Hair up there

JULZ

BFJ
Up until last year I had what I consider very nice hair, full and curly and didn't have to spend much time on it all.

Last year I decided to cut it all off to just above my shoulders. Since then it hasn't been the same. It's dry and the curl is gone...just wavy and I hate the way it looks...it's just well there. It seems the more I work on it the ickier it is.

Is it age, is it because of the cut last year, is it the coloring?

sockgirl77

Up until last year I had what I consider very nice hair, full and curly and didn't have to spend much time on it all.

Last year I decided to cut it all off to just above my shoulders. Since then it hasn't been the same. It's dry and the curl is gone...just wavy and I hate the way it looks...it's just well there. It seems the more I work on it the ickier it is.

Go somewhere and get the color brightened a shade. Ask your stylist to put a few ounces of gloss in the color. :yay:

JULZ

BFJ
I have never been charged extra for it. Redken makes it. I think they may call it clear. It adds shine and really makes a huge difference.

How long does the added shine last or is it just a one-time, just out of the salon chair look.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
It's a shine boost and I'm pretty sure that Redken isn't the only one that makes it. I am almost positive that I've seen it elsewhere.

Are you talking about the little bottle of Redken Glass?

You can add a bit of conditioner to haircolor to soften the texture.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member

There is a product line by Frederick Fekkai called Technician (something or another) and it is for treated, dry and damaged hair. The difference with Fekkai products is that you use such a minimal amout and get great results. You use the Technician line for shampooing and conditioning and then the Glossing products to style. The products are fantastic and last forever. The only place you can get them is at B&BW or online. :yay:

W

Wenchy

Did you cut it short because it no longer looked good?

Close to menopause age?

Both are horrible for the hair.

Menopause is hell for hair.

Smoke and 41...I think I'm a few years away from the big M unless I get hit early...who knows?

Peri-menopause can last for 10+years. Your hormones go whacko, and the hair on your head is no longer what it was, and all of the sudden, you have hair on your face. If you smoke, then the wrinkles are there, the pimples, the raging hormones and BAD HAIR.

I feel your pain. :huggy:

Eat well and take your vitamins.

lovinmaryland

There is a product line by Frederick Fekkai called Technician (something or another) and it is for treated, dry and damaged hair. The difference with Fekkai products is that you use such a minimal amout and get great results. You use the Technician line for shampooing and conditioning and then the Glossing products to style. The products are fantastic and last forever. The only place you can get them is at B&BW or online. :yay:

:high5: