How about we ask the audience….

Is it ok to grab a pork chop at a party and eat it without utensils?

• Sure

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • No, that is rude and very Neanderthal.

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Well, I want to just grab it and tear into it, but since I’m at a party, I’ll use utensils.

Votes: 17 40.5%

• Total voters

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
As a kid we always ate our chops w/ our fingers. Now, my wife gives me the evil eye if she even thinks I'm about to pick up my chops. I would never order pork chops out, because I can get them at home any time I want.

Pete

Repete
Larry Gude said:
...they're so crunchy.
Funny, my mom heard about trichinosis from her mom and used to cook pork chops until they were "pork chips". I was well into my 20's before I knew they were not supposed to be crunchy :killingme

Larry Gude

Strung Out
My grandmother is the saem way...

Pete said:
Funny, my mom heard about trichinosis from her mom and used to cook pork chops until they were "pork chips". I was well into my 20's before I knew they were not supposed to be crunchy :killingme

"Grandma, is this roast beef or new insoles?"

Their generation was used to people dying, regularly, due to bad food and all sorts of things we take for granted now.

happyazz

Skiing in the clouds
:buddies:
crabcake said:
It's perfectly acceptable to eat a pork chop with your fingers whenever/where ever they're served ... who the hell makes pork chops for a "formal" occasion? :shrug:

happyazz

Skiing in the clouds
Somdmommy said:
There are things you eat with your hands, things that need the help of utensils, and things that you should always use them for! Pork chops being on of them!

It has a handle ( bone ), just like chicken and ribs.