Horses I bred being auctioned off....

G

GVF

The horses are being sold at a private barn sale for the back board. I will be there with hopes of buying the two I bred. Haven't had a couple more donations toward this... but nowhere near what I think they will go for.

I am not sure what the last couple posts have to do with this. I am not talking about open auctions. If they go that low, I WILL get them back. What I am afraid of is some kid whose daddy has money begginng for the horses, getting them, then in a year getting sick of them, I lose touch of where they went and then they DO end up at a place like an open aution. Even if the horses sell at 2-3K now they could end up at a open auction later when someone is "done" with them.

fredsaid2

The horses are being sold at a private barn sale for the back board. I will be there with hopes of buying the two I bred. Haven't had a couple more donations toward this... but nowhere near what I think they will go for.

I am not sure what the last couple posts have to do with this. I am not talking about open auctions. If they go that low, I WILL get them back. What I am afraid of is some kid whose daddy has money begginng for the horses, getting them, then in a year getting sick of them, I lose touch of where they went and then they DO end up at a place like an open aution. Even if the horses sell at 2-3K now they could end up at a open auction later when someone is "done" with them.

I believe they were in reference to the 'meat market' comment. Simply laying out the fact that there are plenty of nice horses out there selling for dismally low prices and even at those price points not selling to horse people who will care for them.

Good luck rounding up the funds to buy the ones you're interested in. You may have to accept that once sold their fate is out of your hands.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Nobody wants a baby or an unbred mare going into winter..take your penny jar go to the private auction (which is better for you) and get them..you will be fine...

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I ike seeing not so many gaited horses. Hopefully it's because many of them have kinder gentler, cold blooded temperaments, and are going to live with baby boomers and their grandkids and staying put.
Collectively the Rocky peeps seem to have come to a silent agreement. Prices seem to be staying firm. Maybe it's due to the rarity of registered foals out of certified stock who are available. Same goes for Pasos it seems. The good ones are for the most part... averaging higher in bottom line price than other breeds.
There are people who will always pay for quality. Once burned twice learned.

I can understand your strong desire to buy these horses back, been there done it myself twice in the last year and a half with 2 Apps. Only they didn't get as far as auction. I bought them back as soon as i could get my hands on them. I feel for ya and commend you for the desire to be responsible. The right thing to do, isn't always the easy one. Good luck!

Robin

I finally got a hold of the barn owner this afternoon. The back board on all 4 horses is 9K. This barn owner called me about 4-5 months ago and asked about getting ahold of the owner, if I had problems getting money out of her when she boarded with me. She wanted money for them then. Fast forward to today when I spoke with her: She said she offered them to me back then for FREE. HUH NO YOU DIDN'T!! I told her I would have taken then back in a heartbeat. I am SO MAD right now you have NO IDEA!!

I told her I had a first right of refusal agreement and asked it I might be able to buy them for each of the 2 horses I bred back board... she has to call and ask the lawyer. Still, I don't have $4,500 just laying around. I have about $500 free and then some very generous people have donated up to $650 as of right now. $1,150 is nowhere close to paying off the board on them. I had no clue the board was that high.

So, I don't know what to do. Just go to the auction and pray I get enough scraped together by then to get them back??? The two I bred are the ones everyone is interested in (of course!), but I don't want them to get into the wrong hands, and at this type of absolute auction, who knows who could end up with them.

I am so SICK over this! Sorry to vent... but I just need input. I have never dealt with something like this before.

Its nice that you have some donating for your cause to get your horses back. If you own your place, you could get a small loan from the bank and purchase them back. If you have credit cards you could askthem for a up on your limit and do a cash draw at the bank. Where is this auction at? What Barn? How old are these mares? they must be good producers? good show history? Great bloodlines?

Robin

Funny thing when they advetised the auction, they said "Paints". I thought that they might be one of GVF's old borders because i heard they moved the horses over there. They didnt advertise it well enough,because they are WAY better then just "paints" i was thinking about going to see what they would bring... I know for a fact the board at that barn ( the one selling them )is $450 a month.
GVF i hope you get them back, they are too sweet to go in the wrong hands.

