Hair Treatments -- Anti-Curl/Thermal straightening

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
FYI - girl's stepmom had it done a while ago. She has wavy hair; not super curly like mine. Hers will still get frizzy and curly in humidity. Anyhow, just something to keep in mind.

I had my hair cut last night and was talking to my stylist about this..just out of curiousity. She said it "can" work well but it works better on thicker hair (people with a good amount of hair). She said that people with thinner/wavy hair aren't as happy with the results.

Sula

WDF. So worth the wait.
I'm super-psyched about my appointment tomorrow and to see the results. The stylist warned me that since I can't wash it for two-three days, that the immediate result might not be as "pretty" until it's time to wash it, but once that "incubation" period passes and I wash it, I'm going to love it. :starcat:
Until you wash it, it is kinda flat. As soon as I shampoo and blow dry for the first time, all of the body is back and I love it. Good luck with your appointment.

What system are they using?

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Until you wash it, it is kinda flat. As soon as I shampoo and blow dry for the first time, all of the body is back and I love it. Good luck with your appointment.

What system are they using?

I'm home from the salon all hair-did and stuff. :diva: Right now, it basically looks like I just had it blown out and flat-ironed, but it's a bit thicker/weighted down than normal because of the heavy serum on the last step. My stylist said that if I'm going to take "after" pictures, to wait until after I wash it on Monday to get a true "after" picture, so I'll do that.

He used the Chi system on my hair. :yay:

Sula

WDF. So worth the wait.
I'm home from the salon all hair-did and stuff. :diva: Right now, it basically looks like I just had it blown out and flat-ironed, but it's a bit thicker/weighted down than normal because of the heavy serum on the last step. My stylist said that if I'm going to take "after" pictures, to wait until after I wash it on Monday to get a true "after" picture, so I'll do that.

He used the Chi system on my hair. :yay:
Very cool! You will freak out the first time you wash it. I kept waiting for my curl to appear and it never did. I walked around with damp hair thinking "omg it's straight!" Where did you get it done?

crabcake

Very cool! You will freak out the first time you wash it. I kept waiting for my curl to appear and it never did. I walked around with damp hair thinking "omg it's straight!" Where did you get it done?

It's not local to SOMD; it's a salon here where I live (Raleigh, NC). :yay: I'm excited about Monday; never wanted a weekend to go by fast before. :lol:

crabcake

I had my hair cut last night and was talking to my stylist about this..just out of curiousity. She said it "can" work well but it works better on thicker hair (people with a good amount of hair). She said that people with thinner/wavy hair aren't as happy with the results.

It probably depends on the person. It's probably just not as "drastic" a change for someone with just wavy hair as opposed to someone with super-tight, kinky-curly hair.

crabcake

Don't have time this morning to snap off pictures, but after finally being able to wash it, I'm so glad I had this done. I could feel such a difference even when shampooing it this morning. All I did was dry it (going to work today), and gave it a quick touch on the ends with a flat iron to flip it under a bit, and voila! Hair is straight and silky. :diva:

Worth every penny! :yay: :yay:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Don't have time this morning to snap off pictures, but after finally being able to wash it, I'm so glad I had this done. I could feel such a difference even when shampooing it this morning. All I did was dry it (going to work today), and gave it a quick touch on the ends with a flat iron to flip it under a bit, and voila! Hair is straight and silky. :diva:

Worth every penny! :yay: :yay:
Very cool! I can't wait to see pictures!! I may need to get this done if it is as good as you say. :lol:

crabcake

I'll take pictures after I go in for my trim tomorrow afternoon. The ends are just a little dry (partly from the process and partly because it's time for me to have a trim), but we didn't have time when I had it done, and I was more than ready to get out of his chair after 4 hours. I had several compliments on it today. :yay: :diva:
Very cool! I can't wait to see pictures!! I may need to get this done if it is as good as you say. :lol: