How did you get here?

How did you find SMD online forums?

• I was lookin to hook up.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I was searchin the classifieds and clicked on forums.

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • A friend told me.

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • I just stumbled on to it.

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 13.8%

• Total voters

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!

You don't have an original thought in your empty little head do you? It would be funny if you weren't so pathetic. Still flapping your dainty little hands and in need of smelling salts after all this time Princess? What a precious little pantywaist you've turned out to be. Your Dad must be so proud, did he take you to your first dance lesson and teach you jazz hands himself?

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
I happened across it looking for a forum that was more active than the other ones I was in.

This is the coolest forum I've ever found, right in my back yard.:lol:

sockgirl77

Ah yes. I just remembered me being the butt of the joke with Jabba's Halloween Bash. Everyone kept telling me that they saw me. I flipped out on here because I was physically not there. But, BG dressed up as me. Once someone ratted her out I laughed about it. It was hilarious. :lmao:

SamSpade

When I first moved down here in the mid-90's I was always scouring the Web for anything local. Back then, there weren't a lot of dial-up providers. I used Ameritel back then - I think others in the area used something called EagleNet? Eventually I found this site, and the forums, which were done through WebBBS and didn't look anything like we have now.

Used to be you'd go days without a single post on any topic, and there were only about six sections then - and probably not much more than about a dozen or two regular posters, many long gone. Back in those days, you could hold a party and invite EVERYONE on the forum, and you could have it in your back yard.

B

Beaver-Cleaver

You don't have an original thought in your empty little head do you? It would be funny if you weren't so pathetic. Still flapping your dainty little hands and in need of smelling salts after all this time Princess? What a precious little pantywaist you've turned out to be. Your Dad must be so proud, did he take you to your first dance lesson and teach you jazz hands himself?

Aaw, I pissed al-Sonsie off. :poorbaby:

Still hoping for chaos and bloodshed in DC?

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
I'm here because of MJ. MJ told me about Pete and I had to log on to see if I could get a piece of the Petey Pie! :yum:

Pete

Repete
I am here because Vrai found me posting on a regional board in New England and begged me to come post here. I was not interested until she offered me $5 a post. $231,870 dollars later I am still here.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
My first encounter with the forums was when they had the bomb threat or whatever it was at Leonardtown High School. I did a google search to get information while it was taking place, and a link to the forums opened up, so I clicked. I lurked for a few months before registering and finally saying :howdy:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Used to be you'd go days without a single post on any topic, and there were only about six sections then - and probably not much more than about a dozen or two regular posters, many long gone. Back in those days, you could hold a party and invite EVERYONE on the forum, and you could have it in your back yard.

Frankly...lol..Vrai should be thankful for the Clinton/Lewinski mess, cuz thats when the forums really took off, if I remember correctly. Ken King was vehement in his defense of Clinton until the 'dress' was produced and verified...:lmao: Lot of good battles back then.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Frankly...lol..Vrai should be thankful for the Clinton/Lewinski mess, cuz thats when the forums really took off, if I remember correctly. Ken King was vehement in his defense of Clinton until the 'dress' was produced and verified...:lmao: Lot of good battles back then.
It had nothing to do with the dress, it was simply the stance of innocent until proven guilty and once Clinton admitted his lie there was nothing left to defend.

Otter

Nothing to see here
It had nothing to do with the dress, it was simply the stance of innocent until proven guilty and once Clinton admitted his lie there was nothing left to defend.

Yeah, thats true, I should have qualified my statement

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Ken King used to write me criticisms of my Fire Away column back in '97, so David thought it would be fun to have a forum where others could criticize me as well. :jet: :lol:
I might be wrong but Fire Back at DJ was a forum topic wasn't it? I know it was how I found the forums. I found the SOMD.com site (and the Fire Away column) by searching for local information for St. Mary's County. Was that back in '97?