Handgun background checks...

sockgirl77

How did you find out? Also, what did you get?

They emailed me. I emailed them yesterday inquiring about my application. I've talked to quite a few people that have been getting their 3/10 and 3/11s back. FFL told me yesterday that my day was coming in so it should be today. Then, I get the MSP email.

Oh and I got the Sig Sauer Mosquito (.22), in pink. The bf calls it my pea shooter. I call it "say that again and I'll shut you the #### up". :smile:

Attachments

• pinky.jpg
    pinky.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 87

sockgirl77

Well, didja get it?

No and I'm pissed. I talked to the FFL and they said that they got faxes off and on all day but mine was not included. But, they are on the same day. I'll be nice and wait until this afternoon to call. I did reply to the MSP email asking them to verify that the fax was sent yesterday if it was or to verify that it will be faxed today if it was not.

Midnightrider

No and I'm pissed. I talked to the FFL and they said that they got faxes off and on all day but mine was not included. But, they are on the same day. I'll be nice and wait until this afternoon to call. I did reply to the MSP email asking them to verify that the fax was sent yesterday if it was or to verify that it will be faxed today if it was not.

like i said, the MSP told me mine would be faxed back on may 3 and still nothing. At least i have had my gun since early march so it doesn't really bother me, i am just wanting to know when my 30 day wait started.

DEEKAYPEE8569

If Maryland Ever Made It Easier

.....to get a CCW; I know, different topic for a different tred; can you imagine how long it would take to get one of those? Not to mention the cost.

Chris0nllyn

Hopefully the courts rule that MSP taking their sweet time isn't right, and forces them to expedite applications.....

Shaolin_Raptor

I assume that the wait time goes up by at least a day every day. 2013 and we are all waiting on faxes. I'm going to go check my electronic mail and see if dot matrix has finished printing my document. Can you believe how much data a floppy holds?

Think about how frustrating these delays may end up being for some unfortunate people that haven't yet begun the process to buy a handgun. As the law was passed, there is no exception to the handgun qualification license requirement for people that begin the process before the law takes effect. If the time to process applications remains as it is now, someone that tries to buy a handgun in late July may not get their approval (i.e. their not not approved) until after October 1. In that case, they wouldn't be allowed to "receive" their handgun without a handgun qualification license. If they didn't already own a regulated firearm, and weren't otherwise exempt from the training requirements, they'd then have to go through the required training before they could get their handgun. Even if they did already own a regulated firearm, they'd have to get the license (and, e.g., submit fingerprints) before they could get their handgun - they just wouldn't have to do the training.

So, because the MSP can't get the applications processed in anything approaching a timely manner, those people wouldn't be able to get their handguns without the hassle of the license even though they tried to buy them well before the new license requirement was supposed to go into effect. Imagine being in that situation and it coming down to the last few days of September and you're still hoping and praying the MSP finally gets your paperwork sent back to the FFL.

Chris0nllyn

Think about how frustrating these delays may end up being for some unfortunate people that haven't yet begun the process to buy a handgun. As the law was passed, there is no exception to the handgun qualification license requirement for people that begin the process before the law takes effect. If the time to process applications remains as it is now, someone that tries to buy a handgun in late July may not get their approval (i.e. their not not approved) until after October 1. In that case, they wouldn't be allowed to "receive" their handgun without a handgun qualification license. If they didn't already own a regulated firearm, and weren't otherwise exempt from the training requirements, they'd then have to go through the required training before they could get their handgun. Even if they did already own a regulated firearm, they'd have to get the license (and, e.g., submit fingerprints) before they could get their handgun - they just wouldn't have to do the training.

So, because the MSP can't get the applications processed in anything approaching a timely manner, those people wouldn't be able to get their handguns without the hassle of the license even though they tried to buy them well before the new license requirement was supposed to go into effect. Imagine being in that situation and it coming down to the last few days of September and you're still hoping and praying the MSP finally gets your paperwork sent back to the FFL.

Let's not forget that MSP hasn't even come up with a "training program", for citizens to get this license.

There will be a dead time between 10/1, and whenever the hell they come up with these programs.

sockgirl77

OMMFG! So after a few phone calls to my FFL and MSP trying to figure out why they never received my approval fax I FINALLY get an answer...I received the email in error. My background check was approved BUT I supposedly have a common name and my application has been sent to further review. Are you ####ing kidding me? Jesus ####ing Christ. UnMother####ing#Believable! My name is FAR from common! WTF???

:tantrum :tantrum :tantrum