How old

MrX

High Octane
It's different for men and women.
They say "5 months", we say "almost half a year"

7-8 months = little over half a year
9-11 months = not quite a year

They consider development in months, we notice the event.
eating cereal = toxic smelling crap
first steps means we have to move our stuff up out of reach
Takes them about 2-3 years to become more interested in a what's in a box than the box itself.
If you have a boy, you can start buying cool toys at about 4-5 years.

That makes sense, as its usually women i hear saying that.

We're having a girl, so how soon is too soon to shop for a bigger gun?

SeaRide

It continues at least until they are 2. The developmental differences between a child who is 12 months and one who is 16 months is huge. Even the difference between 18 and 22 months is significant. Once they are two, the differences are fairly minor, but some physical and mental developmental scales still note differences month by month up to 36 months.

Instead of typing pretty much the same as what Dymphna posted so I say :yeahthat:

me123

does a child have to be for the parents to stop stating their (childs) age in months? I always hear people saying on my < insert child here > is how ever many (say 36 for example) months old, etc. Why not just say three years old instead? :confused: I'll be a father in a few months, and I need to know when to stop this nonsense. TIA.

I sure hope we can remember that.......:whistle:

puggymom

Definitely, after the age of two, referring to age in months should stop.

:yeahthat:
At least I did for my first. My second is 20 months old (today actually) but I actually had to stop and think about it the other day since I have just been saying 18 months for the past like 4 months.

Last edited:

Toxick

Splat
does a child have to be for the parents to stop stating their (childs) age in months? I always hear people saying on my < insert child here > is how ever many (say 36 for example) months old, etc. Why not just say three years old instead? :confused: I'll be a father in a few months, and I need to know when to stop this nonsense. TIA.

I stopped when they hit a year old.

When someone asked how old they were, instead of saying 15 months, or 21 months, I simply said "1".

Real easy that way.

Toxick

Splat
They consider development in months, we notice the event.
eating cereal = toxic smelling crap
first steps means we have to move our stuff up out of reach
Takes them about 2-3 years to become more interested in a what's in a box than the box itself.
If you have a boy, you can start buying cool toys at about 4-5 years.

This is a good idea.

From now on, instead of asking how old a baby is, I'll simply ask "Green, Yellow or Brown?"

That'll give me a general idea.

SoMDGirl42

Actually, I think I will now start giving the kids ages in months instead of years. Less chance they'll keep asking about the huge age difference since it'll take them awhile to figure out how old 265 months, 234 months and 33 months really are. Good idea! :yahoo:

belvak

Happy Camper
This is a good idea.

From now on, instead of asking how old a baby is, I'll simply ask "Green, Yellow or Brown?"

That'll give me a general idea.

:roflmao:

Actually, I think I will now start giving the kids ages in months instead of years. Less chance they'll keep asking about the huge age difference since it'll take them awhile to figure out how old 265 months, 234 months and 33 months really are. Good idea! :yahoo:

:yikes: That's quite an age difference! Congrats to you on the "second" family.

Cool :yay:
Real men play Candy Land, my little pony and Barbie

:yeahthat: Definite :yay: on your little girl MrX!!