Handgun background checks...

Shaolin_Raptor

there was no "prior to 8th day release" unless you mean prior to the 7 day waiting period. At worst there was a short period where FFls were coerced into not releaseing on time for a couple weeks. But my comment was about current purchases. If you go buy something now and you choose a place that doesn't release on time, it is your own fault.

Yes, 7 days to wait, pick up on 8th. 8th day release. Prior to MSP saying that it was legal, it was a loophole that very very few FFL's were willing to use. I waited a month before I got my weapons on the 8th day release waiver. If you purchased a weapon after the 8th day release waiver and you still don't get it after 8 days it is your own fault. All others are exempt.

Midnightrider

Yes, 7 days to wait, pick up on 8th. 8th day release. Prior to MSP saying that it was legal, it was a loophole that very very few FFL's were willing to use. I waited a month before I got my weapons on the 8th day release waiver. If you purchased a weapon after the 8th day release waiver and you still don't get it after 8 days it is your own fault. All others are exempt.

It wasnt a loophole, it was the law. No advisory from the MSP changed the law, it only reinforced the correct reading of the law. I have bought many regulated firearms prior to June and got them on the 8th day.

Midnightrider

My AR was May 6. The advisory came out in June.

Which means you choose to let the dealer hold your weapon. You could have canceled the purchase or asked that it be transferred to an 8th day dealer.
Don't take it so personally. As I said before, I stopped using my preferred FFL because he held my wife's purchase longer than he should have. We chose to leave it there and wait because be was the only one that had that gun and he assured us it would be released as soon as possible. Waiting more than 8 days was our own fault in that instance. The dealer had no legal reason to hold the gun and actually released it prior to getting the ND back. But because of their policy I went back to a tried and true 8th day dealer for my other purchases.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Which means you choose to let the dealer hold your weapon. You could have canceled the purchase or asked that it be transferred to an 8th day dealer.
Don't take it so personally. As I said before, I stopped using my preferred FFL because he held my wife's purchase longer than he should have. We chose to leave it there and wait because be was the only one that had that gun and he assured us it would be released as soon as possible. Waiting more than 8 days was our own fault in that instance. The dealer had no legal reason to hold the gun and actually released it prior to getting the ND back. But because of their policy I went back to a tried and true 8th day dealer for my other purchases.

I could not cancel, I bought online, had the gun shipped to my FFL, then the fun began. The FFL receive the AR on 4 May. I filled the papers out on 6 May. There was no changing things after-the-fact.

You need to stop assuming you have everything figured out. Instead of taking your typical condescending tone, you should give honest folks the benefit of the doubt. The buyer is not the problem here.

Shaolin_Raptor

I could not cancel, I bought online, had the gun shipped to my FFL, then the fun began. The FFL receive the AR on 4 May. I filled the papers out on 6 May. There was no changing things after-the-fact.

You need to stop assuming you have everything figured out. Instead of taking your typical condescending tone, you should give honest folks the benefit of the doubt. The buyer is not the problem here.

Give up, that guy is a dip####.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
. No advisory from the MSP changed the law, it only reinforced the correct reading of the law.

It sure as heck did! Especially at the end of the advisory where the MSP said this:

“The Maryland State Police thanks all Maryland firearms dealers for their continued patience and continues to encourage all sellers, lessors and transferors to wait until the Maryland State Police completes its investigation, conducts all checks, and approves the sale, lease or transfer of the regulated firearm before releasing or transferring the firearm.”

But who cares what they say.....amirite?

Midnightrider

I didn't take any condescending tone, you immediately took offense because you felt slighted. I didn't make you wait for your gun and I didn't keep you in the dark as to when you would receive it. Did you ask when it would be released prior to arranging the transfer? Did you ask when you filed out the paperwork? Did you ask to have it transferred to an 8th day shop after you found out it wouldn't be released on the 8th day?

It's a simple case of buyer beware. Who else is there to blame?

Midnightrider

Wrong by who's standards? The penis? I don't count that as wrong, penis. Facts are facts and you continuously ignore them. Fact.

you mean the facts that you made up? :killingme

its the law, not a loophole.

why are you so infatuated with men's genitalia?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
its the law, not a loophole.

When MSP issues guidance like this....

“The Maryland State Police thanks all Maryland firearms dealers for their continued patience and continues to encourage all sellers, lessors and transferors to wait until the Maryland State Police completes its investigation, conducts all checks, and approves the sale, lease or transfer of the regulated firearm before releasing or transferring the firearm.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I didn't take any condescending tone, you immediately took offense because you felt slighted. I didn't make you wait for your gun and I didn't keep you in the dark as to when you would receive it. Did you ask when it would be released prior to arranging the transfer? Did you ask when you filed out the paperwork? Did you ask to have it transferred to an 8th day shop after you found out it wouldn't be released on the 8th day?

It's a simple case of buyer beware. Who else is there to blame?

When you run around this forum telling folks they have reading comprehension problems (which is your default retort for just about anything), are uneducated, and claiming things are their fault when you have no clue about anyone in this forum, that is quite condescending. I’m not the least offended by anything you post because it’s what most of us have come to expect from you; low-end dialog that tends more towards personal besmirchment than subject-related. I’m not answering anymore of your ridiculous questions because it should be blatantly obvious to you by now what those answers are. You already know more than I should have told you anyway.

Midnightrider

When you run around this forum telling folks they have reading comprehension problems (which is your default retort for just about anything), are uneducated, and claiming things are their fault when you have no clue about anyone in this forum, that is quite condescending. I’m not the least offended by anything you post because it’s what most of us have come to expect from you; low-end dialog that tends more towards personal besmirchment than subject-related. I’m not answering anymore of your ridiculous questions because it should be blatantly obvious to you by now what those answers are. You already know more than I should have told you anyway.

:projectmuch:

There is nothing low end about my dialog, you and raptor are the ones throwing around names and making personal attacks.

If you don't want to talk about it, don't. :shrug:
But here is one last ridiculous question. Who's fault is it that the FFL you chose made you wait for over 100 days to take possession of your own property?

Last edited: