How did you meet your spouse

red_explorer

Mine

I posted an ad on a dare. The last day the ad was running, he answered it, and it was the only ad he ever answered. We talked for two months before we met, and as soon as we met, we knew. We were married after a year and 9 months.

jetmonkey

I have no story... yet. But my parents have a pretty great one.

My father was a star in his high school: Varsity hockey player, Varsity football player, Varsity baseball player, etc. Plus, he was smart, a straight A student. His buddy Vince was dating my mom's best friend Eva. He told Vince to tell Eva to bring 2 of her girlfriends on a double date (so my dad had a choice as to which one he wanted). My mom and her other best friend Julie (who's middle name I have as my first name) watched my dad play a hockey game, and Julie leaned over to my mom and said "He's mine." My mom, never one to be challenged, decided THAT wasn't gonna happen. About half way through the double date, my dad leaned over to my mom and said "at the next light we'll do a chinese fire drill. Get back in and we'll drive off, leaving her in the intersection." So they did, and they've been together ever since.
This is not a great story. All the participants sound like #######s.

jenbengen

Watch it
I have no story... yet. But my parents have a pretty great one.

My father was a star in his high school: Varsity hockey player, Varsity football player, Varsity baseball player, etc. Plus, he was smart, a straight A student. His buddy Vince was dating my mom's best friend Eva. He told Vince to tell Eva to bring 2 of her girlfriends on a double date (so my dad had a choice as to which one he wanted). My mom and her other best friend Julie (who's middle name I have as my first name) watched my dad play a hockey game, and Julie leaned over to my mom and said "He's mine." My mom, never one to be challenged, decided THAT wasn't gonna happen. About half way through the double date, my dad leaned over to my mom and said "at the next light we'll do a chinese fire drill. Get back in and we'll drive off, leaving her in the intersection." So they did, and they've been together ever since.

Sound like nice people. :eyebrow:

K

kris31280

I apologize, I meant not a great story to decent people. The tards on the forum will eat it up with a spoon :huggy: :huggy: :huggy: :huggy: :huggy:
:duh: Oh please... it's a great story as in it's memorable. The events are completely hideous, but it's better than "He was my waiter in a cocktail bar."

latinamomma

Transam's wife
My husband and I met 14 years ago thru a friend of his ( I met his friend and went out on a date with him)...it was funny, this "friend" and I went to my husband's place and he had just gotten out of the shower and was in nothing but a brown towel....LOL! I knew about a week or two later, that I would end up being with him for a long time! Sure we have had our times of troubles...but hell, doesn't everyone?? No matter what, thru thick and thin, we have always loved one another.

Kittykat33

Why me??
My husband bought a house that was 1 house down from the house I was living in. The bar that I was bartending at was going out of business so we had a BIG blow out there with like 100 people in the bar. I was just giving things away like crazy. He came up to the bar and asked for a beer and I told him only if he comes over and cuts my grass. 2 days later he came over and cut my grass and we have been together since. We have been together for 4 years and married for almost 2 years.

belvak

Happy Camper
Met Hubby through my Sister (he was a friend of hers and I thought he was a jerk). She was hit getting off a school bus and spent a month or so in the hospital before passing away. He was at the hospital a lot and we sort of started hanging out together. One day, he told me he was going to marry me. I said No Way! He countered that he always got what he wanted, and I told him he was full of sh**! Eighteen months later, we walked down the aisle and will celebrate our 26th anniversary in July.

J

jjsmommy99

Met Hubby through my Sister (he was a friend of hers and I thought he was a jerk). She was hit getting off a school bus and spent a month or so in the hospital before passing away. He was at the hospital a lot and we sort of started hanging out together. One day, he told me he was going to marry me. I said No Way! He countered that he always got what he wanted, and I told him he was full of sh**! Eighteen months later, we walked down the aisle and will celebrate our 26th anniversary in July.

Even though you lost a sister, you gained a best friend. BTW what lighthouse is in your av?