What farm is this Auction supposed to take place?

C

campinmutt

problem is you have told the whole forum community ...so now people that might not have know about the sale will be there and prices might be higher.not hard to find out about a public auction...has to be a legal public notice before she can sell them for back board.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)

Unfortunately that is always a possibility when you buy and sell horses. You hope that people will take as good a care as you did, but we would all go broke if we bought back all the horses we have bought and sold.

If they go low enough hopefully you will be able to buy them back.

What are your plans for the broodmares and their foals if you are able to buy them back?

Robin

Golden Venture Farms

Wow looking at the prices she has sold some of those horses for it would be a steal to get them back at 2500.00 a piece. Good luck. Call some of the folks you sold to and see if the want a piece of partnership in the horses for sale. Seems you have a pretty good way of making money in breeding and selling. Just a shame when you sell to the wrong folks. Thats a chance you have to take. Good Luck at the Auction. Nice Website!

Robin

Tuck some sales money away for the what ifs in the future. I guess this action taught all of us a good lesson.

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
So, did we ever find out just where and when this auction will take place? I see that many have asked but no answers were provided. Seems kind of strange to me.

pmsmare

I just received a email saying:

Hello, I am forwarding a mess from XXXX XXXX re this sale:
XXXX at XXXX has to auction 4 horses that a boarder left at her barn. There are 2 mares and their babies – about 18 months and 2 yrs. One is by XXXX, and both came from XXXX. The owner left her w/several months board due, along with some medical bills during their stay, and she has to try to get back some of her expenses. She didn’t want to auction them, and has tried to figure a way to keep them at the barn, but she can’t use the horses and can’t absorb the costs any longer. Her attorney said that this is the only way she can be unencumbered. The auction is on September 6, at 4:00. Please pass this along to anyone on your e-mail list, and any others that might have an interest. I don’t know how likely it would be that the meat man would show up at something like this, but I hate to think of that happening.

I sold this woman the one mare in foal and am devastated to hear this. I will be at the auction with a small amount of free funds to do my best in recovering the mare/resulting foal I sold. I had to ask this boarder leave as well because of the same reasons.

One foal is by my stallion. I sold the one mare in foal to this lady and the mare produced a colt. This is the reason I would like to see about getting back the one mare/resulting foal back, but I am still recooping from medical bills from my successful breast cancer treatment. I will go with the little I have in savings.. and pray I can get them back

I am SICK to hear about this. The mare is VERY sentimental to me as her dam was one of my foundation mares started breeding with LONG ago. I would hate to see this mare get into the wrong hands again and would love to have her home back here for life. I was on the fence about selling her in the first place!!!

My medical bills just do not leave me with a ton of free $ to bid on them right this second and I don't know what kind of other means I have to get them back. I did write in my contract if they could not longer be cared for, or wanted, I wanted first right of refusal. I have not been contacted by the lady about this though.

Any other ideas for me on what to do?? Anyone else dealt with a situation like this??

Thank you to anyone with ideas for me.

Is this Spam or a Scam?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I have a friend that saw the flyer for the auction she is going to go bid on the pinto mare they have listed..

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
So, did we ever find out just where and when this auction will take place? I see that many have asked but no answers were provided. Seems kind of strange to me.

Here you go Busterduck

The auction is at Hideaway horse center - it was resently in the paper- in brandywine off of north keys rd. The advertisment was at southern states/R&D cross in brandywine. Heres the website to the place...
Home

G

GVF

Hi guys, NO, it is NOT spam or a scam. How rude to even imply that!

When you get breast cancer, almost die, and as a result of the(THANK GOD) sucsessful treatment have large medical bills to recoop from, then just about back on your feet find out about something like this, put out a plea and get a responce like that.... think about what you say to people. You are heartless.

The few "spam" responces were completely uncalled for and insultingly assuming.

Thanks to the peole who have tried to respond with suggestions and the one who donated some money toward this for me. You are a KIND soul and God will bless you for it! If I do not get her back, all monies will be returned.

Last edited by a moderator: