How can I get rid of my hips?????

mgdbaa

So I believe I am into my 3rd week since I last posted about needing advice. Ive lost 6 lbs so far on the low carb diet. I know I can lose alot more if I try harder. I didn't cut everything out because everytime I try cutting cold turkey diet, I fail. So far this is working. My boyfriend said he could tell a difference in my waist and butt. However, my hips just will not go away. Whats a good exercise for these bus driver hips? Help help help me again please.

Chainsaw.

Seriously, it takes way more than 3 weeks. Stay with it. ANY activity that burns calories and strengthens will benefit.

mgdbaa

It's only been 3 weeks, give it time.
True, I am just impatient. I have alot of energy. I mean, I wake up at 6 am on the weekends, ride my bicycle, then come home and do a 30 min step circuit which I really love. I do this Sat. through Mon. Then Tue. I just do the 30 min step circuit, off on Wed. Then step on Thur. and Fri. Then back to riding and step Sat through Monday. I also slip 3 mile walks in on the weekends. I do leg lunges during the day while watching tv. I need something else to add to my routine.

dn0121

Bench grinder or belt sander.

LOL are you adding protein to your diet? You should be eating close to your weight in protein, but in grams. I'm down to 187 since starting June 1st and try to get at least 150 grams of protein a day, usually more.

mgdbaa

Bench grinder or belt sander.

LOL are you adding protein to your diet? You should be eating close to your weight in protein, but in grams. I'm down to 187 since starting June 1st and try to get at least 150 grams of protein a day, usually more.
Well I think I am. I eat alot of tuna, chicken, turkey, eggs and nuts. I never make protein shakes. I mean that just because my blender sucks and my magic bullet is not as great as it appears and the smoothy king is so expensive. I just need a good blender. Any opinions on a good blender?

dn0121

Well I think I am. I eat alot of tuna, chicken, turkey, eggs and nuts. I never make protein shakes. I mean that just because my blender sucks and my magic bullet is not as great as it appears and the smoothy king is so expensive. I just need a good blender. Any opinions on a good blender?

I use my magic bullet to make protein shakes twice a day. I love it. 2 scoops of all the whey and a 1/2 cup of skim milk topped with crushed ice for 30 seconds.

sockgirl77

Pretty sure that you can't eat nuts in the first 2 weeks of any low carb diet. I've been on Atkins and South Beach. I lost atleast 6 pounds in the first week without exercising. :shrug:

mgdbaa

I use my magic bullet to make protein shakes twice a day. I love it. 2 scoops of all the whey and a 1/2 cup of skim milk topped with crushed ice for 30 seconds.
That is my problem. I hate the taste of milk. I try to use frozen unsweeten fruit and my bullet will not work for that and my blender is a piece of you know what.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
good for you:yahoo:

weighted squats ( preferably with a barbell, but body weight is ok for awhile). they tone your legs up in no time..but also your lower back and your outer thighs..which can slim the appearance of your hips! I have "noticible" hips myself..but squats, lunges, and the hip adducter and abducter machines at the gym have done the most for me as far as slimming my hips and thighs. stick with it..and add some squats to your lunges and it will work, give it time!

dn0121

That is my problem. I hate the taste of milk. I try to use frozen unsweeten fruit and my bullet will not work for that and my blender is a piece of you know what.

You can use water and lots of ice to thicken it up. Also try nonfat chocolate milk if you can stomach that better.

mgdbaa

Pretty sure that you can't eat nuts in the first 2 weeks of any low carb diet. I've been on Atkins and South Beach. I lost atleast 6 pounds in the first week without exercising. :shrug:
Well I do not eat a lot of them. Only like 4 or 5 at a time just take the edge off before meal time. I probably only take in a serving in a whole day if that. Its been working, so far.

mgdbaa

good for you:yahoo:

weighted squats ( preferably with a barbell, but body weight is ok for awhile). they tone your legs up in no time..but also your lower back and your outer thighs..which can slim the appearance of your hips! I have "noticible" hips myself..but squats, lunges, and the hip adducter and abducter machines at the gym have done the most for me as far as slimming my hips and thighs. stick with it..and add some squats to your lunges and it will work, give it time!
I do squats all day at work when I use the bathroom. Sounds crazy. But everytime I take a break, I will do squats in the bathroom and at the microwave when I am heating my coffe. I just feel like thats not enough anymore. It used to be hard for me to do them. Now If I had more time, I feel like I could do 100 at a time. Oh, I have also been doing 60 sit ups in the am and 60 in the pm. That has helped alot.

BuckinRut

With all that exercise you are doing you must also remember, muscle replaces fat and muscle weighs more than fat so you may be replacing fat with muscle faster than you are burning the fat. I hope that made since. :lmao: