How about we ask the audience….

Is it ok to grab a pork chop at a party and eat it without utensils?

• Sure

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • No, that is rude and very Neanderthal.

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Well, I want to just grab it and tear into it, but since I’m at a party, I’ll use utensils.

Votes: 17 40.5%

• Total voters

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
crabcake said:
But if I'm dining out at some fancy schmancy place, I'm not gonna order redneck chow.
What is your idea of "fancy schmancy"? Outback? Because they serve pork chops, I believe. And I know that Ruby Tuesday does.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
vraiblonde said:
And typically they're too thick to bite a hunk off without really looking like a pig.

Why do you care what someone else thinks? You're not running for Mayor, are you? :shrug: :lol:

C'mon now ... even when eating pork chops with your hands, there are less-than-caveman-like ways to go about it. I certainly don't tear into it like it's my first meal in 2 months, and I don't gnaw on it like a dog with a bone. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
crabcake said:
I don't do buffets ...
See, and I like a buffet - it satisfies my wanting to have a bite of everything. But only clean buffets - Golden Corral is gross. Chinese buffet is my favorite. :yay:

crabcake

vraiblonde said:
What is your idea of "fancy schmancy"? Outback? Because they serve pork chops, I believe. And I know that Ruby Tuesday does.

Any place you'd refer to as "bistro". :lol:

Outback serves ribs; not pork chops ... but again ... finger/hand food. :shrug:
Ruby Tuesdays doesn't serve pork chops either.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
crabcake said:
I have a hard time imagining shelling out the bucks to go to a "bistro" and even ordering pork chops. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but there are certain things I just won't order when I'm out to eat.
MEATLOAF!

I'm going to pay someone GOOD money for a piece of hamburger that's been welfarized??

No thanks, enough of that growing up.. YES you can feed a family of five on just one pound of hamburger... make a welfare meatloaf..

:barf:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Tonight, I zested an orange, used a little of the juice, a little vigin sesame oil, schechan (sp?) seasoning, soy sauce, ginger and garlic and marinated big thick ribeyes...

I cut up farmers' market peppers and onions and baby carrots and stir-fried them with a bit o' terryaki (sp?), sesame seeds and sesame oil...

And sauteed extra onions and sliced garlic for extra steak toppings with a pepper melange and extra red pepper..

I also made a spinach/romaine salad w/shrooms, onions, maters, horseradish cheddar and english cukes.

When I sit down to eat, I know that it is better than just about anywhere in the county... save a few places that I go to for convenience and a couple of others that I'd like to try for the chance to be wowed!

When I get to the bone, I may or may not eat with my hands when it comes to a steak or if I make a bone-in chop - if I am at home... I've worked it...

I am just way self-conscious around others.... and I'd really like to get the job of eating over with :lol: because I DO forget my manners if I'm not in a suit or better dressed....

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
crabcake said:
Any place you'd refer to as "bistro". :lol:

Outback serves ribs; not pork chops ... but again ... finger/hand food. :shrug:
Ruby Tuesdays doesn't serve pork chops either.
:howdy: Yes, Outback does serve pork chops. I haven't eaten them though, I don't like Outback. :lol:

crabcake

Nickel said:
:howdy: Yes, Outback does serve pork chops. I haven't eaten them though, I don't like Outback. :lol:

Nebbermind; I just saw 'em. I've never noticed 'em before. :whack:

But, if I order them there sometime and they're bone-in and fried or grilled, I'll pick 'em up and eat 'em with my hands. :yay:

crabcake

Lemme dumb it down for ya'll ... pork chops, pork ribs, bacon, hot dogs ... what do these things ALL have in common? :shrug:

They're from a PIG! When in Rome (or eating a roman) ... quit being so dainty and pick the pig up and eat it. :lol:

MMDad

Lem Putt
crabcake said:
Lemme dumb it down for ya'll ... pork chops, pork ribs, bacon, hot dogs ... what do these things ALL have in common? :shrug:

They're from a PIG! When in Rome (or eating a roman) ... quit being so dainty and pick the pig up and eat it. :lol:
I get it now! I shouldn't pick up Beef ribs, but I can grab a big old slab o' ham and slurp it down. Thanks!

crabcake

MMDad said:
I get it now! I shouldn't pick up Beef ribs, but I can grab a big old slab o' ham and slurp it down. Thanks!

Nahh, I'd say eat beef ribs with your hands, too. :yay: