Have you ever met a 'Famous' person?

Ever met a famous person & acted like a dork?

• Yes

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 35.3%
  • Don't care

Votes: 7 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I took my 11 year old sister to a Kelly Clarkson concert for her birthday. We had a meet and greet pass. I was a bigger dork than she was. I don't even know why.. she's just a person. Met Nick Hexum and SA Martinez of 311 and didn't really have a chance to be a dork. Nick was doing enough for himself walking around drunk. Met the members of Goldfinger and acted like a big dork. Mostly cause we were hanging out backstage and they kept walking past us and we didn't say anything. We just sat and stared... and we took pictures of their equipment cases that were sitting around. It was cool though cause we got to hang out in their tour bus and Charlie gave us a vegan corn dog. It was weird.
Ooo and one time I met the drummer from Yanni: Live in Acropolis. His name is Kalani... go figure. He was at a music teacher convention teaching a drumming class. They announced him as the drummer from Yanni and while others were asking him questions about drumming I blurted out "Are you REALLY the drummer for Yanni?????" Duhhh....
Dork :huggy:
My mom loves Yanni.

I've met All the guys from Overkill and a bunch of other bands. I crawled around under the Anthrax tour bus with their guitarist looking for something he'd lost:lol: I played pool with Harry Anderson in New Orleans in 2004.
The first time I met Bobby from Overkill I had been so drunk I passed out on the bar before their first set and nearly missed the whole thing. When we were out back with them later, I was still hammered and slurred out a few "F*ck you's" before passing out in my car.

It was a monumental occasion:dork:
You are the coolest rocker chick I know.... I have never gotten wasted at a show, I once passed out at a Mighty Mighty Bosstones/Shelter show.... low blood sugar :ohwell:

I have met the ever famous Toppick a few times and was in awe... I had no idea how to react :smoochy: or :duel:
I acted like a dork....:blushing: I gave him a bottle of wine.

I thought you ran with Timothy Leary...

UGH!!! :tantrum

Rael

Supper's Ready
I met Peter Gabriel once before one of his concerts (my rock idol) :yay:

He was performing at a nearby college, and I came up very early to make sure I'd be at the front of the line getting in. I bought the tickets as soon as I arrived, and the person who sold me them happened to be an old friend I grew up with. That was weird, wasn't expecting that. So I asked if they needed any help setting up, since I'd only be waiting on a line all day.

They put me to work. When the band showed up for their sound check, the concert committee started booting people out. I immediately caught on to that, and took charge directing people on work that still needed to be done. :lol: That kept me from getting kicked out.

His keyboardist on that tour was Larry Fast, and he even showed me the brand new state-of-the-art Fairlight computer synthesizer and even allowed me to select certain familiar sounds I knew and play them while they were setting up. Made my day.

By the time it was time for the concert, I was front row center (general admission, no seats). Here are a few pictures I took...

Attachments

• PG Photos.jpg
    PG Photos.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 70
  • PG Photos 002.jpg
    PG Photos 002.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 68
  • PG Photos 003.jpg
    PG Photos 003.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 72
  • PG Photos 005.jpg
    PG Photos 005.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 67
  • pg photos 013 (2).jpg
    pg photos 013 (2).jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 69

MMDad

Lem Putt
I met Geek once. I don't think I acted like a dork, but who knows? She did give me a hug, and we farted for each other.

Seriously, I've been just waiting for someone to admit they went to a SciFi convention and met Kirk or Spock......

:lmao:

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Henry Kissinger (passed by and said hello's )while walking between the Kennedy Center and the Watergate.
Have met Orioles (83 team) Scott McGregor, Dennis Martinez and Tippy Martinez.
Late guitarists Michael Hedges and Danny Gatton.
Carl Palmer (Emerson, Lake & Palmer)
Steve Hackett (Genesis)
Dave LaRue (Steve Morse Band)
Nils Lofgren
Randy Stonehill
Andy Powell (Wishbone Ash) via e-mail
author Tom Clancy

Last edited:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Seriously, I've been just waiting for someone to admit they went to a SciFi convention and met Kirk or Spock......

:lmao:

Just went to the San Diego Aerospace Museum and sat in Captain Kirks Chair on the bridge.

Used to fly with Sunny Williams, Space Shuttle Astronaut

Ben Stillers Dad Jerry. I worked in a party store on Broadway in NYC and he came in to get some party supplies. He was very nice.

Lenny Venito is a my friends cousin and he sold me a car stereo when he worked at The Wiz.

Picked up Sam Donaldson when I was a Marine and we flew him to a couple ships during forst Gulf War

The Puppini Sisters after a concert. Kate was freaking hot!!!! Got picture with her and autograph.

General Fred McCorkle. Famous Marine aviator. He used to fly with us in the training command when he was a Full bird. Amazing stories of Vietnam. real hero.

General Robert Magnus, Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps. He was my first CO.

sweetprincess23

I met the Redskins a few weeks ago. Fred Smoot was a complete azz, very cocky. Jason Cambell was very humble and modest. I professed my love to Clinton Portis! :smoochy: Chris Cooley was hilarious.
No wait... that was a dream I had, felt very real though when I woke up. I was angry with Smoot for days. Maybe someday I will meet them.

Never met anyone famous. I did go to Bow Wow Bday at Love, didn't meet him though.
My cousin met Rod Stuart last summer, she was a bartender at some movie festivle, Rod Stuart asked her to join him in his room. Ha!

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Started to reply to this & realized that all of the names I was typing were politicians. :cds:

I've got to find myself a different crowd to hang out with..... my sister has the TV entertainment field pretty well covered and most of the posts on here are sports....hmmmm have to give this one some thought....

Severa

Common sense ain't common
Met a few prowrestlers...
The tag team Bushwackers...
The tag team Legion of Doom...
Jim Cornette...
Dutch Mantell...
Batista...(ran into him at an airport, bout scared the hell out of us)
The most memorable meeting has to be when we met the Undertaker and my husband told him he wanted to wrestle him someday...:faint:

Rael

Supper's Ready
Henry Kissinger (passed by and said hello's )while walking between the Kennedy Center and the Watergate.
Have met Orioles (83 team) Scott McGregor, Dennis Martinez and Tippy Martinez.
Late guitarists Michael Hedges and Danny Gatton.
Carl Palmer (Emerson, Lake & Palmer)
Steve Hackett (Genesis)
Dave LaRue (Steve Morse Band)
Nils Lofgren
Randy Stonehill
Andy Powell (Wishbone Ash) via e-mail
author Tom Clancy
I forgot to mention I'd met these two also. Hackett was always good to his fans for post-show meet and greets. Palmer shook hands with his left hand. :cheers:
Started to reply to this & realized that all of the names I was typing were politicians. :cds:

I've got to find myself a different crowd to hang out with..... my sister has the TV entertainment field pretty well covered and most of the posts on here are sports....hmmmm have to give this one some thought....
I've met a lot of politicians from both sides of the aisle, but intentionally did not put them here also. :lol:

red_explorer

Ahhhha

I gave Morgan Wooten's wife tennis lessons for a summer, that count? lol

Where did you give her lessons? I grew up with her kids. Went to school with them all the way through college. Even still keep in touch with Brendan through facebook.

Pete

Repete
I was at a club in Memphis drunk and met Rick Flair. He looked like hell and was very short. I lied and said "I am a big fan, would you body slam my friend" and pointed to my neighbor who was out with us. He just rolled his eyes and walked off. :lol: