High school grudges

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Anyone still have them?

We're planning our 35th reunion and last night there was a bit of an explosion between a couple of classmates that has apparently been simmering for 35 years. :yikes: Hell, I don't remember who I hated yesterday, let alone 35 years ago.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Anyone still have them?

We're planning our 35th reunion and last night there was a bit of an explosion between a couple of classmates that has apparently been simmering for 35 years. :yikes: Hell, I don't remember who I hated yesterday, let alone 35 years ago.

Whew.... good! You've forgotten that you hate me.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I had a best friend from elementary school through jr high. We lived two houses away from each other. When we went to high school he got his driver's license before me, and his parents gave him a car. He promised me a front seat ride to school every day. As he made new friends (as did I) in high school, that front seat became a back seat, and eventually I was riding the bus. Our friendship dissolved. We were in band and played hockey together and held a pretty deep contempt for each other through high school. We went on to college, I went in the military and we never had contact with each other over the next 25+ years. We have since seen each other during reunions and other gatherings and I still consider him a good friend. We grew up and realized our past and friendship was an important part of our lives; despite the nonsense of growing apart. It's just a part of life.

I don't get holding grudges. It solves nothing other than make you miserable. I appreciate the people I was and am friends with because they influenced my life in some small or large way that led me to the place I'm in today; and I think I'm in a pretty good place.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Anyone still have them?

That woman in your group is seriously crazy! I've seen her posts, and for her to harbor her level of resentment is staggering. If I were you all, I wouldn't want her sorry ass there, anyway.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That woman in your group is seriously crazy! I've seen her posts, and for her to harbor her level of resentment is staggering. If I were you all, I wouldn't want her sorry ass there, anyway.

Which woman? There are a couple of them who could use some time on the couch. :lol:

This particular brouhaha was between two guys. I think someone might have been drinking a bit last night and judgment was impaired. At least I hope that's what it was.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Nevermind, I just looked and realized you're talking about Carolyn. Yeah, she has a few issues going on. :lol:

sockgirl77

I ran into an old high school "enemy" at a prayer service on Monday. I hugged her as a condolence for her loss. I cannot remember exactly why I hated her so much 20+ years and felt compelled to hug.

I went to my 20 year reunion last year. I'm going to my fiancé's 20 year reunion this year. I can say that I really do not care who I had issues with in high school. With the exception of the people that haven't amounted to jacksh!t in the past 20 years, I will say hello to anyone that I run into. In St. Mary's County, going to Wal*Mart is like going to a high school reunion. Never fails. :lol:

My 45th is next year. I didn't have any enemies, per se. I just disliked everyone! Mine was a class of apathy in all respects. Our 35th reunion came, few showed. But everyone is hyped up, let's make a video and slideshow and make the next reunion a really big event!! Someone took all our email addresses for updates. Haven't heard a word from anyone since the day after that 35th event. I don't think I'll be going to the 45th or 50th. Such a letdown.

I did my part, tho. For the 35th, I used our class senior picture from our DC trip and blew it up to 3 x 30 feet and hung it on the wall. That was a hit!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Mine was a class of apathy in all respects. Our 35th reunion came, few showed.

Mine was the opposite of that. Very tight-knit class. Rural farming community....many of us had been classmates and friends since 1st grade. I missed the 35th, which was very low key anyway. But the 30th was a bigger deal and something just over 50% of the original class total showed up for that one.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
When my 20th was coming around, it became obvious to me, real quick, there were a LOT of reasons I hadn't stayed in contact with those I'd not stayed in contact with and a lot of reasons I did stay in contact with those I did. It is beyond me the attraction of getting together with people you, very normally, have had nothing to do with all these years. I suppose if high school was the apogee of my life I might feel differently but even then...how sad?

I barely have enough time for the friends and family I have. In fact, I have nowhere near enough time for them. The idea of taking a minute of that to see good ol' what's his face or see that our head cheerleader is now 52 and looks 62, or to reminisce about that day in shop or the big game, as I say, I haven't kept up because there wasn't any interest THEN. Time has not made me nostalgic.

In any event, carry on and enjoy! Fascinating to ponder! :buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I found out a couple years ago that one of my classmates still holds an unhealthy hatred for me.........I don't get it :shrug:

Seriously. All I have to do is spend 5 seconds remembering how stupid and immature I was then. How the heck does anyone retain that 'ability' over time? Frozen moments??? I could be best friends with some folks I didn't much care for but, again, my life is pretty full as is and I have nowhere near the time I'd like for the people I REALLY like. :buddies:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That had to be hard on you :huggy:

I found out a couple years ago that one of my classmates still holds an unhealthy hatred for me.........I don't get it :shrug:

Not at all. I hadn't seen her since high school. It was much later I found out she hung herself.