hey you !!!!

Woodyspda

Sounds like the black lab that my pups drove out of the yard the other day. Hunter orange collar and no tags??? I have a retriever mix that people have told me they have seen in their yard.... mine is not able to jump the fence and sits on my back porch when he is bored of the yard.

I spotted same down the street on saturday in a neighbors yard with two others. By the time I parked and approached the house the dogs were already let in.... had a neighborly chat with the owner of the two beautiful dogs that BELONGED in her yard and discovered that the Black Lab in question has been a nuisance for some time....

He's not aggressive.... when I spotted him in the yard another time I approached with treats and he bounded 2 fences like a deer.

Hopefully the owner gets his pup under control before he is injured or picked up by AC.

queenpwb

Pre-conceived notions will bite you in the butt everytime.

And its pre-conceived that my neighbour would be mature enough to handle a complaint about thier animal. Im just worry about what would happen if they are not so understanding. I really don't want to live in a hostile situation. I'm not a rude or mean person but there are people out there who are. But you are right about not introducing myself. I have done this with some of the other neighbours but never really had a chance to do so with that one. Hmm maybe introduce myself and say I've seen their dog out and im worried about it getting hurt or lost.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Have you tried going over and knocking on your neighbour's door? Maybe introduce yourself explain the problem? Give your neighbour a chance to address it?

They are certainly aware their dog barks constantly. If the neighbors can hear it, they can hear it.

That said, I must be the only person who has selective hearing. Neighbor pooch barks all the time, but I only notice it if someone points it out.

queenpwb

Oh they know, they have yell at them before. I have no problem with a dog barking during the day but they sometimes do it throughout the night. My dogs bark but they are inside at night so they won't disturb the neighbourhood. And if they do stay out at night ( in the summer when its nice out) I wake up if they bark and correct them.

xobxdoc

Try getting a portable stereo with a CD player and play at a very loud volume in the offending neighbor's direction the live version of High Voltage from AC/DC Live at Donnington. This may prompt your neighbor to come speak to you and then you can come to an understanding, unless of course they are AC/DC fans.

BOP

When we moved to this county years ago the neighborlady come over and introduced herself to my mom... when she saw us three children she exclaimed, "Oh good! New blood!" ...:twitch:

True story.

Is that like new blood in a True Blood kind of way?

BOP

No but I always thought the people who lived here already were to do that.

Ye-ah...not so much. This is southern Maryland. Maybe 1 out of 10 will actually speak to you first.

Unless you're a hot chick with big hooters.

BOP

Try getting a portable stereo with a CD player and play at a very loud volume in the offending neighbor's direction the live version of High Voltage from AC/DC Live at Donnington. This may prompt your neighbor to come speak to you and then you can come to an understanding, unless of course they are AC/DC fans.

Scottish bagpipe music works really well.

Trust me.

:evil:

sm8

If your neighbors are like my neighbors, GOOD LUCK with that :) I went to speak with mine about their dog biting me in my own yard. They sat on the couch and refused to open the door when I could clearly see them thru the window then had the nerve to call me uncontionable when I called animal control.

queenpwb

If your neighbors are like my neighbors, GOOD LUCK with that :) I went to speak with mine about their dog biting me in my own yard. They sat on the couch and refused to open the door when I could clearly see them thru the window then had the nerve to call me uncontionable when I called animal control.

That's what I'm afraid of. And if a dog bite me I would have done the same.

SugarBear47

I'm going to actually write a really nice sweet letter to them and leave it for them either on there gate or mailbox. I hate to start something but I been in my house for 2 years and its a weekly thing for his dog to get out. I have also spoke to another neighbour and they have had a similar experience. Hopefully they will fix the problem so it won't escalate to the point of me calling animal control.

NO you can't be sweet with people like that. I know cause it happened to me. And when I was told to 'stuff cotton in my ears' then I settled the matter on my own and not very proud of it, but I had to have more then 2 hours sleep at night.

PrepH4U

NO you can't be sweet with people like that. I know cause it happened to me. And when I was told to 'stuff cotton in my ears' then I settled the matter on my own and not very proud of it, but I had to have more then 2 hours sleep at night.

What did you do? :shrug:

mdgirlie

Instead of writing a letter, why not address them face to face?

Most people do better when they are approached in person. A letter would definitely put me on the defensive, and make me less likely to comform to whatever the issue is.

I have the same issue with my neighbors. I nicely told them that their dogs were waking me up early at 5:30 - 7:00 in the morning, barking and then howling non-stop. It was quiet for a month or two, and then it started up again. I gave it some time to resolve, but it continued to happen every single morning, so I called the dog catcher and continue to do so. Pretty frustrating!

idiganthro

Yes you, Mr. Neighbour! You with your 4 dogs that like to bark at all hours of the night, even barking at me when I leave for work at 4:30am, With the black lab that has gotten out numerous times and into my trash twice in the last month. I will be writing you a letter to inform you of this problem and that I will record all barking ,dog out,etc, and the next time your dog gets into my trash I will be calling animal control and showing them how non observant a owner you are. And incase you can't remember the regulations on owning a dog here's a link : http://www.stmarysmd.com/docs/AnimalControlRegulations.pdf. Thank you and make sure to have a nice day.

Sincerely, the neighbour who hates picking up after your dog

I appreciate your situation. We live out in a pretty rural area, and only have a few neighbors, but a couple have barking dogs. It's usually not an issue unless weather is nice and we want to have windows open. At night when it's quiet and the dog barks non-stop, I wonder how they can sleep if I'm down the road being kept up! Also, I do not understand having 4-5 dogs chained up outside or in small pens in the backyard 24/7, 365 days a year. One time we saw that two were tangled up and went and got them untangled as we were afraid they would be hurt. What is the point of having multiple pets chained up all the time getting no attention? Oh, and don't get me started on the multiplying cats that lurk all over our yard and pee in our flower beds! And yes, we are pet owners, but we take care (spay/neuter, take to vet) of our cats and keep them inside!