History

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by bluto
He's like one of those nervouse little dogs, quivering and desperate for attention, but when you try to play with them they piss themselves and roll over in it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lmao: :lmao:

jimmy

Drunkard
I kinda agree with Vrai on this...wow...anyway, the fact that a Nazi was able to point out a very common social theory that holds true for, as he said, all societies isn't anything especially remarkable.

I think is at least kinda interesting in as much as recognizing that the methods to rally public support for a war have been fairly consistent for over 2000 years but I don't think you can point out a link between Bush and Nazis (or the people on this board and Nazis) based on this revelation.

What made the Nazis so horrible is the acts that they carried out against a people soley for their race. Granted, many Germans were led to believe in the Nazi's scapegoating of the Jews for many social and economic ills being felt by the German people as anti-semitism was pretty strong around the world (including the dear ol, US of A). But the fact is, they were horrible butchers who ended 6 million lives as part of a genocidal plan.

Are there paralells? Sure. Spreading any sort of idealism, even Democracy, is to suggest superiority. But the difference is, simply enough, in the method. And as much as I disagree with the manner in which this war came about, and some of the justifications being fed to us by the administration, I hardly see Bush (or America in general throughout history) using the immoral, flagrant, barbaric, murderous, methods practiced by the Nazis.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Insipid, pathetic...

...vacuous...what else?

small, every time I try and enjoy your views or get something intelligent out of them or even try giving you credit for actually having a point you come screaming along with antagonistic, vulgar assaults on everyone’s intelligence, including your own. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Why small, are you aware that Nazi's ate carrots as well? Drank beer? Burped and farted?

Moving right along, Franklin D. used the same philosophy (as Nazi's!) to drag the US into World War II to STOP Nazi-ism. Imagine! Thinking like a Nazi to stop one!

Kennedy and Viet Nam? Send the troops and the nation will go along! How Heinrick Himmler!

LBJ? The similarities are stunning!

Reagan and Grenada? Mein Kampf!

George the I'st??? Ve vil mahke zem follow zee leadeh! Heil Bushie!

So, of course because we are talking about the correlation between leadership and following vis a vis everybody uses the same philosophy as a...GASP...Nazi, can we now discuss the nations Kennedy conquered? Where is his Poland?

What of LBJ's concentration camps? How many millions did he slaughter?

FDR? Where are the piles of gold teeth? The sheared hair? The confiscated homes and businesses?

Reagan? The Deaths Head Brigades? The shallow graves?

G.H.W. Bush? Oh yes! The Blitzkrieg he unleashed with Schwartzkopf (A GERMAN NAME!!!) on an innocent people in 1991!!!

This will sadden you to no end because your goal of Nazifying US goals, intentions and actions just will need more work but...

...WE'RE THE GOOD GUYS

Yeah, you got a rise out of me because I am starting to really despise you, my fellow citizen. Enjoy the freedom to spew your bile. So far there's about 100 or so brain washed kids NOT coming home and another 150 or more injured for life so you can continue to explore the depths of your vitriol against a President who would have murdered you and your family along time ago if he was one thread of what your Nazi wet dreams and fantasies implore.

Trivializing Nazi-ism is one of the main reasons so many cannot bear to make moral judgments of right and wrong. Moral equivalency. “Why, they are all the same! ...therefore, who are we to judge!?”

Go back to the funny pictures, would yah?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Danke schon

From Dennis Miller via Otter in another thread:

"Denouncing anti-war protesters, Miller described how he puts them into four categories, the second one made up of those who call everyone but Hussein a Hitler: "The second type you have at these parades seems to be the people who want to
mislabel Hitler. Everybody in the world is Hitler. Bush is Hitler, Ashcroft is Hitler, Rumsfeld is Hitler. The only guy who isn't Hitler is the foreign guy with a mustache dropping people who disagree with him into the wood chipper. He's not Hitler."

demsformd

Throughout my years of studying history, I can say that many current regimes and political figures resemble the ideology of a terrible time in history such as Nazism. W's, my friends, does resemble Nazism. He basically did force the war on the people of this nation. The propaganda resembles the Nazis but in this situation that is fine. If it weren't for leaders that articualted a message, the people would never pursue it. The Nazis articulated a message (albiet a terrible one) and the people acted as a result. W did the same recently (on a perfectly justifible issue) and the people acted. What is the problem? The only thing that I think is wrong for W is to actively say that all those who oppose the war are unpatriotic. Such a generalization is untrue and something that is inherently against the principles of the United States.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The only thing that I think is wrong for W is to actively say that all those who oppose the war are unpatriotic.
Dems, please show me WHERE he ever said that? And if you cannot show me, quit saying he said it. You're like that Iraqi "information" guy. :duh:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by demsformd
Throughout my years of studying history, I can say that many current regimes and political figures resemble the ideology of a terrible time in history such as Nazism. W's, my friends, does resemble Nazism. He basically did force the war on the people of this nation. The propaganda resembles the Nazis but in this situation that is fine. If it weren't for leaders that articualted a message, the people would never pursue it. The Nazis articulated a message (albiet a terrible one) and the people acted as a result. W did the same recently (on a perfectly justifible issue) and the people acted. What is the problem? The only thing that I think is wrong for W is to actively say that all those who oppose the war are unpatriotic. Such a generalization is untrue and something that is inherently against the principles of the United States.

Dems has W called people who oppose the war unpatriotic?

I agree with you that he got the nation moving toward this justifiable conflict. If nations didn't have leaders who "moved people" the populous would get lethargic and self centered....and they would then of course have to change the name of the nation to France

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
He basically did force the war on the people of this nation.
Interesting, for a lawyer. Constitution, Article II, Section 3 (referring to Presidential duties), "he shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed". In PL107-243 Congress gave the President the authority to use military force to achieve resolution of Iraq's failure to comply with disarmament, failing diplomatic efforts. The Security Council's actions made it clear that diplomatic efforts in this regard had failed. There was no way they were going to force Iraq to comply with 1441 or any of the previous resolutions (any wonder with what some of these other nations were doing, namely violating UN resolutions by selling prohibited items to Iraq). The Security Council and Iraq are what forced us into this war, not the President. Our Nation, through our elected representatives, determined that Iraq was a threat to our security, the President is just performing his Constitutional duty.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, I think ST just likes to make dippy statements and try to see who he can spin up. This one seemed to work pretty well.

Bush is not a Nazi; neither is Powell, Rumsfeld, or any of the other cast of characters. We know it and ST knows it.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Throughout my years of studying history, I can say that many current regimes and political figures resemble the ideology of a terrible time in history such as Nazism. W's, my friends, does resemble Nazism.

Ok, that's it. Vrai, how do I block this guy, so I don't have to read his dumb-assed, bigoted, moronic posts?

For you to even say such a thing demonstrates that you may read a lot of history, but you're not learning anything from it. You dislike the guy so much, you can't even use the few brain cells you still possess.

Vrai, where are you? Just tell me how to put him on 'ignore'.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Frank
Vrai, where are you? Just tell me how to put him on 'ignore'.
Go to your Control Panel. Click "Edit Ignore List" at the top. Put his name in the box.

Sorry, Dems...:weak:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Throughout my years of studying history, I can say that many current regimes and political figures resemble the ideology of a terrible time in history such as Nazism. W's, my friends, does resemble Nazism.
For example...?

(I ask that question all the time and so far nobody has come back with an example. I doubt Dems will be any different.)

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Go to your Control Panel. Click "Edit Ignore List" at the top. Put his name in the box.

Sorry, Dems...:weak:

Done - I don't usually do this, but I don't think they were "discussing" anything, just ventilating an otherwise empty mind.

demsformd

I didn't call W a Nazi...I merely said that his administration resembles Nazism. Look at Larry's post, there are great examples there of Nazism in America on both sides. I was not making a partisan statement, just a general statement on leaders of nations. They must capitalize on the nationalist feelings of the majority and cast out the minority that oppose the government's actions. There was nothing wrong with what Bush was pushing or what he wanted...there was something wrong with Hitler's message. But Hitler was still able to get support for his ideas because he knew how to use the emotions of people. Leaders do that and one can say that the Bush Administration resembled Nazism. I do not agree with that sentiment but as a leader, Bush uses Nazi tactics as did Clinton, Reagan, FDR, and scores of others. I did mistate earlier when I said that Bush called the anti-war demonstrators unpatriotic...all of his friends and people of a comparable ideology have done that for him.

Thank you Ken for that wonderful usage of correct legal terminology...But Bush did force this war on his because he made his case so well. I did not mean to criticize him with that statement. After hearing the evidence like that, it is hard to say no. That is why Congress gave him the power to defend international law.

It's too bad that Frank got so offended. I would like to quote Robert Heinlen (sp?)..."I have never learned from a man that agreed with me." We all need to listen to those that don't see it our way. And it really is too bad because on this issue...I agree with the conservative philosophy. But oh well.

L

Lexington Punk

What he says is so true.
I think that Bushs ubermensch theory went just a bit too far.
And how could we have overlooked those death camps he constructed all over our fair land?
:)