Hey, Lady!!!! You on the phone.......

PsyOps

Pixelated
Nope :) These people are the number one killer on the roads today, and we need to wake up to the danger. You dont want to talk about it, GTFO the thread. You want to defend it, bring it. I spent some time on the road on Sunday going up to Upper Marlboro and back, and all the way up and down RT 4, the people going 50-53 in the left lane while glued to their damn phones were everywhere.

My commute is from Port Republic to Andrews every day. About 45-50 minute ride. I'm astounded at how many people are already on their cell phones at the very early hour (around 4:45am) I'm driving. And you can always tell who they are when you come up on them; weaving back and forth, speeding up and slowing down, cutting people off, making unexpected lane changes without a signal... I've gotten to the point where chastising them for their dangerous driving doesn't make any difference. You won't get any embarrassed look or any sense of "oh, I'm sorry I cut you off". You'll get flipped off or just ignored while they continue :blahblah:

glhs837

Power with Control
My commute is from Port Republic to Andrews every day. About 45-50 minute ride. I'm astounded at how many people are already on their cell phones at the very early hour (around 4:45am) I'm driving. And you can always tell who they are when you come up on them; weaving back and forth, speeding up and slowing down, cutting people off, making unexpected lane changes without a signal... I've gotten to the point where chastising them for their dangerous driving doesn't make any difference. You won't get any embarrassed look or any sense of "oh, I'm sorry I cut you off". You'll get flipped off or just ignored while they continue :blahblah:

I've been referring to them as squirrels to describe that erratic behavior. But while squirrels at least recognize there is danger, the cell phone drivers do not, and I finally figured out where I had seen that before. Finally got it.....

https://www.google.com/search?q=Mr+...X&ved=0ahUKEwjBq6P01sDNAhVNgiYKHVXeBhUQsAQIGw

Please, watch some youtube clips, you younger people who might have grown up watching this guy drive....

BernieP

Resident PIA
Speaking of dangerous, coming out of gate one the other night (usual 3 lanes of parking going north on 235. Guy on his bike (wearing digital blues) in the lane next to me and this hair ball does a lane splitting ride between us. All the way up the road. I think it was near WaWa where a lot of the accidents tend to occur with people making turns and all.

Lane splitter was lucky nobody was turning left at the cut through.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Speaking of dangerous, coming out of gate one the other night (usual 3 lanes of parking going north on 235. Guy on his bike (wearing digital blues) in the lane next to me and this hair ball does a lane splitting ride between us. All the way up the road. I think it was near WaWa where a lot of the accidents tend to occur with people making turns and all.

Lane splitter was lucky nobody was turning left at the cut through.

I read so much about leaving Pax and what a cluster it is. Leaving Andrews is typically a breeze. Every so often I get someone cutting over on me at the last second because they realized they were in the wrong lane, but that's rare.

Are the drivers just plane ignorant down there, or is there some sort of design flaw contributing to the mess?

Clem72

Are the drivers just plane ignorant down there, or is there some sort of design flaw contributing to the mess?

Not so much ignorance as impatient. Everyone trying to jostle and driving erratically to shave 30 seconds from their commute.

glhs837

Power with Control
Watched some lady on 235 yesterday afternoon about 2pm do single car passes on three cars using the right turn lane near the bowling alley through BAE. . Zip right, pass car, zip left, rinse repeat.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Watched some lady on 235 yesterday afternoon about 2pm do single car passes on three cars using the right turn lane near the bowling alley through BAE. . Zip right, pass car, zip left, rinse repeat.

Happens all the time.

I may or may not have thrown a Starbucks Frappuccino out the window when the driver was on her cell phone. :whistle: She may or may not have looked shocked and put the phone down long enough to roll her window down and call me a bitch. Mission accomplished. :coffee:

Those damn things are expensive though. :ohwell:

Grumpy

I may or may not have thrown a Starbucks Frappuccino out the window when the driver was on her cell phone. :whistle: She may or may not have looked shocked and put the phone down long enough to roll her window down and call me a bitch. Mission accomplished. :coffee:

If I had seen that, I would have set you up for a month @ Starbucks. :lol:

Usually its one of the diesel hollyrock trucks, those guys get wood every time they floor it and send up a big plume of black smoke.

I can hear them on 235 from my house. It can be louder than the sirens on the trucks coming off Chancellors.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Usually its one of the diesel hollyrock trucks, those guys get wood every time they floor it and send up a big plume of black smoke.

:lmao:

glhs837

Power with Control

I was thinking it should be legal to paintball them. Window up or down.

glhs837

Power with Control

I've said that before, but for anything stupid, not just distraction.

the allure of the Dark Side..........

BernieP

Resident PIA
I read so much about leaving Pax and what a cluster it is. Leaving Andrews is typically a breeze. Every so often I get someone cutting over on me at the last second because they realized they were in the wrong lane, but that's rare.

Mostly the later, one road running north south
"Smart Growth" puts all commercial development in the county on that corridor AND only expands road to meet 1995 requirements.
Then add new lights.

But drivers do contribute. Any incident is immediate gridlock, sometimes the entire end of the county because any alternate routes are already worse than 235 and when people try to shift over, it brings them to a halt as well.

Believe it or not, an accident on the Thomas Johnson Bridge will lock up traffic on 235.

BernieP

Resident PIA

Litter bug