How far

Nanny Pam

pixiegirl said:
Is an acceptable distance between wedding ceremony site and reception site?
Well, how far is it from the living room to the dining room? :shrug:

sorry, Pix....couldn't resist.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
pixiegirl said:
Is an acceptable distance between wedding ceremony site and reception site?
Personally, I'd say w/in a few minutes - 15 or so tops. My parents had the reception about an hour away. :dead:

Angel

~*~*~
Chasey_Lane said:
Personally, I'd say w/in a few minutes - 15 or so tops. My parents had the reception about an hour away. :dead:
:yeahthat: I'd even go so far as 25 minutes away, but that is tops for me. The closer the better for you and your guests. The ex and I had our reception 45 minutes from the church, and I remember how anxious I was to get to the reception, and how worried I was about traffic and our guests and blah, blah, blah... Anyway I learned that closer is better.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
kwillia said:
Listen who's talking "Miss Making-Me-Leave-the-Country-To-Be-There"...:duh:
Pixie didn't ask how far away the wedding was; she asked how far away the wedding ceremony to the reception should be. :duh:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I'm torn..... On one hand I have a church I really really like and it's state owned so we can get our own minister, so all in all the price is right and there's no hassle over not being a member of the church, etc but about 45 minutes away I have a reception site that I really can't turn down because it's the perfect size and again the price is right. We are paying for the entire wedding ourselves and aren't having anything huge by any means so cost is a factor for sure but I don't want to inconvience any of our guests either. We're having a wedding because we want certain people who have touched our lives to be there with us when we do this. I'm trying to find a happy medium. :jameo:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
kwillia said:
You say "45 minutes away"... is that 45 minutes further out from the church... or 45 minutes back towards the direction most folks would be heading to get back home...:shrug:
What is this, calculus?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
kwillia said:
You say "45 minutes away"... is that 45 minutes further out from the church... or 45 minutes back towards the direction most folks would be heading to get back home...:shrug:

Away. :frown:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I'm inclined to think that 45 minutes is a bit far, since it's a late reception your guests will be driving home at night, and possibly a little inebriated. :lol: What area are you considering for both?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
And Pixie, dear...I think that because it is your wedding, you should do whatever makes you happiest. Chasey will be there no matter what you decide. :huggy:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
pixiegirl said:

Well split really. The church is in Charlotte Hall and the reception site in Lusby. For people in the lower counties it really wouldn't matter much. For people in Charles County and points north it would be much further home. We are planning a late wedding/reception anyway as it's on St. Patrick's Day. Party people! :getdown:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Chasey_Lane said:
And Pixie, dear...I think that because it is your wedding, you should do whatever makes you happiest. Chasey will be there no matter what you decide. :huggy:

And that's why I love me some Chasey. :love:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
pixiegirl said:
I'm looking for alternate ceremony sites.... :jameo:
How big of a ceremony do you want? There's a B&B in Solomons that will hold ceremonies if it is a limited amount of people. Have you looked into Greenwell State Park? It is on the water and you can have the reception there as well. HVFD is nice for a reception and they have a few rooms to choose from.