History

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
One last comment before ST comes up with something else to stir up the crowd :lol:

When one is making a comparison between various groups or humans, one would be wise to consider that group or human's defining characteristic. What made Hitler Hitler, and worthy of comparison? Is it that he had a moustache? Ate carrots? Was an excellent speaker? No - it's that he was a genocidal monster and ultimate control freak.

Now. I could say that ST and Hessian are just alike - they're both males and they post on this board. However, that isn't either of their defining characteristics. So to make a comparison between the two using minor characteristics that a significant number of other people have is absurd.

So to compare Bush and Hitler is equally absurd unless you can offer proof that he is a genocidal monster and control freak.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
st...

First off, my phallus ain't broke, so, why fix it? Thanks for caring though.

Second...

Too bad the content had NOTHING to do with what we are talking about here

OK, everybody help here:

The first post: (by Mr. Concerned about my pee pee)

I have discussed the notion that sonny bush did not learn a single thing from father bush. He did,however, take notes about other people in history...

Then, Herman Goehring and his dissertation on leadership 101.

Now, old Herm was one of the top three Nazi dudes. What COULD the inference be?

VOTE HERE: (A) Are we talking, as we all seem to think, about smalltowns desire to say that W has learned lessons from Nazis and uses them or...

VOTE HERE: (B) Are we talking about, as Mr. Wiggles is NOW saying, about various ways to gain and maintain power?

A or B people, please.

Now, as the answer is A and st now wishes it was B, does that make him:

A. A Nazi
B. George Bush III
C. To worried about my wanker
or
D. A contortionist

I ask you, the people.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by vraiblonde

So to compare Bush and Hitler is equally absurd unless you can offer proof that he is a genocidal monster and control freak.

Once again, please read the orginal post. Nothing there talks about a genocidal monster. You people are TRYING your best to bring more into the issue than was posted (I can't speak for dems who did come out and say W resembled the nazis)

Christy

b*tch rocket
I vote C and D Larry! :lol:

I'd add few of my own, but I'm proud of my suck up status with the board mommy and wouldn't wanna have one of my posts deleted. :twitch:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
ST sez:
"He did,however, take notes about other people in history..." (reference to Goering)

Then he sez:
"Just find it interesting that many people here have the same views as a nazi."

Goes on to say:
"Don't feel bad, if my ideas go hand-in-hand with a nazi, I would be defensive as well."

And furthermore:
"I see you people are pretty much speachless by the fact your views about how to support a war goes along with the nazis."

Reading for comprehension was always my strong suit. :bandit:

Warron

When one is making a comparison between various groups or humans, one would be wise to consider that group or human's defining characteristic.

Unfortunately, it’s too easy for some people to become fixated upon this defining characteristic and become unable to rationally discuss any other characteristics. My observation, in discussions involving Hitler or Nazi Germany, is that this fixation is an all too common occurrence. I’ve seen a lot of it in this thread as well.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Guess the inference...

...was overlooked.

Unfortunately, it’s too easy for some people to become fixated upon this defining characteristic and become unable to rationally discuss any other characteristics

What, please, do you suppose he meant to infer, say, love of Polka? Eidelweiss?

K

Kain99

Smalltown

Then he sez:

Goes on to say:
"Don't feel bad, if my ideas go hand-in-hand with a nazi, I would be defensive as well."

And furthermore:
"I see you people are pretty much speachless by the fact your views about how to support a war goes along with the nazis."

Knowing when to concede is a true mark of intelligence. (Just a hint) :wink:

SmallTown

Football season!
ST sez:
"He did,however, take notes about other people in history..." (reference to Goering)

Then he sez:

Goes on to say:

And furthermore:

Reading for comprehension was always my strong suit. :bandit:

At least you finally see what I was talking about with regards to how our gaining support for this war goes along with the nazi rhetoric.
Ok, I get it. its because of who I quoted. So if I would have said, oh, Reagan was the one who said it you people would easily agree with it. Like I said, the words speak for themselves.

Thank god I didn't say an american democrat had said it. This place would have turned black and blue

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by SmallTown
At least you finally see what I was talking about with regards to how our gaining support for this war goes along with the nazi rhetoric.
If you recall, dear, my first post on the subject was "So what?" Then when it becamse clear you (and Dems) were trying to draw a parallel between Hitler and Bush - and Hitler and forum members - that's when I took issue with you.

But a minor correction: Nazi rhetoric wasn't leadership and persuasion. It was that Jews were responsible for Germany's economic woes.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
st, you enjoy this, don't you...?

There are people who fall down stairs just so they can get attention and catch a ride in an ambulance.

IF you had used Reagan
IF you had used a Democrat
IF you had used the Pied Piper of Hamlin

the point would stand:

So 'effing what? They all eat carrots. They all used their mouth to give speeches.

You used Herman Goehring, Nazi pimp daddy, for the precise reason you DID NOT use Reagan or a Democrat or Walt Disney (of Bush I!):

None if them would allow you to make your insult, a clear, unmistakeable, incorrect connection between Shrub and Nazi-ism.

Hell, you specifically excluded his father who certainly used the EXACT same methodology that you are now trying to back peddle to, thereby further clarify by exclusion the Nazi connection. You shot your own foot.

We can't help it if you expect for that weak ### #### to fly.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Hey Larry, your new avatar looks like Jerry Orbach from "Law & Order" playing dictator!

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Re: DON'T TELL ME...

Originally posted by Larry Gude
...you don't recognize Enrons new spokesman???

Cute, Larry! :lol:

And SmallTown, please don't try to make your point by comparing ideas you don't like to Nazism. That's just a debate-stopper. Elements on the left have a bad habit of dropping the H-bomb ("Hitler!") in debates, just as elements on the right have an equally bad habit of dropping the C-bomb ("Communism!"). Those elements view every issue as good versus evil, which is not what politics is about.

SmallTown

Football season!
Re: Re: DON'T TELL ME...

Originally posted by Tonio
Cute, Larry! :lol:

And SmallTown, please don't try to make your point by comparing ideas you don't like to Nazism.

As I said, I might not like the idea it works, but the fact that it does work I fully appreciate.

jimmy

Drunkard
Tonio,

GREAT comparison in the "Hitler" v. "Communism" phenomenon we've seen so often on this board...I'm certainly guilty of the former and I'm sure that people on this board will own up to being guilty of the ladder...I guess what it comes down to are those are the two ideals that can be pointed to as each side's (left/right) idea of ultimate evil on the other side...if I can use that poor sentence...

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Fixations and Characteristics

:biggrin: I have to agree with choices C and D, Larry.
SmallTown has opted for the wanker mistique in the past, and "Mr. Wiggles" is currently backpeddaling again(for maybe the 5th or 6th time), since I've been following his pointy headed thread starters.
The last, and most wrathful incurring example involved two different threads: One about cow manure and the other about burying offspring under it in another thread.
What was remarkable from my point of view, was his inability to exit gracefully from a losing battle, or shall I say lost cause, using as direct language as possible which the situation required.
In my opinion, he demonstrates a lack of understanding other than his own, and how the greater audience on this forum has time and time again attempted to show proof why his arguement is moot: ie., "so what??"
One of the other members of the forum has also alluded to ST's penchant for attention, be it good or bad. It doesn't matter either way. He seems to be willing to crave it - be it in accepting accolades or by degrading comments. It's all about adulation!

Does the term Sado- Masochism have any relevance here?

K

Kain99

Re: Fixations and Characteristics

Originally posted by penncam
The last, and most wrathful incurring example involved two different threads: One about cow manure and the other about burying offspring under it in another thread.

Does the term Sado- Masochism have any relevance here?

Kinky! but what about " Forgive and Forget?" :biggrin: