Has anyone seen coyotes in clements?

black dog

Free America
If you want to drive down the coyote population, you'll need to reintroduce wolves to the area.
They could put a bounty on them thats enough money to make a living harvesting them.
It should have been done decades ago with nutria. Blackwater will never recover.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
They could put a bounty on them thats enough money to make a living harvesting them.
It should have been done decades ago with nutria. Blackwater will never recover.
nutria destroyed the marsh we used to have along our shoreline here on the island. Probably still many around the huge marshes elsewhere on the island.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
They'd never allow it in the areas needed and florida isn't doing great with their invasives sporting a bounty.

I'm not certain if they hunt them, but a reintroduced wolf population possibly including the Red Wolf if there are enough left to restore it, might even help with the feral hog populations.

Plus it might have a positive impact on other feral populations D.C., Montgomery and P.G. county. :jet:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I didn't realize we had nutria around here.
We didn't either until we started seeing them and the damage they were causing became evident. My son and I hunted them to extinction on our shoreline but the damage to the marsh was too great and it all collapsed in to their myriad tunnels.

black dog

Free America
nutria destroyed the marsh we used to have along our shoreline here on the island. Probably still many around the huge marshes elsewhere on the island.
Its awful, I watched it happening in the tidal swamps next to and in Cremona farm on New Market Turner. The Morgan boys let me rebuild and use a tree stand on the river side where the new bridge is.

black dog

Free America
They'd never allow it in the areas needed and florida isn't doing great with their invasives sporting a bounty.

I'm not certain if they hunt them, but a reintroduced wolf population possibly including the Red Wolf if there are enough left to restore it, might even help with the feral hog populations.
The bounty has to be enough per animal to make a quality living.
You cant make a living at 5 bucks a tail...

Southern IN has a pretty good grip on the hogs, but it will come to an end and it will be bad.
It will turn into canned hunts on the big farms like in Ohio and a few other States.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
We didn't either until we started seeing them and the damage they were causing became evident. My son and I hunted them to extinction on our shoreline but the damage to the marsh was too great and it all collapsed in to their myriad tunnels.
I wonder when they migrated here. I've seen them in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.

black dog

Free America
I wonder when they migrated here. I've seen them in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.
I believe they were brought to the eastern shore in the 1800's for the fur trade.

Edit. Nutria were introduced by DNR to Maryland at Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge in the 1940s, where they were farmed for fur.

Hardline

I have heard all kinds of stories about how the coyotes got here. Ive heard some have been killed with the tattoos on their ears or on the inside of their lips and the numbers have been traced back to breeders in other states and so on. I personally feel like its just expansion. They are pretty much everywhere else in the US so why wouldn't we have them here. There has been a big population growth over the last few years. I saw my first one on my property about 4 years ago. never saw it on any cameras before hand. Now I have them nightly.

UglyBear

Put a bounty on them and in 3.. 2... 1...
The fastest growing backyard business for SMIBs will be ... coyote breeding!!!

black dog

Free America
Put a bounty on them and in 3.. 2... 1...
The fastest growing backyard business for SMIBs will be ... coyote breeding!!!
lol... Maybe.. Most litters are 4-7 pups, say even at a $50.00 a tail bounty, thats a tough stinky way to make a buck.

black dog

Free America
I have heard all kinds of stories about how the coyotes got here. Ive heard some have been killed with the tattoos on their ears or on the inside of their lips and the numbers have been traced back to breeders in other states and so on. I personally feel like its just expansion. They are pretty much everywhere else in the US so why wouldn't we have them here. There has been a big population growth over the last few years. I saw my first one on my property about 4 years ago. never saw it on any cameras before hand. Now I have them nightly.
What would be the reason someone would breed a feral animal thats over populated and easy to trap?
Ive just never seen a coyote breeder in the years ive hunted.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
What would be the reason someone would breed a feral animal thats over populated and easy to trap?
Ive just never seen a coyote breeder in the years ive hunted.
So they can sell coydogs or full blooded ones as pets:

Then, some wildlife agencies tag wild ones for tracking:

black dog

Free America
So they can sell coydogs or full blooded ones as pets:

Then, some wildlife agencies tag wild ones for tracking:
Thanks,
Yea, timber shepards were popular at one time too, shortly after bringing one home, the coyote will let you know exactly what you brought into your house.

I would understand if they were protectors for agg use, but as a household pet seems it would be about as poor of a decision as one could make...

And I get tagging or clipping, its quick and easy as banding a bird.
Tattoos on the other hand, are more involved..

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member