Hair Color Remover

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I've said that exact same thing like 3 times. :lmao:

so back to your hair....

I too have olive complexion and was thinking about going darker this fall. I had my first real dye job this summer and I loved how that turned out. I'm a natural brunette with golden and copper. I may try the temp kind first.

I went through the same dilemma as you when you were deciding to cut, BF wants me to grow it out and I just love the smartness and look of a shorter more modern cut. UGH! The things we do for love :whip:

So what color are you thinking about now?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
so back to your hair....

I too have olive complexion and was thinking about going darker this fall. I had my first real dye job this summer and I loved how that turned out. I'm a natural brunette with golden and copper. I may try the temp kind first.

I went through the same dilemma as you when you were deciding to cut, BF wants me to grow it out and I just love the smartness and look of a shorter more modern cut. UGH! The things we do for love :whip:

So what color are you thinking about now?

I assume that under all of this is my natural color which I've not seen more than the roots of for 15 years now. I guess I'll start with the clean slate and see. The last time it was untouched it was REALLY dark brown but a ashey/mousey color not warm at all.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I have colored jet black hair. I liked it with my hair long and it's flattering to my olive skin but I got about 8 inches cut off my hair and am hating it all together. I'm thinking lightening it up some may make it more tolerable. Has anyone used and had success with a color remover?

Can't give you any color remover tips, but I've always been of the opinion that your hair looks much better lighter. I've never been a fan of your Goth look. Now go bleach your hair back to blonde or red, or red ,white and blue, anything but that black crap.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Can't give you any color remover tips, but I've always been of the opinion that your hair looks much better lighter. I've never been a fan of your Goth look. Now go bleach your hair back to blonde or red, or red ,white and blue, anything but that black crap.

You use to like it when I did the bright red, blonde and black hightlights. I liked it dark long but I'm not sure about short. I liked it a lot when I lived with you though. Pulled out a picture for reference from that time because it's about that length; maybe an inch shorter but doesn't look like it did at all.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
You could always get the Quick White powder from Sally's along with a 30 developer. Leave it on until you pull the color out. Then you can apply the color you want it to be.

Severa

Common sense ain't common
I assume that under all of this is my natural color which I've not seen more than the roots of for 15 years now. I guess I'll start with the clean slate and see. The last time it was untouched it was REALLY dark brown but a ashey/mousey color not warm at all.

If you've been using permanent color (like me cause I've been coloring my hair about the same amount of time) it's likely that the hair color removal won't take you to your original color. It'll most likely take it to a lighter shade. For example, my hair is naturally a dark brown and I color it a copper red (the pic in my avatar is of me, took it about a month or so ago). Hair color remover the last time I used it turned it a really bright almost strawberry blond. I then recolored it with a different color and went on my merry way.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
That would cause a considerable amount of damage.

No more than using the color corrector.

If she uses a deep conditioner after all is done, her hair would be okay. There is also something I have found that works really well, since I have been bleaching my hair, is use conditioner only for 4 days, then shampoo it on the 5th day. Repeat the conditioner only ect.

lovinmaryland

If she uses a deep conditioner after all is done, her hair would be okay. There is also something I have found that works really well, since I have been bleaching my hair, is use conditioner only for 4 days, then shampoo it on the 5th day. Repeat the conditioner only ect.

Wouldnt that be kinda greasy? I have thin hair and I am pretty sure Pixie does also... I think that might not work :shrug:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Wouldnt that be kinda greasy? I have thin hair and I am pretty sure Pixie does also... I think that might not work :shrug:

I have thin hair as well but you use your regular conditioner and just rinse it out as normal. It turns out to be okay. I even use Redken Glass or another shine serum to boost the three colors I have in it right now.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

It sounds like you're "masking" the damaged hair. If you have to go through all that just to have soft, flowing hair, it can't be too healthy.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
It sounds like you're "masking" the damaged hair. If you have to go through all that just to have soft, flowing hair, it can't be too healthy.

I'm not masking it. The shine serum is just to keep the fly aways at bay. Most of the time I have my hair pulled up anyway because of where I work :shrug:

Plus if I shampoo daily, the bright magenta color I have in fades too quickly and I have to reapply it within a few days.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Plus if I shampoo daily, the bright magenta color I have in fades too quickly and I have to reapply it within a few days.
I bought some Redken color stuff a while back. It comes in a purple tube and the contents feel/look like conditioner. Good stuff! It's costs about $12 in salons.