Hanesworth going to the Redskins?

angelbaby

Well I was :cussing: Dan Snyder this morning. I am only happy we got Hall back again. All that money to one guy? He will probably get hurt the first game. I hate when we do stuff like this. It makes us look stupid when the outcome is always the same. They end up hurt or not doing shiat for the team!

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Well I was :cussing: Dan Snyder this morning. I am only happy we got Hall back again. All that money to one guy? He will probably get hurt the first game. I hate when we do stuff like this. It makes us look stupid when the outcome is always the same. They end up hurt or not doing shiat for the team!

You do know not ALL our FA picks ups have been "bums" right, there have just been a few EVERYONE dwells on....

BuddyLee

Football addict
As for the team's interest in offensive lineman Derrick Dockery, he is not scheduled to visit Redskins Park as of now, according to a source, although he remains in play as a possible target and dialogue between the sides is expected to continue.

Dallas free agent defensive end Chris Canty, who had agreed at around 2 a.m. to visit Redskins Park, will not be coming here, and has other visits scheduled. He does not appear to be in Washington's plans now.

JLC

angelbaby

You do know not ALL our FA picks ups have been "bums" right, there have just been a few EVERYONE dwells on....

Yeah whatever. It doesnt matter anyway. We will take the brunt of every joke from here on out. There's no way to justify spending that much money on a player who isnt a QB!

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Yeah whatever. It doesnt matter anyway. We will take the brunt of every joke from here on out. There's no way to justify spending that much money on a player who isnt a QB!

There are only 2 QB's in the league right now I would EVER give that kind of money to! And I don't EVER see them leaving Indy or New England!

You need to stop looking at the 100 mil, its 41mil over 7 years, that's only 5. whatever a year on average, but they'll break it up so it may be 3 mil this year, 7 the next, that's not that bad in todays NFL for "big name" players.

As far as the jokes, they happen to EVERY team, not just the Skins, the 100 mil comes basically as bonuses/incentives.... Which, unless I am wrong, does not count towards our cap.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

OK, but, there is a theme;

Bruce Smith
Dion Sanders
Mark Carrier
Jason Taylor
Brandon Lloyd
Archuletta

...of big names that seemed very much more about splash than anything 'value' (cheap vets who can still contribute) or young guys who were paid like can't miss hot shots never mind the resume.

Then there is;

Washington
Fletcher
Randy Thomas
Moss
Griffin
Carter
Kendall
Portis

...that were either not outrageously expensive or at least contributed greatly over time.

I mean, I still can't get over Chad Johnson. They were gonna give two #1's and Cinncy said 'no'. It's not good when you start relying on other teams to keep you from hurting yourself.

Plus we cut Pierce and Clark, two solid starters.

Even if Hayesworth, Canty and Hall work out, plus bringing back Doc, assuming the plan is to get 'em all, what do we have?

THE Washington Redskins?

Or

A mercenary team?

To me, you still build from the draft and undrafted FA's and are very frugal with the vet FA market. I mean, you wanna be a team like the Pats where a key guy like Moss, wants to come and not break the bank in the process. This move has continued the image of DC as a place guys come to get paid, not necessarily win.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
They were counted out as soon as we signed Haynesworth.

I can understand that, but at the same point, depending on what today brings as far as cuts in all, I wouldn't count it out...

You know the FO is up there right now trying to figure out how to get more, that's just how they are....

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Even if Hayesworth, Canty and Hall work out, plus bringing back Doc, assuming the plan is to get 'em all, what do we have?

THE Washington Redskins?

Or

A mercenary team?

To me, you still build from the draft and undrafted FA's and are very frugal with the vet FA market. I mean, you wanna be a team like the Pats where a key guy like Moss, wants to come and not break the bank in the process. This move has continued the image of DC as a place guys come to get paid, not necessarily win.

But this is the way of DC in general (atmospehere wise), a bunch of overpaid people that don't really do much good :shrug:

:lol:

Canty is out no question. They stopped offers at 6 a.m.

Dockery has a small chance.

What did cutting Springs cost/save us?

angelbaby

OK, but, there is a theme;

Bruce Smith
Dion Sanders
Mark Carrier
Jason Taylor
Brandon Lloyd
Archuletta

...of big names that seemed very much more about splash than anything 'value' (cheap vets who can still contribute) or young guys who were paid like can't miss hot shots never mind the resume.

Then there is;

Washington
Fletcher
Randy Thomas
Moss
Griffin
Carter
Kendall
Portis

...that were either not outrageously expensive or at least contributed greatly over time.

I mean, I still can't get over Chad Johnson. They were gonna give two #1's and Cinncy said 'no'. It's not good when you start relying on other teams to keep you from hurting yourself.

Plus we cut Pierce and Clark, two solid starters.

THE Washington Redskins?

Or

A mercenary team?

Thanks Larry. That's exactly what I was talking about. I'm hoping for once we will be wrong.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
[/B]

Thanks Larry. That's exactly what I was talking about. I'm hoping for once we will be wrong.

There is anecdotal evidence that Tampa was willing to pay more to Albert and he chose us anyway. The word is there was more money out there for Hall as well. At this point in their careers there is two things; Money and a ring. They didn't, it seems, go after all the money they could get.

:fingerscrossed:

:buddies:

angelbaby

There is anecdotal evidence that Tampa was willing to pay more to Albert and he chose us anyway. The word is there was more money out there for Hall as well. At this point in their careers there is two things; Money and a ring. They didn't, it seems, go after all the money they could get.

:fingerscrossed:

:buddies:

Oh well. He's a Redskin now so I gotta back him up. Getting ready to watch him talk on the news conference now. Ol' Danny works fast they already got Haynesworth jerseys for sale on Redskins.com!:killingme

HTTR! :buddies:

Otter

Nothing to see here
He's no Reggie White...I think Reggie White averaged 12 or 13 sacks a season where Haynesworth has never HAD 12 or 13 sacks in a season..Will he free up others to get sacks?? That remains to be seen.

Will he stay healthy? I think he's always missed 3 or 4 games every season since becoming a starter..Will he become fat and Stubby? Lot of words have been said this week about wanting to prove he's worth it, but how much is being caught up in the hype and how much is sincerity? 33 mill in the first 13 months with the Skins can be quite a distraction.

I hope this a hit rather than a miss.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
He's no Reggie White...I think Reggie White averaged 12 or 13 sacks a season where Haynesworth has never HAD 12 or 13 sacks in a season..Will he free up others to get sacks?? That remains to be seen.

Will he stay healthy? I think he's always missed 3 or 4 games every season since becoming a starter..Will he become fat and Stubby? Lot of words have been said this week about wanting to prove he's worth it, but how much is being caught up in the hype and how much is sincerity? 33 mill in the first 13 months with the Skins can be quite a distraction.

I hope this a hit rather than a miss.

Not fair. Reggie was an end. End's always get more sacks. Playing from the middle, stuffing the run, collapsing the pocket, Albert has been a...prince.