Hope You Have Supplies

Just got back from a trip to Giant and BJs. Not an emergency run, just my normal weekly.

Holy Carp. The apocalypse is here. Or so the throngs would indicate. Interesting to see what is selling out; of course, TP, paper towels, milk. But also rice and instant potatoes, no red meat left in the display cases, some chicken. Frozen entrees are disappearing fast. I got what I needed, including a new counter-top combination griddle/waffle maker, and got out of Dodge as quick as I could.

On the good news side, gas at BJs is $1.89.

TPD

the poor dad
Just heard from my friend - same thing in Finland - empty shelves....mainly TP...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've always been a prepper...the island compound could run for a year without contact with the "world". But I am going to make a run to fill my gas cans while it's so darned cheap.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
From my son in Norway....where the TP shelves are also empty. Translates as: The virus, when it sees how incredibly much toilet paper you have in your house.

luvmygdaughters

Ugh! I usually go to the grocery story for our weekly shopping on Saturday. Not looking forward to it tomorrow. Well, to be honest, I never look forward to going to the grocery store, but, when you have to fight the crazies, makes it 10 times worse.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I did stop at Dollar General because I needed bug juice, Tide and trash bags. No TP on the shelves. :lol:

luvmygdaughters

I did stop at Dollar General because I needed bug juice, Tide and trash bags. No TP on the shelves. :lol:
I ran into Dollar General last night to pick up some Q-Tips and shampoo. No toilet paper to be found. An employee from Food Lion came in while I was in line, he said they ran out of carts and people were lined up waiting to get in the store earlier in the day! Hmmm...kind of gives you a glimpse into real human nature in the time of an emergency...even if it is a fabricated, media induced emergency!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I ran into Dollar General last night to pick up some Q-Tips and shampoo. No toilet paper to be found. An employee from Food Lion came in while I was in line, he said they ran out of carts and people were lined up waiting to get in the store earlier in the day! Hmmm...kind of gives you a glimpse into real human nature in the time of an emergency...even if it is a fabricated, media induced emergency!
I saw a video in Mountain View, CA (where I used to live) and people were lined up all through the parking lot to get into Costco. :lol:

phreddyp

Oh yeah, one more thing, walked into the liquor store to get my wine and they were out!! :burning: This is when the struggle became real to me. I can go without a lot if things, but, when it comes to my wine, there is no substitution.
So what's the big deal there's plenty of whining going on here Spitball, Truby and Tranny to name just a few .