Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Black/White with much grey to sift through

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters

BuddyLee

Football addict
Everyone's definition of 'good' or 'bad' or 'right' or 'wrong' differs. There is no universal definition. With all these varying opinions there certainly is a ton of grey.

The Jackoholic

thinning out the tards
its a sweltering cesspool of inhumanity and greed compounded by the selfishness of the world community toward their fellow troubled man

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Black and White! Grey areas are often created when we choose to ignore the black and white of a situation.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Oz said:
Black and White! Grey areas are often created when we choose to ignore the black and white of a situation.
:clap: Justifying the stealing of a loaf of bread is one's selfish way of clearing their conscience. It's wrong to steal -- period. That being said, it's one thing to overlook something due to extreme circumstances (e.g., Katrina); it's another to condone it.

morganj614

The Grateful Dead said there is a Touch of Grey :banana:

Sorry that you feel that way
The only thing there is to say
Every silver lining's got a
Touch of grey
I will get by / I will get by
I will get by / I will survive

It's a lesson to me
The Ables and the Bakers and the C's
The ABC's we all must face
And try to keep a little grace

It's a lesson to me
The deltas and the east and the freeze
The ABC's we all think of
Try to give a little love.

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
but it's all right.

Cows giving kerosene
Kid can't read at seventeen
The words he knows are all obscene
but it's all right
I will get by / I will get by
I will get by / I will survive

The shoe is on the hand it fits
There's really nothing much to it
Whistle through your teeth and spit
causeit's all right.

Oh well a Touch Of GreyKind of suits you anyway.
That was all I had to say
It's all right.

H

HollowSoul

between all the threads about "how do you sweeten your day" and "how do you see the world"... i'm thinking about starting a thread that ask'd the Q....

"if you were a guy (or girl) and you were dating a girl (or guy) that used to be a guy (or girl).....what does that make you since you were dating the girl (or guy) that used to be a guy (or girl)

straight
homo
:confused:

Mikeinsmd

It's black and white.

Kain99 said:
Take for instance Speeding: It is against the law in MD to drive over 55 - However, if one is rushing a family member to the emergency room - it is widely accepted that in this instance it's ok.
Black & white.... you broke the law!! Law does not say; "If you need to speed to save life, it's ok." Of course we all are going to do it but it's black & white that it is illegal.

BuddyLee said:
Your family is starving. You steal a loaf of bread, right or wrong? There are differences between promises and rules.:wink:
Same theory as above. It is wrong to do it but you're still going to do it.

Mikeinsmd

HollowSoul said:
between all the threads about "how do you sweeten your day" and "how do you see the world"... i'm thinking about starting a thread that ask'd the Q....

"if you were a guy (or girl) and you were dating a girl (or guy) that used to be a guy (or girl).....what does that make you since you were dating the girl (or guy) that used to be a guy (or girl)

straight
homo
:confused:
:killingme :killingme

Did you know of said gender before you started dating??

V

Vixen

About 2 weeks ago, I saw a very cute girl, about 28, and I found out it was a MAN. :gasp: :faint:

I wonder if anyone would admit if they hit on a person and later found out they were not the gender they thought and if that is considered a gray area in life. :twitch:

H

HollowSoul

Mikeinsmd said:
:killingme :killingme

Did you know of said gender before you started dating??
:ohwell: i should have stated that this was not of personal experiance

Larry Gude

Strung Out
When we say 'the world' we usually mean...

...'the human world' and by the wording of the poll question I think that's what we're talking about here. Not the tides and winds nor ice ages, mountains and nature but...us.

The 'world' is titanically, simply, straighforward black and white, all the time, every day, every second. That we were taught wrong or learned wrong or choose to complicate things with bad/stupid/rediculous choices may well be but then we throw in the concept of 'gray' to cover our tracks, the tracks of others or anything else we don't want to directly deal with at the moment. Much easier some times than making good choices but there it is, a choice.

Human beings and human beings alone posses the power of conscious thought. That means no matter what cards life handed you, you CAN overcome. You CAN win. You CAN change your life for the better.

We CAN because we can think AND we can control what we do, the choices, the actions, we make and take. How many times do we #### up and then, in hind sight, see things CRYSTAL clear? As we learn, we close that gap between figuring things out and when we take action. Before long, viola, we're actually looking before we leap!

Further, for every instance one can come up with of a bad thing or person or situation we can come up with 10, 20, 100 good things, people or situations.

That is so because, by and large, man is a social creature and has a basic good nature. That's at once one of our greatest strengths and weaknesses. But that is knowable.

Now, we can start throwing in 'gray' (aka 'excuses') and make it just as cloudy as you like or we can strip away the clouds, the gray, and make it as simple as it is.

Having trouble? Suffering 'gray'?

We have friends, neighbors, older siblings, parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, books, all manner or people who can and in fact can't wait to help us. To offer advice. To give examples. To help present choices and consequences.

So, I don't say to you that any one of us has all the answers, far from it. I simply say to you that the answers are out there and it is up to you how you go about it.

It's your choice.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
BuddyLee said:
Do you view the 'world' or 'life' as merely black/white or do you view the 'world' or 'life' as having many grey areas to sift through?

Please exemplify if you will.:cheers:
I view it as it is, in living color, but at times constrained by the black and white of laws and rules of behavior.

Mikeinsmd

Larry Gude said:
...Now, we can start throwing in 'gray' (aka 'excuses') and make it just as cloudy as you like or we can strip away the clouds, the gray, and make it as simple as it is. Having trouble? Suffering 'gray'?
:clap: