How did you get here?

How did you find SMD online forums?

• I was lookin to hook up.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I was searchin the classifieds and clicked on forums.

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • A friend told me.

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • I just stumbled on to it.

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 13.8%

• Total voters
K

Kain99

Hey Airhead!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First let me say to "airguy6" You need a handle change to "airhead6" You began your statement fairly well but totally lost it when you made the statement that the people involved in the thread should not be allowed to vote!

Let's face it, there are certain candidates out there who completely understand that success is in the marketing! Good Press - Bad Press.. It really doesn't matter!

Everyone is talking about Zylak! If Mickeys people had any brains they'd be out here stirring it up!

Personally I elect Ziggy Zylak the eternal king of marketing! Anyone with a brain knows that Zylak had nothing to do with this suicide!

P.S. Don't ever underestimate Mr. Rossignol! He gets it! You don't see him wasteing ink on Mickey Bailey...

I challenge you to explain your sudden intrest in Zylak! Think about it!

Sep 25 2002

Did I type that? Sounds like me...... :otter::killingme

Novus Collectus

Even though I ran across it by google once or twice before, it was bcp that got me to join IIRC.
Something about if I didn't join some lady he knew would hit me in the head with a pan or something.

Xaquin44

OP, where are you getting this information?

can you link it?

Im sitting in dentsville (3 miles from where comcast ends on rt. 6) and would beg borrow and steal for internet that is not craptacular 28.8

Your first post reference FIOS in laPlata...

Unless of course I missed an MPD in there somewhere.

hahaha

awesome =)

I thought autoprune got rid of all the old stuff

and nah, I've never had another account. don't see the need lol

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Tiki opening this year will be Friday, April 16th starting at noon, or thereabouts. Auto traffic will be limited in the afternoon, so be sure to (1) get to the bar early, park, and expect to stay all day; or (2) park under the bridge in Glascock Field, take the shuttle to/from the bar and leave when you want to.

BadGirls FIRST post.. She's so helpful and understanding, and receptive of other peoples ways...

Which changed by her third post..

As a devout non-smoker, I DETEST the pollution smokers emit into the air. There are places that I purposly avoid because I know there will be smoke present. For me, a little smoke is sometimes tolerable, but too much smoke is absolutely unbearable. I would consider a smoke-free world a little slice of heaven.... :)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
As a devout non-smoker, I DETEST the pollution smokers emit into the air. There are places that I purposly avoid because I know there will be smoke present. For me, a little smoke is sometimes tolerable, but too much smoke is absolutely unbearable. I would consider a smoke-free world a little slice of heaven.... :)

:lmao:

And now she loves us, pollution and all! :smoochy:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

I'm not even sure how I got here :confused:
Now I have to look up MY original post here, because I know I didn't sign up until after I'd viewed the forums for a few days, maybe a week or two :lol:

Mateo

My wife came upon the site when we had just moved here, and she said it was good for a number of things, especially for work for me....lol.
I find it a rather mix of personalities which are stimulating...though a few infuriating, but then again, so have I been at times...heck....just like everyone else :)
Cheers and safe times, friends !

itsbob

I bowl overhand
My sister is a member and she told me about the cop killing dog thread and the select fools in there making comments, and me loving animals and having meet the owners of Max (the dog) and irate that officer Long killed Max, I came in full force. :lmao: I had no clue what in the world I was getting in to.:howdy:

OK, I have to post -- First timer here!

I was truly disturbed by this story. I am usually one to stick up for cops, but not this time. I read the story in the paper, it tore me apart to read it -- but none the less I try to justify the police as they have a difficult job -- but I have to tell you -- I was so bothered by this story, I got some flowers, i went to the Mattia house on 231 to give them a tree (to plant on behalf of Max) and potted flowers. After having a conversation with them, I have come to beleive that Officer Christopher Long of the Charles COunty Sherriffs office is One million percent in the wrong. These kind people have pictures of what this officer did and it is horrific. The dog never ever once extend his chain to the fullest extent possible, there is a trail wherein you can see that the dog tried to get away from the officer, not one spot of the very many blood stains is any length of distance from the house. This officer shot Max 7 count 7 times, he nearly decapitated the dog. The dog rested two feet from the Mattias door. The Officers bullets made the dogs choker colloar explode off Max's neck, his teeth were blown out of his mouth, please now come on, this was necessary. The abmulance refused to transport hte deputy because there was no visble wounds on him. These kind people have pictures that are so graphic and horrific, you can only feel the pain that they are going through. and itsbob-- I dont know if you are aware of the fact that this police officer Christopher Long has apparently done this two two other dogs, which makes this his third dog killing! Sorry, can blame the family on this one. And yes, one usually would say, well if there is a warrant to be served, there is usually a certain kind of criteria that people fit under and once again the Mattias do not fit on the criteria. These are hard working honest people that just want justice served. Number one the warrant was for a person that does not reside at the house. Number two the officer knew Max (by name) as he has been to the property on a few occassions for people dumping stolen dirt bikes or atvs in the pond which sits along the property (no bob not for anyting that these people have done wrong), and number three--after seeing the pictures you have no doubt in your mind that the officer is wrong wrong wrong. He needs to be removed off the streets. I know I am jumping around here, but I am so bothered by some of the comments, I just want to put everything I know out there as none of what I am saying is heresay or reading I actually stopped and talked to these nice people. Do you know that on the sidewalk just two feet from the steps where Max was shot -- there is chucks of concrete out of the ground from the bullets. Do you know that every day when they walk out there door there is a blood stained walkway where Max laid?

