High School Football This Weekend

dolemite

This Friday night, high school football kicks off. Can't wait to find out the talent in SMAC Football. Last year Westlake won the state title. Great game at M&T Bank Stadium. Who will make it there this year?

Chopticon vs. Westlake this friday 9/4/09 @ Chopticon.
GMHS vs. Thomas Stone @ TSHS:buddies:

Ibelieve

A week late and $3 short
:yahoo: 21 hours 25 minutes 'til kickoff! :yahoo: Make that 21 hours 24 minutes. I type and post slow...

smilin

BOXER NATION
Don't get me wrong, I wish I had been there to see the game. Floored me too.
Maybe, just maybe, considering this is the first team to be in the head coach's system for all H.S. years, maybe they might have absorbed some of his system. Last year's JV was as impressive as the Varsity was terrible.
Love High School ball it is so much fun.
That's why it's called playing not winning or whining.

Last edited:

Zguy28

Good seeing you again. :huggy:

:faint:

Chopticon lost to Westlake...bad. :ohwell: Next up for the Braves - Gwynn Park - another team that made it well into the state playoffs last year. :jameo:
Yeah, well LIsanti did lose 20 of 22 starters to graduation.

chess

low 5... hi 5......
Good seeing you again. :huggy:

:faint:

Chopticon lost to Westlake...bad. :ohwell: Next up for the Braves - Gwynn Park - another team that made it well into the state playoffs last year. :jameo:

Gwynn Park is loaded this year with a few Divison I recruits too....

Also Yeah GM won, but lets see how many more this year.. maybe Ltown :killingme

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Yeah, well LIsanti did lose 20 of 22 starters to graduation.

I'm aware of that. Sad thing is, the rest of the month doesn't look any better. After we play Gwynn Park, we have Huntingtown and then North Point. I'm forseeing an 0-4 record going into the Homecoming game vs. McDonough. :ohwell:

As long as the boys keep their hearts in the game, they should have a decent October.

RayGun

Just wanted to pass on that GMHS has an outstanding football team this year. Could be a 6-4 season.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Just wanted to pass on that GMHS has an outstanding football team this year. Could be a 6-4 season.

Don't mean to bust your bubble, but they won their first game in what? 3 seasons? I'm hoping they have a great season, but...baby steps.

RayGun

Don't mean to bust your bubble, but they won their first game in what? 3 seasons? I'm hoping they have a great season, but...baby steps.

You are so right about taken baby steps...but maybe if we "the community" show that we believed in them and support the sports program they could win more games. Also, the support of the schools students and teachers would be nice as well. I have high hopes for them, because I have a dog in the fight!