Handgun background checks...

itsbob

I bowl overhand
OMMFG! So after a few phone calls to my FFL and MSP trying to figure out why they never received my approval fax I FINALLY get an answer...I received the email in error. My background check was approved BUT I supposedly have a common name and my application has been sent to further review. Are you ####ing kidding me? Jesus ####ing Christ. UnMother####ing#Believable! My name is FAR from common! WTF???

:tantrum :tantrum :tantrum

It's pretty common.. I knew a Larry.. kind of famous actually, owned a Chevy Dealership in Indiana..

Heard a rumor he was some kind of athlete too..

But damn he was fugly..

sockgirl77

It's pretty common.. I knew a Larry.. kind of famous actually, owned a Chevy Dealership in Indiana..

Heard a rumor he was some kind of athlete too..

But damn he was fugly..

My name is NOT common. I know A LOT of people that have been getting guns during this messed up crap. I'm the only person that I know that has been fed this line of crap. Three of my friends that have gotten guns in the past few weeks are Michael, James, and Robert. All three have fairly common last names as well. Oh and let's not forget about BOB!

Midnightrider

OMMFG! So after a few phone calls to my FFL and MSP trying to figure out why they never received my approval fax I FINALLY get an answer...I received the email in error. My background check was approved BUT I supposedly have a common name and my application has been sent to further review. Are you ####ing kidding me? Jesus ####ing Christ. UnMother####ing#Believable! My name is FAR from common! WTF???

:tantrum :tantrum :tantrum

as i understand it you were not approved if you went to further investigation.

In any case, the uniformed officer review process is only running 3-6 weeks longer than the more "instant" 7(70) day wait :killingme

sockgirl77

as i understand it you were not approved if you went to further investigation.

In any case, the uniformed officer review process is only running 3-6 weeks longer than the more "instant" 7(70) day wait :killingme

From what the chick (Ms. Brock) said, I was "not disapproved" based on passing the background check but my "common" name has sent my application for further review. Of course this is coming from the same chick that said that a voicemail was left for me yesterday explaining this which is a crock of shiat.

NextJen

Raisin cane
From what the chick (Ms. Brock) said, I was "not disapproved" based on passing the background check but my "common" name has sent my application for further review. Of course this is coming from the same chick that said that a voicemail was left for me yesterday explaining this which is a crock of shiat.

Maybe they saw post #104 and decided to do a little more checking. :biggrin:

bohman

My name is NOT common. I know A LOT of people that have been getting guns during this messed up crap. I'm the only person that I know that has been fed this line of crap. Three of my friends that have gotten guns in the past few weeks are Michael, James, and Robert. All three have fairly common last names as well. Oh and let's not forget about BOB!

Go check some of the threads on MDShooters, sadly you are NOT the only one being fed this line of crap. They're doing it to a lot of people, and yes, it's crap.

Oh, and I'm up to day 37 here. :howdy: Plenty of time left for me sit and stew, and wonder if they'll throw me into that wonderful "further review" pile.

sockgirl77

Go check some of the threads on MDShooters, sadly you are NOT the only one being fed this line of crap. They're doing it to a lot of people, and yes, it's crap.

Oh, and I'm up to day 37 here. :howdy: Plenty of time left for me sit and stew, and wonder if they'll throw me into that wonderful "further review" pile.

I have. I'm on day 69.

Inkd

Call her back and ask if there was a NICS number given for the background.

I'm not an FFL so I may be wrong. But, from what I remember, if you get a "Not Disapproved", that should be the end of it.

I'll email my FFL dealer and ask for sure but I don't believe you can be not disapproved and still held on for further investigation?

ZARA

Call her back and ask if there was a NICS number given for the background.

I'm not an FFL so I may be wrong. But, from what I remember, if you get a "Not Disapproved", that should be the end of it.

I'll email my FFL dealer and ask for sure but I don't believe you can be not disapproved and still held on for further investigation?

I think Inkd is correct. But MD is a strange state so we could be wrong...

I can't county. I was on Day 70. I'm now on day 73. :ohwell:

That's beyond obnoxious. If the government is going to presume that it has the right to prevent people from acquiring a firearm, in the name of public safety, until it has a chance to individually approve them to do so, then it has a duty to provide or deny that approval in a timely manner. It has a moral duty, it has a 'because-I-don't-want-to-rightfully-be-considered-an-#######-by-reasonable-members-of-society' duty, and it should have an unavoidable and unequivocal legal duty.

