Horrendous wreck in Charlotte Hall

Hessian

Sorry,...decisions have consequences.
When my decisions negatively impact another,...the law SHOULD force me to compensate those harmed.
The perp has ZERO excuse for ruining lives, families, property and scarring EMTs.
It is called responsibility...we waste TOO MUCH TIME trying to justify & excuse monsters.

PeoplesElbow

All of us have speeded and many have driven recklessly according to the legal definition. Driving 100 mph, mid-day, through that section of road wasn't either of those. It was a suicide mission, with the driver not caring who he took with him. There is a disturbing and sad lack of compassion in this forum. Being compassionate for the victims and their families is easy, but what about Alek's wife and children? His parents? Many are jumping on the bandwagon of Judge/Jury/Executioner. Many of you are the same people who defended Simone Biles and exclaimed how we need to be more understanding of mental illness and compassionate to those who suffer from it. This guy wasn't just some reckless driver, he must have been suffering from some sort of mental break and suicide wish. All those Dr. Phil videos seem to support that mental illness played a part. What did Dr. Phil do for him and his family after the episode? Anything? Or did he exploit the man and his wife for ratings and then do nothing? And yet we idolize Dr. Phil and vilify this guy. Do you all hang out vilifying and condemning people with mental illness who try to take their lives? I hope not. This wasn't just another 235 speeding incident turned tragic accident. This was something far more complex and something deserving of more thought, prayers and compassion than what's being exhibited on this thread.
He is responsible for two people's deaths that would not have occurred otherwise. Defective or not he is at fault.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

All of us have speeded and many have driven recklessly according to the legal definition. Driving 100 mph, mid-day, through that section of road wasn't either of those. It was a suicide mission, with the driver not caring who he took with him. There is a disturbing and sad lack of compassion in this forum. Being compassionate for the victims and their families is easy, but what about Alek's wife and children? His parents? Many are jumping on the bandwagon of Judge/Jury/Executioner. Many of you are the same people who defended Simone Biles and exclaimed how we need to be more understanding of mental illness and compassionate to those who suffer from it. This guy wasn't just some reckless driver, he must have been suffering from some sort of mental break and suicide wish. All those Dr. Phil videos seem to support that mental illness played a part. What did Dr. Phil do for him and his family after the episode? Anything? Or did he exploit the man and his wife for ratings and then do nothing? And yet we idolize Dr. Phil and vilify this guy. Do you all hang out vilifying and condemning people with mental illness who try to take their lives? I hope not. This wasn't just another 235 speeding incident turned tragic accident. This was something far more complex and something deserving of more thought, prayers and compassion than what's being exhibited on this thread.
Welcome to the land of free speech. Thanks be to the God's that Forum Mother isn't like those corporations that sniffle speech "they" don't agree with. Here, people are free to express their opinion. Some are known, while many remain anonymous, with the outcome the same; free expression of their thoughts on any given subject at the moment. So, while many may think to themselves, 'Damn that sucks. Those people died. Their families will suffer. Etc." What's the point of everyone pointing that out. Those kinds of thoughts should be a given. Unless someone is sadistic in their comments telling us otherwise. Unless of course you are a virtue signaler, or most righteous in sharing your testimony with us? If that's the case, then, I'm thinking, that since it's your first post since you joined in May, you might not like it here.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I'm always interested when new people and family members chime in on local tragedies or news stories. The guy that forgot his kid in the car and who can forget Steveland and his supporters on here taking up for him.

I'm a fan of the, I knew so & so story. It gives a different perspective than just some random comment by someone that isn't touched personally. Not to say those comments are any less valued.

Kinnakeet

Aleksander Ivanchev is the guy that killed two innocent people yesterday in Charlotte Hall. He was on Dr. Phil a few years ago. He better hope God has his back now! My thoughts and prayers are with the two victims family 🙏🙏

His Facebpok page is full of fake positivity and reflections. Too bad he is too selfish to fully know the damage and pain he has caused others.

Also, check out the MD Judiciary Case Search on him. He's had a lot of experience in the Court system already.
foreigner with no respect for AMERICAN laws

I don't think he's new to SOMD. Seems he's been living and working in this community for years, so I'm not sure it's fair to categorize him as a "foreigner" who doesn't know American traffic laws.

DaSDGuy

Do you all hang out vilifying and condemning people with mental illness who try to take their lives?
Usually no. But when they take innocent peoples lives too it becomes an issue for comments.
If someone out there is considering suicide, please reconsider. If you decide suicide is your only escape from the demons in your mind, please have enough compassion and decency to not take innocent lives with you.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Is this Ken Rossignol, it looks just like a headline from St Mary's today.

Kinnakeet

I don't think he's new to SOMD. Seems he's been living and working in this community for years, so I'm not sure it's fair to categorize him as a "foreigner" who doesn't know American traffic laws.
Its my story and Im sticking to it..lol..with that name he is not from AMERICA.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I am saying that you could find that almost every maker has faced class action suits for this, and to the best of my knowledge, nobody has every done anything but cause enough doubt in a bunch of jurors who probably couldn't change the air filter in their own cars that that a settlement was won. Im saying that there isn't one documented case of an electronic system causing UI in any car.

In this type of situation would the brake system be useless? I would think this would be hard to prove considering the amount of destruction done to the car.

glhs837

Power with Control
In this type of situation would the brake system be useless? I would think this would be hard to prove considering the amount of destruction done to the car.

Here's the best info I can find. Of course, 540hp is chump change today, but in the case before us, there isnt a +700hp supercharged Hemi in play play. So, no, the brakes are not useless. Of course, like so many things, that only matters if the driver had the mental wherewithal to just stand on the brakes until the car slowed. That officer mentioned in this article could have saved his family if he had done so instead of panicking, I believe. Its hard to keep your head when everyone else in screaming, though especially when its your most loved ones doing so.

black dog

Free America
Here's the best info I can find. Of course, 540hp is chump change today, but in the case before us, there isnt a +700hp supercharged Hemi in play play. So, no, the brakes are not useless. Of course, like so many things, that only matters if the driver had the mental wherewithal to just stand on the brakes until the car slowed. That officer mentioned in this article could have saved his family if he had done so instead of panicking, I believe. Its hard to keep your head when everyone else in screaming, though especially when its your most loved ones doing so.

There is a reason that one can push the shifter from drive to neutral.. Along with one can reach forward and turn the key off to depower the engine.