help please wildlife rescue person

Roxie04

I used to conduct classes where we would all put our dogs in a down in a biiiig circle. Then we would play soccer, or various games involving tennis balls. If a dog got up they were reprimanded and brought back to their original position. After a fashion, the dogs would just lie there and stare. :) It was very fun though, when a 'newbie' dog would suddenly break his down and tear into the group chasing the ball... poor newbie handlers, soooo embarassed.... :)

Do you still teach training classes? My dog just finished the basic obedience but i want to go further with it.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I was THINKING the SAME thing! I don't want to suffer as the newbie to have their dog act up - but I think it's important for ALL dogs to learn restraint.

Do you still teach training classes? My dog just finished the basic obedience but i want to go further with it.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Yes it was. First, you have to get the shots to prevent the dragonfly fever. After that, you have to practice standing on one leg with your arm above your head (holding a geranium basket) for 3 minutes. It's tough, but really worth it. After that is the final test as you lay in the pond with water lillies on your back. Once you get them on your back, you have to do a quick "flip-over" (as we like to call it) and capture, capture, capture in your net. AND you have to make the net out of spider webs before they'll even let you in to the finals. Good luck! It was tough.

I may have to pull rank on you if you hurt the spiders. Rescue certification for them involved a whole lot more than butterfly and dragonfly training. It involved going into a lot of dark and dirty places and sticking your hands and fingers in some pretty creepy places!

Last edited:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I may have to pull rank on you if you hurt the spiders. Rescue certification for them involved a whole lot more than butterfly and dragonfly training. It involved going into a lot of dark and dirty places and sticking you hands and fingers in some pretty creepy places!

:jameo::jameo:

:creapyspiderdance:

:faint:

PrepH4U

I may have to pull rank on you if you hurt the spiders. Rescue certification for them involved a whole lot more than butterfly and dragonfly training. It involved going into a lot of dark and dirty places and sticking you hands and fingers in some pretty creepy places!

Oh really??? :shocked: Do explain, I would be interested in hearing all about the training that you went through. :whistle:

frequentflier

happy to be living
Oh really??? :shocked: Do explain, I would be interested in hearing all about the training that you went through. :whistle:

As opposed to the free flying dragons and flutter bys, spiders like to hide in dark crevices and cracks. You can't be scared of those unknown places and must be willing to go into them with your instructor with your eyes closed and mouth wide open! I was told that you never know what will end up all over your face and hair. Funny, the spider webs never looked like they were that wet and sticky...
Fortunately, I was single at the time and my instructor was pretty HOT so I didn't mind exploring those areas with him.
BTW, I passed the tests with flying colors :lmao:

SoMDGirl42

As opposed to the free flying dragons and flutter bys, spiders like to hide in dark crevices and cracks. You can't be scared of those unknown places and must be willing to go into them with your instructor with your eyes closed and mouth wide open! I was told that you never know what will end up all over your face and hair. Funny, the spider webs never looked like they were that wet and sticky...
Fortunately, I was single at the time and my instructor was pretty HOT so I didn't mind exploring those areas with him.
sounds to me like everyone woke up with their minds in the gutter this morning :killingme

PrepH4U

:killingme
I knew you had it in you! :whistle:
This is why I will never go into spider rescue! I just smash those suckers, so their webs don't suprise me.