Have you ever met a 'Famous' person?

Ever met a famous person & acted like a dork?

• Yes

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 35.3%
  • Don't care

Votes: 7 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
Tour buses are more fun :whistle:
:smack: Not if she's taking my daughter!!!!!

:nono:

:lol:

MB, I'd have to track down his mom, have her get in touch with him, then wait to see if he's even willing to do it. I haven't seen Chris in a long time and I really don't want to pull the pity card. "Yeah, hey man, how's it going? I was friends with your murdered sister, so can you give me backstage passes?"

That would be opening an old wound.:nono: I'm still on the fence about contacting his mom to ask if the kids need anything.:frown:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
:smack: Not if she's taking my daughter!!!!!

:nono:

:lol:

MB, I'd have to track down his mom, have her get in touch with him, then wait to see if he's even willing to do it. I haven't seen Chris in a long time and I really don't want to pull the pity card. "Yeah, hey man, how's it going? I was friends with your murdered sister, so can you give me backstage passes?"

That would be opening an old wound.:nono: I'm still on the fence about contacting his mom to ask if the kids need anything.:frown:

As long as she doesn't go to the back room, it's all good :lol:

JimW711

Driving the Z
I've met several famous people over the years (I'm 56), but there's one person that really stands out in my mind because of the way I met her.

It was in late 1969 or early 1970 and I'd gotten off work and had stopped by the Jiffy Shoppe Carry-Out in Forest Hgts. to get a sub. It was about 10pm that Friday night and a Mustang pulled up out front. A woman in a formal gown got out and 3 Green Berets in full dress uniform got out also. As they were coming in, I noticed that one of these Green Berets was wearing lipstick which I thought was VERY unusual. When they got in I could tell that this particular Green Beret was a woman and she was also a little drunk. I happened to look closer and noticed the name tag she had that stated her name was "RAYE". It took a few moments but I finally realized who she was from having heard my parents talk about her when she had been on TV. This woman was the comedian/actress Martha Raye.

Evidently the alcohol consumption had taken it's toll and I heard her ask if there was a restroom there to which she was told no. Because I knew the owner of the Gulf gas station next to the Jiffy Carry-Out, I walked over and advised her she could use the facilities there. She thanked me profusely and walked in a hurry over to the station. While she was gone, I asked the Green Beret with all the medals why Martha Raye was wearing the uniform. He advised that her son had been killed in Vietnam and they'd been to his wake which then explained the alcohol. When she returned, their order was just coming up and she kissed me on the cheek thanking me again.

I was only 17 when this happened and still living at home. When I got home my dad asked about the lipstick on my cheek. I told him... "Dad... you won't believe me". He didn't until an article in the Style section of the Post the next morning verified the wake.

R

RadioPatrol

In the mid 80's I hung out in Georgetown at Champions (a sport's bar) Many Redskins hung out there. I iggied them all (I never liked sports, but knew the bartender...free drinks :dance:) I think my sister dated a few.

:howdy:

a very good friend of mine was a bartender @ Crazy Horse around the corner in the late 80's early 90's ... 89 - 90 was a blur of Capt and Coke and loud music ..

K

Kain99

I played craps with Lawrence Taylor. He had a big diamond earring in the shape of an LT.

He also had 4 hookers at his side.

Very funny guy. At least that night. He called me button nose. :lol:

R

RadioPatrol

I met the guy who played Boss Hogg when I was 11 at a fair in Connorsville, Indiana. He shook my hand and said, "Aw, ain't you a purty girl!"

Did you know he worked for the CIA @ one time and was Classical Theater Actor ?

R

RadioPatrol

Just wandering but am I the only person who listens to rap and R&B? Most of you are listing rock bands, wrestlers, etc. Am I the only "urban" person on here? I figured I would be one of few but I am starting to think I am the only one. Anyone else watch Bet, MTV, E!, or any other "younger" style shows and channels? I have heard of some of the famous people listed but not many.

There is nothing wrong with this, just wandering.

I live in Fort Washington and Work in a local theme park :confused: You cannot get much more Urban than that ..........

but I do not listen to See RAP or R&B .... Toby Keith is a Rocks ... and the Dixie Chick suck .... does that give you a hint ...

and and being a child of the 80's (Class of 84) I still love the music of that era

R

RadioPatrol

I have noticed that is the word they call the hip-hop community lately. Like Urban Outfitters clothing store is a hip-hop style store. I don't know if they use it to be politically correct.

Not when they 1st opened ... or "Up Against the Wall"

Urban Outfitters Wholesale designs, manufactures, and sells women's and men's clothing to over 1,000 specialty stores under four labels: Anthropologie, Co-Operative, Ecote, and Free People. Primary elements of the company's overall retail strategy include locating stores where their target customers are naturally concentrated; renovating and adapting existing structures to provide distinctive store environments; offering a broad mix of eclectic and fashionable brand name and private label apparel and home furnishings in the same store; and using innovative visual merchandising, striking store displays, and a distinctive mix of merchandise to present its wares.

Urban Outfitters was created in 1970 by two retail novices, anthropology graduate Richard Hayne and his former roommate at Lehigh University, Scott Belair. Hayne was just back from two years working with Eskimos in Alaska as a VISTA Volunteer; Belair was a second-year student at Wharton School of Business and needed a project for his entrepreneur workshop. Over beer one night, :whistle: the two came up with the idea of a store for college and graduate students, selling inexpensive clothes and items for dorm rooms and apartments. Pooling $5,000, they opened the Free People Store in Philadelphia, near the campus of the University of Pennsylvania. The store offered inexpensive second-hand clothing, Indian fabrics, scented candles, T-shirts, drug paraphernalia, and ethnic jewelry, in 400 square feet decorated with packing crates and beat-up furniture. "I was that market," Hayne told Dan Shaw of the New York Times in 1994, adding that "everyone associated with the store was that market."

The store was a success. "Belair got an A on the project," according to Robert La Franco in a Forbes article, "and went on to Wall Street, where he [ran] his own bankruptcy workout business." Hayne stayed with the business, adding such merchandise as coffee mugs and glassware to the product line. In 1976 he moved to larger quarters near the university, changed the store's name to Urban Outfitters, and incorporated the company. In 1980, with sales around $3 million, Hayne opened a second store, in Cambridge, Massachusetts, close to several colleges.

:popcorn:

Hoover and I ran into Joan Jett all over Oahu for a week - had no clue who she was :lol: Joan Jett finally told Hoover who she was as I was picking her up from the hotel and taking her to the airport... Hoover blew her knee out and was flying home early.

At the airport Hoover saw her and her band and "introduced" me to her. :lmao: She thought it was nice to talk to normal people who did not know who she was...

I was getting her upgraded to first class but was told it was already taken care of. We found out that it was her and the band did that before we checked in... they covered the difference from Oahu to LA to BWI - it was a GREAT gesture on her part.

Last edited:

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
I met many famous folks while doing a gig for TV for a couple years. We put on our pants just like normal folks do. Some folks like all the attention and crap, I just found it to be a pain in the arse.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
author Tom Clancy

Does it count if you met them before they were famous? :confused: He was my insurance salesman back in the day. I remember many boring discussions between him and my ex about the Navy and the nuclear sub service as he went on and on about this book he was writing...which happened to be "Hunt For Red October." I still have one of the first copies put out of the book by the Naval Press. :yay:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Jay Leno ... I'm on the right in my former military get-up. :yay:

Attachments

• Me-&-Jen-with-Jay.gif
    Me-&-Jen-with-Jay.gif
    91.7 KB · Views: 106