Two and a half months? That is in no way timely. Piss or get off the pot. If Maryland can't do the checks quickly enough such that the primary effect of doing them remains the supposed benefit to public safety, rather than the inconveniencing of would-be gun owners (the latter being the primary effect at this point), then it should give up the exercise until it can do them within a reasonable amount of time. Let the federal government do the instant checks that it is set up to do. It's disgusting, and everyone involved in the process should be ashamed of themselves - 'I'm just doing my job' doesn't absolve them. At this point that job they are doing has become (if it wasn't to begin with, as a matter of principle) an embodiment of government oppression. If the government wants to insist it has the right to do this kind of stuff, then it must at least set-up a system to do it properly and not be completely incompetent at it. The government's incompetence in this regard should be to the detriment of the government, not the individuals who are the helpless victims of that incompetence.

You ask permission from the government to buy something you want or need, as the government insists you must do - that's offensive enough. But then rather than giving you or denying you that permission fairly quickly - as it could if it really wanted to and as any decent tyrant would, it makes you wait 70 plus days before doing you the favor of telling you whether you have permission to buy something that you should have every right to buy (without permission). Seventy days without what you want or need. Our government is an #######, I think that's the best - the most succinct - way to put it.

Let's have some T-Shirts made. "Our government is an #######."

sockgirl77

On the forehead?

I'm game if everyone else is.

No... wait... who the hell am I kidding?

Please get this, only on your forehead...

Attachments

• shroom.jpg
    shroom.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 71

nutz

That's beyond obnoxious. If the government is going to presume that it has the right to prevent people from acquiring a firearm, in the name of public safety, until it has a chance to individually approve them to do so, then it has a duty to provide or deny that approval in a timely manner. It has a moral duty, it has a 'because-I-don't-want-to-rightfully-be-considered-an-#######-by-reasonable-members-of-society' duty, and it should have an unavoidable and unequivocal legal duty.

Two and a half months? That is in no way timely. Piss or get off the pot. If Maryland can't do the checks quickly enough such that the primary effect of doing them remains the supposed benefit to public safety, rather than the inconveniencing of would-be gun owners (the latter being the primary effect at this point), then it should give up the exercise until it can do them within a reasonable amount of time. Let the federal government do the instant checks that it is set up to do. It's disgusting, and everyone involved in the process should be ashamed of themselves - 'I'm just doing my job' doesn't absolve them. At this point that job they are doing has become (if it wasn't to begin with, as a matter of principle) an embodiment of government oppression. If the government wants to insist it has the right to do this kind of stuff, then it must at least set-up a system to do it properly and not be completely incompetent at it. The government's incompetence in this regard should be to the detriment of the government, not the individuals who are the helpless victims of that incompetence.

You ask permission from the government to buy something you want or need, as the government insists you must do - that's offensive enough. But then rather than giving you or denying you that permission fairly quickly - as it could if it really wanted to and as any decent tyrant would, it makes you wait 70 plus days before doing you the favor of telling you whether you have permission to buy something that you should have every right to buy (without permission). Seventy days without what you want or need. Our government is an #######, I think that's the best - the most succinct - way to put it.

Let's have some T-Shirts made. "Our government is an #######."

That's a huge part of what maryland shall issue (marylandshallissue.org), the second amendment foundation (Second Amendment Foundation Online) and the NRA (NRA) have been looking at. There is reasonable room for doubt that while litigation is under way, Md.'s rulers are in a hurry to do anything. Delay, delay, delay until everyone tires of hearing about it.

smilin

BOXER NATION
I just received a read receipt from Senator Mike Miller of my April 4th email asking him to reconsider voting for Senate Bill 281.
Apparently delays are tolerable very high up in our 'Free' State' hierarchy too.

:killingme

BTW: No reply - just a receipt.

Week 5 and holding. In case you think owning a gun previously makes a difference - it doesn't.
:coffee:

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

I just received a read receipt from Senator Mike Miller of my April 4th email asking him to reconsider voting for Senate Bill 281.
Apparently delays are tolerable very high up in our 'Free' State' hierarchy too.

:killingme

BTW: No reply - just a receipt.

Week 5 and holding. In case you think owning a gun previously makes a difference - it doesn't.
:coffee:

You actually got anything from him? :killingme

He must have hated my e-mail.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Went to Big Dog Outfitters in King George yesterday to buy my step son an S&W M&P 15-22. Luckly it was cash carry gun. Most in the store said they felt sorry for us law abiding Marylanders with our Bull$1t laws and extended wait checks. Thier background check is 15 minutes in store...

I said they should open a store in MD- they said hell no!!

sockgirl77

Went to Big Dog Outfitters in King George yesterday to buy my step son an S&W M&P 15-22. Luckly it was cash carry gun. Most in the store said they felt sorry for us law abiding Marylanders with our Bull$1t laws and extended wait checks. Thier background check is 15 minutes in store...

I said they should open a store in MD- they said hell no!!

That's where I bought my gun. They were great. They were also the only place around that had it in stock. The guy told me that I needed a hug for being brave enough to deal with the MD process right now. :lol: