Votes: 20 64.5%
  • let it go to foreclosure

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...no ones biting.

Rent it for a year and look for a market rebound or keep dropping the price until it's free?

:jameo:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Why do you suppose there is no interest in the house?

Priced too high? In a less desirable location? Not enough bling?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Why do you suppose there is no interest in the house?

Priced too high? In a less desirable location? Not enough bling?

Great location. The primary complaint is the umpteen different paint colors we installed. :lol:

Second, families don't like the back yard.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Great location. The primary complaint is the umpteen different paint colors we installed. :lol:

Second, families don't like the back yard.

I have to admit, I get turned off by a lot of colors myself. It's a PIA to primer then paint and if you've got a few rooms to do, well... :ohwell:

Is it a small back yard? Is it fenced?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not the house where I went camping?

No, that was the farm house. We're selling the big house we used to live in.

Larry, I thought you were going to have painters come in and neutralize everything? That would be cheaper than dropping the price.

No, that was the farm house. We're selling the big house we used to live in.

Larry, I thought you were going to have painters come in and neutralize everything? That would be cheaper than dropping the price.
Ah. I thought that house had BEEN sold.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I agree with Vrai. Get your painting on.

I just called him and I think that's what we're going to do.

The house is huge and the rooms are quite large. I painted in darker colors to give it a more intimate feel. When we get it all done in light neutral, it's going to seem like a freakin' concert hall.

B

Bean

I just called him and I think that's what we're going to do.

The house is huge and the rooms are quite large. I painted in darker colors to give it a more intimate feel. When we get it all done in light neutral, it's going to seem like a freakin' concert hall.

I've never understood peoples bland taste. My house is almost all blue and I already know it is going to be a problem at sale.

I've never understood peoples bland taste. My house is almost all blue and I already know it is going to be a problem at sale.
Paint is personal. One woman's perfect blue may be of the cornflower family while the next woman's perfect blue is sky. When I painted my dining room olive green... it had to be the EXACT shade of olive green I wanted or else I would have puked. However, someone else visiting my not agree with my choice... maybe that explains the puke piles I sometimes find behind the curio cabinet...:ohwell:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
We've lived in our house for almost 13 years and the only color we have on the walls is half a wall in the bathroom is pale purple. My husband and I can't agree on any other colors for any other rooms so everything else is white. :ohwell: I'm hoping the next house we move into (which won't be for another 15 years when we retire) will have rooms painted. As long as it's not neon, I'll just be happy for some color on the walls. I can work around it with the decorating.

B

Bean

We've lived in our house for almost 13 years and the only color we have on the walls is half a wall in the bathroom is pale purple. My husband and I can't agree on any other colors for any other rooms so everything else is white. :ohwell: I'm hoping the next house we move into (which won't be for another 15 years when we retire) will have rooms painted. As long as it's not neon, I'll just be happy for some color on the walls. I can work around it with the decorating.

Hmmm...When it comes to decorating wife rules.