HelloItsaBOY!!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Baby number TWO...Quiet Valley Farm's very first ever Rocky Mountain Horse baby made his grand arrival this morning sometime between 5:40am and 8:00am....A colt and Red Chocolate like his beautiful momma!

Percy was able to dry him off and has been the only one so far to cuddle him and smell his soft new fur... I'm so jealous! Pix will come soon (hopefully)!! Oh and Rottncop and little one are there too....so the family has seen him and i can't yet :tantrum

Come on folks go over and take me some PIX!! I'm dieing here in the city!!

Did i say i hate working?

Last edited:
K

Katie

happyappygirl said:
Baby number TWO...Quiet Valley Farm's very first ever Rocky Mountain Horse baby made his grand arrival this morning sometime between 5:40am and 8:00am....A colt and Red Chocolate like his beautiful momma!

Percy was able to dry him off and has been the only one so far to cuddle him and smell his soft new fur... I'm so jealous! Pix will come soon (hopefully)!!

AWWWWW

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Bustem' Down said:
Question: Do horse people find out the gender of the horse before birth like we humans do?
Nope. It's always a surprise. All the ultrasounds we've had done have been internal ones very early on in the pregnancy. You see a little lima bean with a beating heart.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
happyappygirl said:
Nope. It's always a surprise. All the ultrasounds we've had done have been internal ones very early on in the pregnancy. You see a little lima bean with a beating heart.

I've never seen a newborn lima bean. Must be pretty messy getting them ready for canning.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Bustem' Down said:
Question: Do horse people find out the gender of the horse before birth like we humans do?

YES some vets are really good and a sonogram over 90 days can tell you...Tidewater gave me a free sonogram one time when they were learning to sex...bugger would not hold still...all we could see was his long rat tail...sometimes it works sometimes it does not...

I always did the string and nail and it was accurate 90% of the time...even with a chick in the egg..

Oh yes and we need to see pics...I bet he is really pretty..

Cowgirl

Bustem' Down said:

You can get an ultrasound to sex the fetus, but it's expensive and it's really not necessary. Sometimes people will do it if they're going to sell a bred mare or an embryo transfer foal. Most likely these are higher dollar horses and people want to know the sex before they purchase it.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Cowgirl said:
You can get an ultrasound to sex the fetus, but it's expensive and it's really not necessary. Sometimes people will do it if they're going to sell a bred mare or an embryo transfer foal. Most likely these are higher dollar horses and people want to know the sex before they purchase it.

$55 expensive :shrug:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
HappyAppy your new baby was born at 8:15AM. He was still partially in the sack when I came back to the barn from the schools this morning. Mommy is doing fine. Some issues with nursing, but they worked themselves out. He is latching on and swallowing fine. He has 4 light hoolves with flaxxen legs and a chocolate body. No white. I just emailed you some pics so try to post them. Oh and moms a little crabby but physically fine.

R

remaxrealtor

persimmoncf said:
HappyAppy your new baby was born at 8:15AM. He was still partially in the sack when I came back to the barn from the schools this morning. Mommy is doing fine. Some issues with nursing, but they worked themselves out. He is latching on and swallowing fine. He has 4 light hoolves with flaxxen legs and a chocolate body. No white. I just emailed you some pics so try to post them. Oh and moms a little crabby but physically fine.

Wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huggy:

Congrats Happy! Oh, if you saw the cell phone/Miss Dog thread....the guy you referred me too was one of the 5 am calls! If you talk to him, please apologize for me! Hope he didn't answer! :lmao:

Cowgirl

Pasofever said:
$55 expensive :shrug:

:lmao: We had some cows ultrasounded (about 15 of them) for sexing the fetuses, and it was way more than that! The guy we used came from the midwest though...he was an ultrasound supa-star! :diva: He also did about 100 more animals, heifer and bull yearlings to test for rib-eye area, backfat, and marbling. I remember the sexing was pretty steep though.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Cowgirl said:
:lmao: We had some cows ultrasounded (about 15 of them) for sexing the fetuses, and it was way more than that! The guy we used came from the midwest though...he was an ultrasound supa-star! :diva: He also did about 100 more animals, heifer and bull yearlings to test for rib-eye area, backfat, and marbling. I remember the sexing was pretty steep though.
:crazy: i didn't know ya'll cow folks did that! in utero too. wow...

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
WOW Percy you caught him EARLY!! Can you send them to my work email address? Rottncop has my home email open on the home computer, so i can't get them here on the work computer.

i'll be by before class tonight. Name suggestions can start any time now.

We have purchased a buckskin stud colt, but Rottncop is saying he likes this boy better :lol:

Cowgirl

happyappygirl said:
:crazy: i didn't know ya'll cow folks did that! in utero too. wow...

The only in utero test we did was sexing. All the other stuff was done when they were yearlings.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
happyappygirl said:

Percy was able to dry him off and has been the only one so far to cuddle him and smell his soft new fur... I'm so jealous! Pix will come soon (hopefully)!! Oh and Rottncop and little one are there too....so the family has seen him and i can't yet :tantrum

Big congrats to you Happy. Can't wait to see some pix. :howdy:

MorganLover

He does sound beautiful. That is SOOOOO cool that she finally had him. Too bad he isn't colored l ike his father, maybe mare #2 will have one like him. Well maybe that buckskin will get gelded then??? :razz:

I can't wait to see pix, man RottnCop learn how to take pictures on that phone haha.