High school grudges

Hank

my war
Oh, I know! :huggy: ... that phrase came to mind immediately so I *HAD* to use it.

(I can't believe a thread not in the political sewer is going to make it close to 3 pages)

Well, Obama is trying to take away your right to use that Bugs Bunny phrase..... Wake up white people!!!

:twitch:

Restitution

I wasn't bullied in high school... but middle school was a very VERY different story. I went to middle school overseas in Yokosuka, Japan. Yes, it was a DoD school... but I was a minority. The school was comprised of mostly Philippinos and other Asian descents. I was bullied. my sister was bullied. I have been the same height since I was 11... I am 5'6'' and I was a fully-developed woman with 36D breasts in 6th grade. I was very overweight with incredibly thick glasses. My hair was very long... past my butt - I had never had a haircut. The bullying was so bad that one day I was sitting in my chair at school and this Philippino girl snipped off a chunk of my long raven-black locks. The school did nothing to punish her. I moved to the United States... lost a bunch of weight... got contact lenses... changed my hairstyle...learned to apply makeup ... and holy-crap... I became popular in High School in the US. It was like Bizzaro-World to me because of what I went through. I remember the first time a boy asked me to be his girlfriend, I asked him if it was some sort of sick joke. I was screwed up in the head for a while because of middle school bullying. Luckily - I will never have to have a reunion with those people. Some of them have contacted me and apologized and I have gotten the "OMG you look so different." It feels good and I try to chalk it up to kids were just being kids and kids are mean... but it affected me. It still affects me sometimes. I still have self-esteem issues and when I put on a little weight I feel like I am turning into "that girl" again. It's bad news bears man. :bawl:

Was the boy the captain of the football team? Tall, dark, and handsome?

Wasn't this the storyline to every teen angst/ugly duckling movie in the 80's and 90's? :shrug:

Was the boy the captain of the football team? Tall, dark, and handsome?

Wasn't this the storyline to every teen angst/ugly duckling movie in the 80's and 90's? :shrug:

Living overseas, learning how it feels to be a minority, being bullied and yes-racially bullied, changing your image when you move somewhere else and becoming popular? Where is that movie? :eyebrow:

He was on the football team... not the captain. :roflmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
What? I'm serious... it's the absolute goddamn truth. :mad:

I totally get it. I was picked on terribly because I was so tiny and an easy target. It also didn't help that my younger sister was so popular. I'd get the stinkeye comments, You're so-an-so's sister!?!

I totally get it. I was picked on terribly because I was so tiny and an easy target. It also didn't help that my younger sister was so popular. I'd get the stinkeye comments, You're so-an-so's sister!?!

:lol: I got that too. My older bro was very athletic, on the high school gymnastics team (rings, floor ex), first freshman to ever make the Springfield Mass College Exhibition Team. And I ......... wasn't. "You're (name)'s brother? What happened to you? He get all the good genes?"

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
:lol: I got that too. My older bro was very athletic, on the high school gymnastics team (rings, floor ex), first freshman to ever make the Springfield Mass College Exhibition Team. And I ......... wasn't. "You're (name)'s brother? What happened to you? He get all the good genes?"

:lol:

Did you catch the part about my YOUNGER sister? I was in 8th grade when she stared 6th at the same school. I was a shamed 8th grader. :bawl:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I wasn't in a "clique" when I was in school. My friends were all over the place, from brains to nerds to jocks to stoners. I was very much then like I am today - it took me a long time to grow into my personality.

Wow, same here... sinner to saint

Now as to the thread subject, I was picked on terribly by this guy in middle school and a few years ago, he got on FB telling us he was going to be doing an internet radio show interview. I tuned in and he sat there and told the lady interviewing him how *HE* had been picked on all his life. I never saw that; all I remember is that he was the jerk who picked.

A few months later the subject came up while I was out with friends and many said when they heard him say that, they almost fell on the floor. Apparently he was a dick to many growing up. The sad part is this guy is a genius. He seriously has a genius IQ either near or over 200 but doesn't have one lick of common damn sense. :ohwell:

It is hard to hold a grudge against a genius who lacks common sense, 10 or 11 kids and 5 ex wives who is a constantly unemployed with a PhD. Seems like karma did him well. :shrug:

Last edited:
:lol:

Did you catch the part about my YOUNGER sister? I was in 8th grade when she stared 6th at the same school. I was a shamed 8th grader. :bawl:

Yeah, I did. My younger brother was also very popular and athletic. Just good fortune for me that I was out of high school before he was a freshman. I never would have lived it down.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yeah, I did. My younger brother was also very popular and athletic. Just good fortune for me that I was out of high school before he was a freshman. I never would have lived it down.

:huggy:

Not long after that started, I moved in with my Dad and attended a new school and I was all of the sudden popular. It was really weird.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I was picked on because I was a nerd. I once got put into weekend detention in the high school library because I put a flare gun in my locker and it went off. I got an F, I couldn’t have it and I know my parents wouldn’t have it. Even if I aced the rest of the semester, I'd still only of had a B and everything would be ruined for me.

warneckutz

I was picked on because I was a nerd. I once got put into weekend detention in the high school library because I put a flare gun in my locker and it went off. I got an F, I couldn’t have it and I know my parents wouldn’t have it. Even if I aced the rest of the semester, I'd still only of had a B and everything would be ruined for me.

:buddies: I was picked on for being a nerd as well... Not much has changed these days... :bawl:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Flare gun!?! Ameture! A friend of mine had a sawed off shotgun in his locker. He blew off half of the stone trashcan encasement, right outside the Dean's office! Good times! :lmao:

warneckutz

I have had some crazy friends! Unfortunately, Doug died a few years back in Hawaii. :bawl: He was like a big brother to me back in the day. :smile:

Sorry to hear that. I can't think of anything that even comes close to rivaling a shotgun story... you win. :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Sorry to hear that. I can't think of anything that even comes close to rivaling a shotgun story... you win. :lol:

:diva:

We also used to cut school to go up in the Santa Cruz Mountains to ride dirt bikes, go shooting and drink beer. :lol: