Hair Treatments -- Anti-Curl/Thermal straightening

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I have straight, long, thin, flat hair, that doesn't hold a curl and has layers.

Like picture 1

I want my hair to look like the other pictures (big curls at the bottom)

Ca I get a perm that will do this or will it end up looking like a sprial perm?

That's the work of a big curling iron. :yay:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
That's the work of a big curling iron. :yay:

I know, but with me it doesn't matter if I use a curling iron, velcro rollers, steam rollers within 20 mins it flat again.

I love the look it gives me but I can't get it to stay, so I am wondering could I get a perm to give the permanent look..

redneck_woman

Starting Over
I know, but with me it doesn't matter if I use a curling iron, velcro rollers, steam rollers within 20 mins it flat again.

I love the look it gives me but I can't get it to stay, so I am wondering could I get a perm to give the permanent look..

A perm will not give you the look that is in those pictures.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Sula

Just out of curiosity, what if any has been your experience adding some curl back in on occasion via either a curling iron or velcro/heat rollers?

Sula

WDF. So worth the wait.
Just out of curiosity, what if any has been your experience adding some curl back in on occasion via either a curling iron or velcro/heat rollers?
I use a curling iron on mine occassionally and it takes the curl fine. I do have to use hair spray when I curl it though. Its the only time I use hair spray.

Sula

WDF. So worth the wait.
I'll see if I can find some "before" pics of my hair. It was MUCH curlier than any of the pics in your link. Just had it straightened again today and love it.

mystuff

I am so glad I found this thread. I have a co-worker who gets her hair straightened but just recently switched to someone new. She made the appt with the new person and I made an appointment for two days after hers. She went to this appt and came back with straight hair but the whole front (in the bang area) was burned like she held her head over a lit burner on a stove. Meanwhile she is getting married in Sept!! So guess who cancelled their appt?! I have extremely curly shoulder length hair and needless to say I'm scared to death now to go anywhere so any positive advice/pictures is great!

crabcake

I am so glad I found this thread. I have a co-worker who gets her hair straightened but just recently switched to someone new. She made the appt with the new person and I made an appointment for two days after hers. She went to this appt and came back with straight hair but the whole front (in the bang area) was burned like she held her head over a lit burner on a stove. Meanwhile she is getting married in Sept!! So guess who cancelled their appt?! I have extremely curly shoulder length hair and needless to say I'm scared to death now to go anywhere so any positive advice/pictures is great!

Every stylist I talked to said that after you have this done, they trim a bit off your hair all around. Her bangs were probably too short to trim without looking goofy so she declined to have that part done. :shrug:

crabcake

I'll see if I can find some "before" pics of my hair. It was MUCH curlier than any of the pics in your link. Just had it straightened again today and love it.

I'm super-psyched about my appointment tomorrow and to see the results. The stylist warned me that since I can't wash it for two-three days, that the immediate result might not be as "pretty" until it's time to wash it, but once that "incubation" period passes and I wash it, I'm going to love it. :starcat:

Pandora

I'm super-psyched about my appointment tomorrow and to see the results. The stylist warned me that since I can't wash it for two-three days, that the immediate result might not be as "pretty" until it's time to wash it, but once that "incubation" period passes and I wash it, I'm going to love it. :starcat:

I hope you get all you want out of it. Too bad you and sanchezf cannot swap hair since she wants curl and you don't. :lmao:

crabcake

I hope you get all you want out of it. Too bad you and sanchezf cannot swap hair since she wants curl and you don't. :lmao:

If my kind of "curl" were a decent kind worth giving, I'd probably want to keep it. It's more a slight wave that results in frizz than a "curl". :eek:hwel:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
If my kind of "curl" were a decent kind worth giving, I'd probably want to keep it. It's more a slight wave that results in frizz than a "curl". :eek:hwel:

FYI - girl's stepmom had it done a while ago. She has wavy hair; not super curly like mine. Hers will still get frizzy and curly in humidity. Anyhow, just something to keep in mind.