High School Football This Weekend

yankee44

Thanks for the info: It's Petett and this young man had 13 tackles and 9 assist w/one interception. He is second in SMAC and thrid in the state. Also believe this Jenner is #1 in SMAC for passing and #5 in the state. GMHS has some football players who could play in Division I or II Colleges. The players are not getting the exposer that they need..Enterprise where are you?

Couple of the boys were over at the house on Sunday. I asked them when they were going to slap the kid that roughed the kicker. :lmao:

What a stupid move!!! :smack:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
I have a little game I play: Know the guy who stands at the entrance to Giant food and gives free copes of the Enterprise away? He then asks if you want to subscribe?
I thank him for my copy, open it up to the sports section, point out that there is nothing about Great Mills and politely decline the subscription. Been doing that for years.
My son has told me that Pettet has an offer already from one Div 1 school.

OMG - have you seen Huntingtown's record? 2-0, 72 pf - 7 pa! Can't wait to see these guys play. Guess there's a reason Jerry Franks has a football camp.

I've done the same thing and reminded them that Leonardtown is NOT the only high school in the county. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I will get to see Huntingtown in action tonight. Chopticon plays them at Huntingtown at 7.

smilin

BOXER NATION
I've done the same thing and reminded them that Leonardtown is NOT the only high school in the county. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I will get to see Huntingtown in action tonight. Chopticon plays them at Huntingtown at 7.

Wow. Good luck to you. I took a quick look at their stats - not one single part of their game stands out, but all the parts are clicking in the top of the league. Means they are balanced everywhere.
72 points in two games???

RayGun

Any stand outs? Or just an all around good game?

Yep! The Defense....Lansdowne was only able to get about 20 yards of offence doing the. They never made it pass our 30 yard line..if that close. They (GM's football team is on a mission this year) a new attitude or something. I think they have scored more points the first three games than they did all last season. I could be wrong...

Last edited:

smilin

BOXER NATION
Any stand outs? Or just an all around good game?

Check the point spread between the offense and Defense. As an old grizzled LB you have to love that! :buddies:

Team * W-L-T * Pct. W-L-T Pct. PF PA Strk More
Huntingtown 3-0-0 1.000 3-0-0 1.000 112 15 3 W [+]

North Point 3-0-0 1.000 3-0-0 1.000 53 20 3 W [+]

Westlake 2-0-0 1.000 3-0-0 1.000 91 15 3 W [+]

Patuxent 2-0-0 1.000 2-1-0 0.667 100 45 2 W [+]

Calvert 2-1-0 0.667 2-1-0 0.667 64 72 1 L [+]

Lackey 1-1-0 0.500 2-1-0 0.667 75 52 1 W [+]

Great Mills 1-1-0 0.500 2-1-0 0.667 65 21 1 W [+]

Northern 1-2-0 0.333 1-2-0 0.333 48 78 1 W [+]

La Plata 1-2-0 0.333 1-2-0 0.333 18 88 1 L [+]

McDonough 0-2-0 0.000 1-2-0 0.333 32 37 2 L [+]

Stone 0-3-0 0.000 0-3-0 0.000 32 64 3 L [+]

Chopticon 0-1-0 0.000 0-3-0 0.000 11 113 3 L [+]

Leonardtown 0-3-0 0.000 0-3-0 0.000 34 102 3 L

Southern Maryland 09-10 Football Standings - Maxpreps

Last edited:

smilin

BOXER NATION
Ray most of these kids played for me last year winning Virginia and maryland championship games back to back one saturday and one sunday. The division 5 broncos of st marys pigskin.We studied hard hit the books on rainy practice days and 19 out of 25 of my kids got better than a 2.0 and none could play last year.Way to go griff and greatmills hornets my hats off to you KEEP IT UP. JUNIOR

:bs:
Which starting varsity player did you coach LAST year?

smilin

BOXER NATION
:bs:
Which starting varsity player did you coach LAST year?

As soon as I see Coach Griff and the GMHS coaching staff I will tell them to bow down to the altar of Pigskin football.
It is amazing that you are taking credit for the first team to make it to the fourth year of the Head Coach's program. He has had some pretty harsh words thrown at him for his record and because he didn't want to affiliate with the local kiddy football leagues.
Attempting to read your posts, about LHS and CHS, you think their Head coaches and players stink. Take a look in the mirror, ask anyone involved with Pigskin: Where was the alleged favoritism year after year?
In the Central and Northern divisions. What, not taking any responsibility for them?
If any one can and should take a little pat on the back it should be Chris Pixton and the SOUTHERN County Raiders program which brought back credibility to youth football in the county.

smilin

BOXER NATION
Yep! The Defense....Lansdowne was only able to get about 20 yards of offence doing the. They never made it pass our 30 yard line..if that close. They (GM's football team is on a mission this year) a new attitude or something. I think they have scored more points the first three games than they did all last season. I could be wrong...

The Northern Game should be an interesting defensive check. Northern has not had much of a defense or passing game. All rushing. On the other hand they've played Huntingtown and North Point so they've seen the best.
Look at these stats:

Maxpreps - Northern vs. Great Mills Game Matchup
:popcorn:

Zguy28

As soon as I see Coach Griff and the GMHS coaching staff I will tell them to bow down to the altar of Pigskin football.
It is amazing that you are taking credit for the first team to make it to the fourth year of the Head Coach's program. He has had some pretty harsh words thrown at him for his record and because he didn't want to affiliate with the local kiddy football leagues.
Attempting to read your posts, about LHS and CHS, you think their Head coaches and players stink. Take a look in the mirror, ask anyone involved with Pigskin: Where was the alleged favoritism year after year?
In the Central and Northern divisions. What, not taking any responsibility for them?
If any one can and should take a little pat on the back it should be Chris Pixton and the SOUTHERN County Raiders program which brought back credibility to youth football in the county.
Coach Griffith and Coach Lisanti (Chopticon) coached Flag Football for SMYFL last Spring. I think that kind of puts the kabash on any thought that they supported Pigskins in any way.

RayGun

Ray most of these kids played for me last year winning Virginia and maryland championship games back to back one saturday and one sunday. The division 5 broncos of st marys pigskin.We studied hard hit the books on rainy practice days and 19 out of 25 of my kids got better than a 2.0 and none could play last year.Way to go griff and greatmills hornets my hats off to you KEEP IT UP. JUNIOR

Junior: Not really understanding your reply..."We studied hard hit the books on rainy practice days and 19 out of 25 of my kids got better than a 2.0 and none could play last year. Way to go Griffith and Greatmills Hornets my hats off to you KEEP IT UP."
It seems that you are placing blame on Griffith for the kids not being able to play football last year. The coaching staff can not make the student-athlete do homework or study for a test. They can only check the grades and provide help when they see a student-athlete is not doing well in a subject. The coaching staff does all it can to ensure that the student-athlete maintains his or her grades. It's a two way street..the student and the parents need to take some responsibility as well.
You and your staff did an outstanding job on helping the kids with their GPA and that I thank you. They (student-athletes) and the parents should know that a 2.0 GPA is required to play a sport in the St Mary's School System. This is the first year that incoming Freshman were not required to have this GPA. Which is good~so now they can be directed to keep the greads so that they can play next year. Will this help for next year, know one knows.
On a side note: You have students walking the halls of our schools that could play a sport but can't because of grades. Why is that? This post is not only for sports but for our kids future. A friend asked two young men why they did not play football and he was told because of grades in Math. He made the offer to tutor them for free --- they turn him down. As the saying go, "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink". So, please don't put the blame on the coaches or the teachers. The students and the parents need to step up!