So itsbob and everyone else that thinks just because a warrant had to be issued, makes the Mattia any less of people, think twice, first off it was a child support warrant, not a murder warrant, it was not a felony crime or anything that required this kind of behavior (if there is any justification for this kind of behavior). A innocent dog died at the hands of a very cruel person and I am sorry to say, but I am ashamed to have Officier Christopher Long as a deputy sherriff in my county and I think he should be terminated from his position. I hope that an attorney will take the Mattia's case pro bono and make the county pay for a person that should not be on the force.

And one more thing, the Mattia said that Max was a regular at the Veterans Home, ohhhhh that makes for a mean dog doesnt it!

She loved me from day one!! :dye:

K

Kain99

Kain9910-10-2002, 04:43 PM
After several weeks of unsuccessful dialog with members of the St. Mary's County Chamber of
Commerce and its Governmental Affairs Committee, Joe Gass along with Larry Jarboe, Kenny Dement and
Vernon Gray have decided not to participate in the candidate forum scheduled for Thursday, October10th.
This is why my idiot lost! We almost scratched each others eyes out over this debacle!

Memories......:dye:

Pandora

I stumbled on the forums long before you had to register as a member, back when AOL would remind you how long you've been online and you were typically booted off for inactivity.

I remember the P.I.T.A. format (not sure what it is called but looked like a diagram sentence and you had to click each response instead of reading them in a series). The responses to topics were long, interesting, informative and also heated (at times). I wouldn't have felt comfortable jumping in and besides, by the time the response loaded, I had already forgotten what I read 5-minutes ago.

I visited in 2002 and learned I had to be a member and signed up, all new format (which may have been around before then - I dunno) but in 2002, the Internet was easier to access without the dial-up I had before.

Last edited:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

:yahoo:
ummm, apparently this thread is a year old..? But people are still posting so what the heck

CSM takes the cake in terms of being the best to learn at. Now cheapest..? No. I think it is a decent amount over the other places...but would you rather have your kid actually learning to drive or just sitting there chatting with friends instead of learning (like it's highschool or something :lmao: ) ?

I've never attended another school (obviously had no reason to) but csm did it for both me and my sister and at least i can drive well :razz: but i've had friends do A-1 and heard that it is a social group (like someone metioned about some of the places) and you actually end up having to wait months sometimes to get your behind the wheel training...sounds like a load of grade-A BS to me

I was trying to be helpful with my first post..go figure? :lol:

Gummie

Stumbled in one day and became hooked. I come in several times a day when I am home. This is about the best place to keep up with what is going on in SoMd, I recommend it to lots of people I meet, (so far I haven't gotten threating responses:yahoo:)

Rael

Supper's Ready
I googled "Southern Maryland birds", and remember seeing some bird photos Deadeye took. Signed on right after that.

My girlfriend told me that she found out on SoMD Online that I was cheating on her. I looked through the site and couldn't figure out what she was talking about. So, I asked her, 'What are you talking about, I didn't see anything on there about me?'

She said, 'See, I knew it. If you weren't cheating on me, you wouldn't have had to check.' We argued. She left. I was bored, so I started snooping around, again, to see if I actually had been cheating on her. I still haven't figured it out, but eventually I started posting.

This story is not intended to bear any resemblance to actual events. It is based on reality (or not) but some details have been added, omitted, altered and exaggerated. Names have been changed to protect the innocent (or not so innocent).

Cowgirl

Was using the classifieds and stumbled on the forums. Gave it a go and didn't think it was for me. Came back a year or so later under this name. :smile: