Horse Tacos

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I had a horse burger in Panama. Tastes good, but the meat stays red after it's cooked.

I really don't understand why some folks think it's perfectly acceptable to eat a cow or a pig, but freak at the thought of eating a horse or a dog.

They're all animals, what's the difference?

Cowgirl

In this country, horses are considered to be pets or companions instead of livestock. Well, that's until people want to use their horses to get agricultural status for lower taxes, then they're livestock. :lol:

In this country, horses are considered to be pets or companions instead of livestock. Well, that's until people want to use their horses to get agricultural status for lower taxes, then they're livestock. :lol:
Or when they get too old or cost too much to keep or... :blahblah:

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I had a horse burger in Panama. Tastes good, but the meat stays red after it's cooked.

I really don't understand why some folks think it's perfectly acceptable to eat a cow or a pig, but freak at the thought of eating a horse or a dog.

I understand that, and it doesn't bother me that other people eat all kinds of animals.... I just wouldn't....

There was a Bison farm I used to pass on my way to and from work everyday. One day they were right up on the fence, I decided to stop because I have never seen a buffalo/bison (whatever) that close. They were very tame and let me pet them, very sweet, they looked right into my eyes..... I swore I would never eat meat ever again.... well I did years later.

I think about this at times when I look into the eyes of my pups.... I just couldn't bring myself to do something like that, they are part of my family. I also won't judge someone who eats these animals....

L

luckystar

I understand that, and it doesn't bother me that other people eat all kinds of animals.... I just wouldn't....

There was a Bison farm I used to pass on my way to and from work everyday. One day they were right up on the fence, I decided to stop because I have never seen a buffalo/bison (whatever) that close. They were very tame and let me pet them, very sweet, they looked right into my eyes..... I swore I would never eat meat ever again.... well I did years later.

I think about this at times when I look into the eyes of my pups.... I just couldn't bring myself to do something like that, they are part of my family. I also won't judge someone who eats these animals....

I'm with you :yay:

This is typical cuisine in Mexico. My mom took a trip to Mexico with a friend a few years back and she told of the various taco stands... Eyeball tacos, intestine tacos, etc. etc. etc. all of which were standard fare.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Reminds me of the GSD in the freezer at the now defunct Chinese restaurant in Dunkirk..Great Wall, I think.