

SoMDGirl42

According to someone that attended Blades for a year, color will not lighten color. Meaning, if you've colored your hair black, you can't put a lighter color on it to get a true color. It may lighten your hair, but you'll end up with something funky, other than what you were aiming for. You have to strip the color first. And here you were trying to convince me to color my hair black :killingme

By the way, I thought your hair looked cute.

Aprstarr

Don't Do It!!!

I am a professional hair stylist, and everything I'm reading on this thread scares me for you!! Removing color/Color Correction is serious stuff especially when lifting black hair color. Number 1) no color is harder to get out than black #2 your hair is long and this will damage your hair #3 you will end up with an ugly red/orange color and if the corect color isn't put on after that your hair will be soo stripped it will not hold color to correct that red/orange. And I don't know you but I'm going to assume that you want to keep your hair on your head and not in your pocket! See a professional...this is serious!

SoMDGirl42

I am a professional hair stylist, and everything I'm reading on this thread scares me for you!! Removing color/Color Correction is serious stuff especially when lifting black hair color. Number 1) no color is harder to get out than black #2 your hair is long and this will damage your hair #3 you will end up with an ugly red/orange color and if the corect color isn't put on after that your hair will be soo stripped it will not hold color to correct that red/orange. And I don't know you but I'm going to assume that you want to keep your hair on your head and not in your pocket! See a professional...this is serious!

Her hair isn't long, I don't even think it touches her shoulders. I did tell her that color won't lift color correctly already. :evil:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Did you ladies look at the link I posted? I'm not talking about bleaching my hair to lift the color but the stuff that's supposed to shrink the color molecules in order for the color to wash out.

SoMDGirl42, I'm not talking about coloring my hair either. I KNOW that no color is going to lift this black. It won't bleach out fast enough not to damage it either.

I'm calling my hair girl! :tantrum

SoMDGirl42

I'm calling my hair girl! :tantrum

good idea. I don't want you to be bald next time I see you, especially with an 8 tattoed on the back of your head. Slotted and Mojo would spend the evening throwing you up in the air just to see what your predictions would be :killingme

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
good idea. I don't want you to be bald next time I see you, especially with an 8 tattoed on the back of your head. Slotted and Mojo would spend the evening throwing you up in the air just to see what your predictions would be :killingme

I was actually rather cute close to bald and platnium. BUT I'm not 18 anymore either!