Hello

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
hheat0773 said:
Yes I am. I still have a house there I am trying to sell, so I was worried about that, and all of my family. Fortunatly for Houston, they were missed from being hit head on. Unfortunate for those who were. I was watching the news and knowing the freeways they were talking about can't picture the traffic jams... I was really feeling bad for the people from New Orleans who had to relive it all again.
A friend of mine from high school lives in Houston and headed up to Dallas.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
hheat0773 said:
Thanks... it's great to be here! I can't wait for the seasons to change and check out the snow! Good thing I have a fireplace!
That will not last long. :lol: I lived in Corpus Christi for a couple of years when I was a kid, after living in Hawaii before that. It was a rude shock when we moved to Massachusetts and got BURIED in snow. :lmao:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
hheat0773 said:
Thanks... it's great to be here! I can't wait for the seasons to change and check out the snow! Good thing I have a fireplace!
You are REALLY going to be disappointed.. there really isn't any snow here to speak of.. They cancel school here if they THINK it's going to snow.. I've been here three years, and haven't had enough yet to shovel.

hheat0773

jazz lady said:
That will not last long. :lol: I lived in Corpus Christi for a couple of years when I was a kid, after living in Hawaii before that. It was a rude shock when we moved to Massachusetts and got BURIED in snow. :lmao:

I'm sure that's true... I love the winter and I hear the snow here really isn't too bad.

hheat0773

itsbob said:
You are REALLY going to be disappointed.. there really isn't any snow here to speak of.. They cancel school here if they THINK it's going to snow.. I've been here three years, and haven't had enough yet to shovel.

Well I'm not too worried about the snow for me. I hope we see enough to make my seven year old happy though :dance: I guess that means I don't have to worry too much about driving in it?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
hheat0773 said:
Hello Everyone...

I just moved here from Houston a little over a week ago, and have been reading the posts. Thought it was time to quit lurking and say hello :) I am loving Southern Maryland so far, and can't wait to get out there and meet more people.
:howdy: Motorcyclists and Corvette owners will be at the A&W this Friday evening.
Are you either? Are you neither?
Are you Male? Are you female?
Are you big? Are you tall?
Are you short or are you small?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
hheat0773 said:
Well I'm not too worried about the snow for me. I hope we see enough to make my seven year old happy though :dance: I guess that means I don't have to worry too much about driving in it?
Where do you work and live?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
hheat0773 said:
I'm sure that's true... I love the winter and I hear the snow here really isn't too bad.
Most of the time it isn't, but we have the occasional abnormal year and get hammered. Last year we didn't hardly get any. Who knows what this year will hold? :shrug:

hheat0773

aps45819 said:
:howdy: Motorcyclists and Corvette owners will be at the A&W this Friday evening.
Are you either? Are you neither?
Are you Male? Are you female?
Are you big? Are you tall?
Are you short or are you small?

Let's see...

I don't own either, but LOVE the Corvettes
Female
I'm medium, 5'6"

Nice rhyme! :)