How far

cattitude said:
I could say the same to you...the Tiki is closed in March. :neener:
Trust me, they'd open it for Pixie. Don't you know, the world revolves around her, and all its inhabitants bend to her will?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
donbarzini said:
There's the key. Your "friends" will deal with it. Anybody that doesn't.....

O.F.W.

Being that these people are my friends I don't want to put them out of their way either. I may play a snotty biatch on the forums but in real life I'm really sorta ok from time to time. :lmao:

J

junkinthetrunk

pixiegirl said:
Well split really. The church is in Charlotte Hall and the reception site in Lusby. For people in the lower counties it really wouldn't matter much. For people in Charles County and points north it would be much further home. We are planning a late wedding/reception anyway as it's on St. Patrick's Day. Party people! :getdown:
If people want their free meal, they'll drive to the reception.

I went to a wedding once where the ceremony was something like 3 pm. The reception was 45 minutes away and instead of trying to rush and get there, they planned for the reception to start at 7 pm...and in the invitation stated it would be h'or doerves and desserts. That way, people could go to the wedding, go home and eat, change clothes...whatever....then drive to the reception.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
One of the best weddings and receptions I've been to was Ft. Meyers for the wedding, pictures at Iwo monument and Waldorf for the reception. I didn't think it was too far. It's whatever works for you and your family.

Coaster

Wedding and reception at the same location. Take the pictures before the ceremony, don't keep people hanging around.

Tina2001aniT

junkinthetrunk said:
If people want their free meal, they'll drive to the reception.

I totally think as many others have said that it is YOUR wedding and YOU are paying, YOU do what makes YOU happy. Haven't you learned by now it is all about YOU!!!

Honestly, I wouldn't think your friends and family should have a problem driving given that they know that is whatyou want and will make you happy.

Coaster said:
Take the pictures before the ceremony, don't keep people hanging around.
Pixie... this is a great point! But it would blow the whole "Groom shouldn't see the Bride before the wedding...:blahblah:" thingy. :ohwell:

Coaster

kwillia said:
Pixie... this is a great point! But it would blow the whole "Groom shouldn't see the Bride before the wedding...:blahblah:" thingy. :ohwell:

I've heard of pictures being done at the rehearsal.
One thing for sure, watch the stress level, isn't that day supposed to be joyful?
Yea, take advice from someone who has never and will never be married.
I'll shut up now. :whistle:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Not to throw you out of whack here, but have you considered renting a hall and having a potluck for your reception? Many southern weddings are done this way (and ya do have some GA family). That way many who want to, especially older family members, can contribute to your reception and not feel bad about not having the money to buy the items you registered for, and in the process you get free food and beverages for the reception.

Nanny Pam

I'm remembering Pixie preggers. She :smack: everyone.
Now I see Pixie planning a wedding. :jameo:

My crystal ball says we'll soon see another Bride-zilla thread. :killingme

I love this forum!! Ya'll keep me in stitches.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
migtig said:
One of the best weddings and receptions I've been to was Ft. Meyers for the wedding, pictures at Iwo monument and Waldorf for the reception. I didn't think it was too far.

Florida, DC, and Waldorf all in one day? :confused:

MMDad

Lem Putt
pixiegirl said:
I'm looking for alternate ceremony sites.... :jameo:
We have friends who were married under the Drum Point Lighthouse. You would have to do it after the Museum closed. They were not charged, so the price is right.

donbarzini

pixiegirl said:
... I may play a snotty biatch on the forums but in real life I'm really sorta ok from time to time. :lmao:

After your gracious response to my apology for putting my foot in my mouth,
I, for one, am well aware of your "O.K.-ness". All the more reason for me to want to rise to your defense and smite anyone who feels the need to take issue with your choices, ma'am.