Has anyone seen coyotes in clements?

Bare-ya-cuda

Many of them in the woods running from Chingville road south to piney pony road. Game cam got a couple in front yard late last year.

Hardline

I do a lot of coyote hunting here in the county. They have really been multiplying like crazy over the last few years. I have seen them from one end of the county to the other. There seems to be a few pockets that tend to hold them more than others, but they are everywhere. 5 years ago we would harvest 1 or 2 a year. Now we are over twenty a year.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My son and I were out in my front yard in Abell one night having a smoke and we heard one not too far off in the woods behind the house. I really could do without them being that close.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I saw road runners in Arizona & Texas. I bet if I looked a bit closer I would have seen more critters lurking in the shadows holding acme anvils.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
For weeks I heard what I thought was a fox yipping at 2 or 3 in the morning. I thought fox because a number of years ago I had seen a red fox in my back property howling. One night I heard it yipping, then a pained howl, and silence. Haven't heard it since.

Now I'm wondering if it was a coyote?

lucky_bee

RBF expert
For weeks I heard what I thought was a fox yipping at 2 or 3 in the morning. I thought fox because a number of years ago I had seen a red fox in my back property howling. One night I heard it yipping, then a pained howl, and silence. Haven't heard it since.

They're howl is so bone-chilling to me. In CT they're all over the place. Parents' place was on 5 acres and backed up to some state forest. About 2-3x a year a pack would make its way thru our property and their pack howling - always in the middle of the night - would make you jolt out of bed and run for the closet. Always sounded like they were on our front door steps. It could go on for a couple minutes, sometimes. We lost a cat to them once, since then we always monitor our cats' outdoor exploring, never let them roam far anymore.

bbtransp

bbtransp
For those that don't believe they're here, think again.

Attachments

• Coyote.jpeg
    Coyote.jpeg
    462.9 KB · Views: 96

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Sistard told me that there have been a lot of missing cats posters around the hood.